Hi guys, our family is currently in the market for a crossover, choices being the tucson 2.0 GL, captiva 2.0D and forester 2.0 XS, all within a budget of 1.5m. It boils down to either the forester or the tucson, with more bias towards the forester since we're planning to keep this more than 5 years, and the reliability of the korean diesels in the long run is still questionable, not that Hyundai is not dependable.

Going for the FXT was given a thought but the parents will be using this mostly as a daily driver so fuel consumption still considered, thus the 2.0XS. I've read through much of this thread, as well as the comparo threads, especially the FXT vs tucson 2.4 gls. But still I have questions, since the parents are still lookin on our diesel choices. Hope you could clear my doubts.

1. Is it still true that fuel consumption for the new Forester 2.0 model nearly identical to the turbo variant?
2. How about estimated figures regarding the maintenance between the three cars? I am guessing they should be close enough considering Subaru's hefty pricetag and the maintenance for diesel engines.
3. I know these cars aren't built for performance, but is there still some fun to be had behind the wheel?
4. Ive been browsing the captiva thread but haven't found any solid feedback from the group of posters. It's a 50-50 split between those who are happy and those being bugged by some sort of power issue in the engine. Hope someone could share their experience with Chevy and/or the Captiva.

We're planning for test drives for the following weeks, but your inputs are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!