New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by atog View Post
    yup tama ka sir..saka ang nkaka enganyo un mura kasi china made cars...ganun tayo mga pinoy basta mura un n gusto sa huli nag mumura naman..
    Alam mo naman pala eh, ba't ka pa bibibli.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ung iba naman curious sa china made cars kaya bumibili ng 1 or 2 para masubukan.
    kaya nga , kasi kung hindi mo naman susubukan hindi mo malalaman ang kakayanan nila , ang ayuko lang sa china cars lugeng luge talaga sa resale value at sobrang pahirapan talaga sa pag benta .

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    [QUOTE=jrn29;2062277]kaya nga , kasi kung hindi mo naman susubukan hindi mo malalaman ang kakayanan nila , ang ayuko lang sa china cars lugeng luge talaga sa resale value at sobrang pahirapan talaga sa pag benta .[/]

I bought a Joylong Majestic Van 2012. Not because it is cheap (price niya that time is P1.82M) but because it is the only available van that can accomodate 18 people comfortably in individually reclining seats. Its main purpose is to ferret our camera club members for out of town trips. It is seldom use and currently the odometer reading is in the 20,000+ range.

Our company also has Grandias. And compared to the Joylong, it is definitely more reliable.

As of now, These are the defects that I have experienced with my Joylong. Defective fuel sensor ( replaced spent about P1K), clogged fuel filters (2) spent P3K. Defective secondary and master clutch cylinder (replaced spent P4k). Defective clutch disk, clutch pressure plate and release bearing. Replaced (replaced spent P9k). Temperature going up more than 3/4 when climbing uphill. Installed additional fan (P3K). In fairness to IZuparts, we did'nt have any problem buying the parts from them. it was always in stock and their prices are fair.

The Joylong is an important vehicle for me as it is the only vehicle that can accomodate our club. Its also very cheap on diesel as a roundtrip sagada trip is only P3,500 with 18 people aboard. Even with the problems I mentioned, I have no plans of disposing my Joylong as until now it is the only class1 vehicle that can accomodate 18 people comfortably. NV350 SWB that are cramped is not an option for me.

My problem right now is it lacks power when going up steep inclines. Specially if you come from a deadstop. I'm planning to replace the R&P to a low speed one, sacrificing top speed in exchange for more low end torque. They say that the joylong rear axle is the same with a Grandia, I wonder if this is true?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    [QUOTE=monmendoza;2845537]
    Quote Originally Posted by jrn29 View Post
    kaya nga , kasi kung hindi mo naman susubukan hindi mo malalaman ang kakayanan nila , ang ayuko lang sa china cars lugeng luge talaga sa resale value at sobrang pahirapan talaga sa pag benta .[/]

I bought a Joylong Majestic Van 2012. Not because it is cheap (price niya that time is P1.82M) but because it is the only available van that can accomodate 18 people comfortably in individually reclining seats. Its main purpose is to ferret our camera club members for out of town trips. It is seldom use and currently the odometer reading is in the 20,000+ range.

Our company also has Grandias. And compared to the Joylong, it is definitely more reliable.

As of now, These are the defects that I have experienced with my Joylong. Defective fuel sensor ( replaced spent about P1K), clogged fuel filters (2) spent P3K. Defective secondary and master clutch cylinder (replaced spent P4k). Defective clutch disk, clutch pressure plate and release bearing. Replaced (replaced spent P9k). Temperature going up more than 3/4 when climbing uphill. Installed additional fan (P3K). In fairness to IZuparts, we did'nt have any problem buying the parts from them. it was always in stock and their prices are fair.

The Joylong is an important vehicle for me as it is the only vehicle that can accomodate our club. Its also very cheap on diesel as a roundtrip sagada trip is only P3,500 with 18 people aboard. Even with the problems I mentioned, I have no plans of disposing my Joylong as until now it is the only class1 vehicle that can accomodate 18 people comfortably. NV350 SWB that are cramped is not an option for me.

