New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Good day tsikot. My family is saving up for a new family car. We are 5 in the family. I know that these 2 cars are mismatch but we're having a hard time weighing the pros and cons of these two vehicles. Can you guys give us tips, recommendations, etc? What can you say about the performance, gas consumption, leg rooms, etc. Thank you for all suggestions! God bless!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Performance - Although both have decent performance, mas mabilis ang Everest sa hatakan (especially useful for long trips)

Gas Consumption - No brainer, Everest wins here

Leg Rooms- Decent in the second row, super tight sa third row ng Everest (I'm just 5'3 pero nasisiskipan ako dito), Escape has a roomy rear seat, good leg and head room

If I were you, mag Everest ka na. Since 5 kayo in the family, and it would be nice kung big car na ang kunin niyo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *myk334 Im 5'2 pero I find the 3rd row okay naman, or siguro kasi payat lang ako. Hahaha and I love the 3rd row ang taas compared to monty and fort eh. Anyway, thanks sir sa inputs!

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gelahascue View Post
    *myk334 Im 5'2 pero I find the 3rd row okay naman, or siguro kasi payat lang ako. Hahaha and I love the 3rd row ang taas compared to monty and fort eh. Anyway, thanks sir sa inputs!
    I'm 5'3 pero malaki body fit eh...

Mataas nga yung third row ng Everest...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Or you can wait for the new Escape next year. But if you need a car right now, i would choose the Everest.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *sachiel Will there be a diesel variant or Escape next year? I mean, malaking bagay pag diesel since gasoline prices are sky high ngayon. Next year pa din naman kami bibili eh. Sana may bago na ding everest. Hihihi

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Everest for me.

The Escape may be more comfy but the Everest has a diesel engine, tough chassis and eventually, resale value.

The Escape has good (or deeper) leg room at the rear primarily due to its monoque chassis as against the Everest which is ladder on frame.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    At the present time where in gasoline price is a bit high i would definitely go for everest. Performance wise the everest has a torquey engine with response even for its automatic version. You need to put nitro air on all wheels to lessen the bumpy ride.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The new Everest is also coming soon, believe it or not. New Ranger means new Everest as well. Especially with this monster of a Ranger that's coming the upcoming Everest is definitely gonna be a beast! Malabo na magkaroon ng diesel Escape, since galing US yung model and they are not keen on diesels, siguro hybrid Escape mas possible pa. And I rather doubt it that the new Escape will be coming as early as next year...

Now about the current models. Both are tough vehicles and have respectable off road capabilities. The Escape is comfortable, has lots of room for five and has decent engine performance and gas mileage (for a 2.3L engine, that is). I believe the Everest is most compatible with you. Engine performance is definitely great, its flood proof, gas mileage is pretty good and handling is very, very good considering that the Ranger is drift-worthy. The seven person seating capacity is a must have with a family of five, you never know when you have to take in extra people.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thank you sirs sa mga reply! So wala na escape sa list ko. Kasi before I also considered Montero, Fortuner and Captiva diesel but nagsawa na ko sa dami ng montero at fort sa daan. Lalo na ang fort pati interior hindi ko talaga trip ng interior ng fort. Sa captiva naman, i dont know anything about this vehicle pero enticing kasi mura for the 4x2 diesel variant eh. Should I still consider some of these vehicles over the Everest?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ford Everest AT or Ford Escape AT?