New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well I follow the km and not the months. Kasi low mileage ako eh para mas tipid sa PMS. 5000km for me will take me 8-9 months so mas sulit kaysa every 3 months nag papa-PMS...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    is this true? every 3 months you need to spend 6k? Nako, im planning to buy an SF pa naman.
    PMS is every 5K po or every 6 months... sakin about 3K petot lang (semi-synthetic).

Also, I think mas madalas ang PMS ng diesel engines than gasoline in general. It's not just SF. Anyway, mas mura naman per liter at matipid ang diesel engines than gasoline. So that's a trade-off...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    FUEL EXPENSE whether diesel or gasoline is the MOST EXPENSIVE PART OF OWNING A CAR. Its much more expensive than the car's PMS costs in its life duration. We probably spend about P80,000 in fuel expense a year while PMS a year should be like P12,000. There will be some years like the 60K PMS that it might cost more but overall fuel expense is still the most expensive part of running a car. So I think its still a good trade-off...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kasi ako sa car ko ngayon. every 6 months ako nagpapapms. Siguro I'll follow the km or the 6 month period na lang.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    FUEL EXPENSE whether diesel or gasoline is the MOST EXPENSIVE PART OF OWNING A CAR. Its much more expensive than the car's PMS costs in its life duration. We probably spend about P80,000 in fuel expense a year while PMS a year should be like P12,000. There will be some years like the 60K PMS that it might cost more but overall fuel expense is still the most expensive part of running a car. So I think its still a good trade-off...
    That's true sir tidus.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    so for the comparison of FWD Honda CRV 2.0 with 5A/T vs.
    Hyundai Tucson 2.0CRDi Automatic 148bhp (not same as Pinas spec though).
    ours is actually the wimpy one...

look at the sites to get the facts!...
    http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/cr-v/

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/tucson/technical/

FUEL Economy mpg / kpl)
    Tucson Combined 35.3mpg/12.5kpl (2.5%better)
    CRV Combined 34.4mpg/12.2kpl

0-62mph in seconds:
    Tucson 12.8s
    CRV 12.2s (6/10 of a second faster!)

Maximum speed (mph) :
    Tucson 109mph/175kph
    CRV 110mph/177kph (2kph faster!)

Fuel economy: as expected the diesel Tucson wins, but not by much.

so performance Wise CRV wins in acceleration and TopSpeed,
    though not by a big margin.
    so the R20 iVtec engine really is something.

lamang ang CRV in terms of lower maintenance cost (assuming all mineral based oil). every 10T km. that would make a big dent in money.
    ang Tucson ay every 5T km. not to mention timing belt ang Tucson which is more costly every 100T km.

Ride and Handling , no question CRV wins. its very refined, and very comfortable.

ok so balik tayo sa fuel cost...first i don't agree with ser Tidus calculation of Php80k per year. not unless u are driving >20T km per year. who does that? so for the sake of a scientific calculation we use the ff. data. what is our fuel cost?

[Assumption]
    *mileage per year. the normal user is about 10T km.
    *diesel : Php24/li
    *gas : Php33.5/li (to satisfy those who said its +9.5 more expensive)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Tucson Fuel Cost: Distance km / kpl x Php (diesel)/ li.
    = 10,000 / 12.5 x 24
    = Php19,200.

CRV Fuel Cost : Distance km / kpl x Php (Gas)/ li.
    = 10,000 / 12.2 x 33.5
    = Php27,459. (about Php8,259 more)!

that cost could almost be offset by lower CRV maintenance cost.

Conclusion: if i were buying new, i'd get the CRV. for better all around performance, refinement, space, etc.
    now that u have ur Tucson, though it maybe a boring machine for practicality sake stick with it.

so if Honda did offer its 2.2li turbo diesel mas lalo na angat 'to. (at least until the Hyundai Rseries diesel comes out) haha.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Impressive. But you forgot one important calculation

Tucson CRDi 4X2 A/T = P1,113,000
    CR-V Gas 4X2 A/T = P1,295,000

for a difference of P182,000

Just though it would also matter...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just check the buy and sell.. there are more pre-owned CRVs that i sfor sale and you can barely see pre-owned CRDI Tucson that is for sale.... meaning a lot of CRDI Tucson owners are happy with their rides :D

though mas madaming bumibili talga ng CRV because of the brand... :D

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Kung fully synth ang gamit mo every 10,000km ang full replace sa SF CRDi. Sa 5000km top up lang atsaka palit oil filter. Pag semi-synthetic or mineral oil gamit mo then every 5000km palit. Dinadaya ka na ng CASA mo Gen. Miting if they say to replace your oil every 5000 km (using fully synth), pineperahan ka na nila!

I spent 6k to have a fully synthetic oil placed for my first 1,000km check up. I am required to have an oil change every 5,000kms. Is it cheaper if I just have the oil change done at Shell or Petron? Whats a good fully synthetic oil brand for the Tucson?

Whats the benefit of a fully synthetic oil anyway? I did not really notice any change in the driving.

OT: I have a 1.8S/AT Civic. I can verify that the Tucson 2WD/AT 2.0 CRDi can give some savings of about half vs Civic. I spend Php500 (2-way) going to Angeles, Pampanga from Taguig Global City using my Civic, but now is just Php330 using the Tucson. I made this comparison because the engine of the 1.8S Civic and the 2.0 2WD CRV is almost the same.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    The Tucson for me is a rugged car that I can bring to far places and not worry about the fuel and it being stuck in the mud or getting dirty. The inside is very simple looking and easy to clean. Its also a solid car. The inside of the Tucson is also very relaxing. Its not the cozy type like the Civic and CRV.

I had serious doubts about the Tucson when I bought it just last month mainly because of prestige which for me only the CRV and Montero Sport has. I am still planing to sell my 2009 Tucson but might delay it for late this year as advised by the good people in this forum. http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58167

I think the Tucson is a little both of the CRV and MS. It's a diesel powered SUV that rides and handles like a car.

I plan to put in some accessories in my Tucson next month. I'll see if my heart will change in selling it this year. Im really starting to fall in love with it na that I dont use my Civic anymore except during coding days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda CRV 09 vs Hyundai Tucson 09 CRDi