New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jutenheim223 View Post
    I really like this idea, now the only thing left is convincing my family to get two cars instead of 1. Because they're gonna reason out that, if we're gonna buy two cars, might as well buy one and save the remaining money. So, it's gonna be a hard option.
    That's actually a more practical way to go. If you don't need a 1.8m car, no sense in maxing out the available budget.

The extra money can go to investments or a side business or etcetera.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    me i'll get a Montero Sport brandnew worth 1.2M GLX 2.5 non- VGT then i'll get a slightly used Lancer EX GT-A worth 600K

may pang baha, pang ragged at 7 seater pa then may pang porma pang pa ako

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by notitots View Post
    if the family is ok with getting 2 cars, id go that route. probably the base mirage plus another vehicle - ranger, innova, montero glx etc.depending on terrain and use.. if its going to be the only car for a family of 7, i'd seriously consider a van. we're a family of 6 and we always use the starex whenever we need to cram in only one vehicle to travel. nobody wants to routinely sit in the 3rd row of a fortuner/montero/santa fe/trailblazer/pajero. it's bearable but not comfortable. you wont hear any complaints when the car is new but the novelty wears off at some point in time.
    Maybe a van is more practical, but we're just a family of 5 so I think yung space ng SUV is enough. My reasons for getting an SUV is the "porma" looks, the space in case there's more people to carry (nagiging marami lang naman kami kapag nagoouting kami, but meron naman starex at city ang pinsan ko na lagi namin kasama), and high clearance for floods. Alam ko na kung family of 5 lang kami I can get away with just a sedan, pero yun nga, need ko ng space plus grabe ung flooding problem sa pilipinas and my main route is along taft through manila. Alam ko din na kaya naman ng van yun pero hindi ako komportable isugod sa baha ang hiace or starex, unlike kapag montero, fortuner, or trailblazer.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Delay gratification..get the low end montero, pasok sa mutual funds P500k...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Delay gratification..get the low end montero, pasok sa mutual funds P500k...
    Thanks sir, I'll be considering it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    +1 sa Innova + Mirage Combo

Mirage Gls 1.2 A/T CVT Srp 638,000
    Innova 2.5G Dsl A/T Srp 1,168,000

Less Cash Discounts.
    Pasok na pasok sa 1.8M

Both easy to maintain.

As per my experience, iba pa rin ang may 2nd car if youre a family man unless problema ang parking. hehe.. Daming advantages. 😊

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by notitots View Post
    if the family is ok with getting 2 cars, id go that route. probably the base mirage plus another vehicle - ranger, innova, montero glx etc.depending on terrain and use.. if its going to be the only car for a family of 7, i'd seriously consider a van. we're a family of 6 and we always use the starex whenever we need to cram in only one vehicle to travel. nobody wants to routinely sit in the 3rd row of a fortuner/montero/santa fe/trailblazer/pajero. it's bearable but not comfortable. you wont hear any complaints when the car is new but the novelty wears off at some point in time.
    True. If all seven of you will be riding together regularly might as well get a van. Starex + compact combo. Or a muuuuch cheaper alternative would be a Suzuki APV then you'll still have enough money for the entry level Montero/Fortuner. You get 2 seven seaters instead of one.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by edsgail1230 View Post
    +1 sa Innova + Mirage Combo

Mirage Gls 1.2 A/T CVT Srp 638,000
    Innova 2.5G Dsl A/T Srp 1,168,000

Less Cash Discounts.
    Pasok na pasok sa 1.8M

Both easy to maintain.

As per my experience, iba pa rin ang may 2nd car if youre a family man unless problema ang parking. hehe.. Daming advantages. ��
    Haha yes, problema nga ang parking. We have four houses in our lot because there are the four of us. My brother have a city and a starex so limited na agad ang parking space.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678