My problem right now is it lacks power when going up steep inclines. Specially if you come from a deadstop. I'm planning to replace the R&P to a low speed one, sacrificing top speed in exchange for more low end torque. They say that the joylong rear axle is the same with a Grandia, I wonder if this is true?
    not only for vans but also for trucks a lot of chinese brand are entering our market not just they are cheaper but they can haul much larger volumes compare to our local brands.. parts and resale value will always be the problem

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kaya nga , kasi kung hindi mo naman susubukan hindi mo malalaman ang kakayanan nila , ang ayuko lang sa china cars lugeng luge talaga sa resale value at sobrang pahirapan talaga sa pag benta .[/]

how's about a mitsubishi rosa?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The Mitsubishi Rosa is much bigger, it competes with the Toyota Coaster

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Looking at the Joylong website, it seems that this is a licensed copy of the Hiace. Everything is the same, down to the Toyota 2KD engine. This engine used to power the Hiace until Toyota upgraded it to the more powerful 1KD just recently. I've seen it (the 2KD) in action in Marcos Highway going up to Baguio in a fully loaded Hiace GL Grandia M/T and boy am I impressed!

If something fails, I'd suggest you have your mechanic replace it with original Toyota Hiace parts, I'm quite positive it will fit. This will also make it more reliable, since it would then be using Japanese parts and not their low quality Chinese counterparts. Clutch assembly replacement at just 20+tkms? The clutch assembly of our Revo diesel lasted for 50k predominantly city kilometers at naiiklian na ako jan.

If you want more power, I'd suggest you go for the Unichip at Speedlab. Should give you 10-20whp more at least.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    [QUOTE=GTi;2846721]
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post

Looking at the Joylong website, it seems that this is a licensed copy of the Hiace. Everything is the same, down to the Toyota 2KD engine. This engine used to power the Hiace until Toyota upgraded it to the more powerful 1KD just recently. I've seen it (the 2KD) in action in Marcos Highway going up to Baguio in a fully loaded Hiace GL Grandia M/T and boy am I impressed!

If something fails, I'd suggest you have your mechanic replace it with original Toyota Hiace parts, I'm quite positive it will fit. This will also make it more reliable, since it would then be using Japanese parts and not their low quality Chinese counterparts. Clutch assembly replacement at just 20+tkms? The clutch assembly of our Revo diesel lasted for 50k predominantly city kilometers at naiiklian na ako jan.

If you want more power, I'd suggest you go for the Unichip at Speedlab. Should give you 10-20whp more at least.

I have confirmed that Grandia clutch assemblies are different for the Joylong unfortunately. But it seems that the 3rd member of a hilux/granndia rear axle seems to be the same as in the Joylong. I will keep you updated.

I am interested in your Unichip by Speedlab option. Is this engine specific? The Joylong I purchased has a 2.8Liter engine and very different from that of a Toyota Grandia. Will unichip work with any diesel engine? Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    [QUOTE=dr. d;2845555]
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post

how's about a mitsubishi rosa?
    The mitsubishi Rosa is in the leagues of the toyota coaster and too big for me to drive.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    [QUOTE=monmendoza;2848594]
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

I have confirmed that Grandia clutch assemblies are different for the Joylong unfortunately. But it seems that the 3rd member of a hilux/granndia rear axle seems to be the same as in the Joylong. I will keep you updated.

I am interested in your Unichip by Speedlab option. Is this engine specific? The Joylong I purchased has a 2.8Liter engine and very different from that of a Toyota Grandia. Will unichip work with any diesel engine? Thanks.
    Ah, dalawa pala yung engine options niya. Yung nakita ko sa website last time yung 2.5L "Toyota technology" engine, with similar power output to the 2KD. I wonder saan kaya galing tong 2.8L "Euro tech" engine na to. The 2.8L Cummins ISF used by Foton makes similar power though. Pareho kaya?

Kung engine/transmission lang nagkaiba, I suppose pang ilalim pareho parin, so you would be able to use most Hiace underchassis components.

Speedlab claims that they can install the Unichip on any car that has a computer box both diesel and gas. Power gains are very good for turbocharged engines, even more so if intercooled. They may not have encountered that particular engine before though, so baka medyo matatagalan ang install. That was the case with our 2010 Carnival, buong hapon ginawa, samantala ang 2007 Santa Fe namin mga 2 hours lang. Chat mo muna sila sa Facebook.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Joylong Hivan van vs toyota grandia.