New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stgo0727 View Post
    i need to buy brand new because its required from my company loan. so i can't get the hilux 3.0D4D even if i really really wanted to.

i noticed the strada GLX-V has the VGT 4D56 engine while the GLX only says 4D56. Are these different engines? But yun nga, i heard the maintenance cost ng stradas are high. do you guys know how high??? how much is the estimated frequency and cost? baka naman magulat ako frequency and expenses.

yung hilux din... any idea on the maintenance frequency and cost? i used to have a toyota sedan, not much maintenance yun and was content with the performance. kaso lang, i found na medyo matigas yung gears.

ok, i will try to search for topgear reviews and the youtube video.

thanks again!
    Yes, yung 4D56 sa GLX Strada is yung ordinary wastegate turbo lang so power is at 136hp and 314Nm, yung VGT naman 178hp 350Nm (400Nm for M/T GLX-V). I don't own a Strada or Montero Sport so I don't know the exact cost of maintenance, but CRDi vehicles are not really that bad. Oil changes and mechanical parts are more expensive but its not to the point na nakakatakot. This is coming from a Trooper 3.0DDi owner, and everyone knows how hard it is to maintain one. So far, we haven't had maintenance or repair going over the 50k mark pa nga eh.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by autobroker360 View Post
    have you considered the ranger?
    hi autobroker, no i haven't considered the ranger yet.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Maintenance cost between hilux and strada would be close. Tucson would be the lowest since it has fewer oil in the engine (gas kasi) vs the diesels of the two.

The engine of the GLX-V and the GLX are the same but the turbo is different that is why power is also very different. Have you checked other pick-ups?

As GTi mentioned, get the Strada GLX-V for the amount of money you have. Comfort with Power.

thanks for the advise RY_Tower!

parang natatakot ako sa maintenance ng pickup options ko. hehe! pero, let's say... if you compare the maintenance cost to a brand new honda civic, would it be close? or mas mahal pa talaga ang pickups?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes, yung 4D56 sa GLX Strada is yung ordinary wastegate turbo lang so power is at 136hp and 314Nm, yung VGT naman 178hp 350Nm (400Nm for M/T GLX-V). I don't own a Strada or Montero Sport so I don't know the exact cost of maintenance, but CRDi vehicles are not really that bad. Oil changes and mechanical parts are more expensive but its not to the point na nakakatakot. This is coming from a Trooper 3.0DDi owner, and everyone knows how hard it is to maintain one. So far, we haven't had maintenance or repair going over the 50k mark pa nga eh.
    ok, thanks a lot for your replies! so far, it looks like the strada glx-v is highly recommended. but i will definitely test drive these vehicles para i will know which one feels good to drive as well.

if anyone else would like to post your reviews and opinions here, pls do so! thanks!!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd say mas tatagal sayo ang mga pickups, mas pwedeng iabuso at mas matipid sa krudo. So in the long run, the added expense in maintenance should be quite worth it. The Strada's 2012 upgrade means the GLX-V gets the 5 speed A/T with manual shift override with paddle shifters which should give you even better gas mileage and performance as well.

You may consider the Ford Ranger 2.5TDCi. Its not as fast as the Strada but its also got a 5 speed A/T and an LSD which makes it very capable off road despite lack of 4WD. Waterproof computer box means unparalleled fording capability too. But the rear seat space is very tight and ride quality is not very good.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello sir, among the 3 mentioned vehicle i would go for the strada. Comfortable ride and low turning radius are the plus factors of the strada. Try getting the manual version to obtain the maximum fuel effiency. GLXV is only averaging 7 to 8 km/liter for pure city driving

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    My strada just had its 70k PMS and it cost me 8k+. 8 liters of engine oil(casa oil-630 per liter), oil filter(casa price - 1200), labor and check-ups(nakalimutan ko na magkano). Hehe.

For a regular check-up that would be fair enough.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *beni23 -- wow! so that's an average of around P10k per regular maintenance check? how often should it be maintained... every ilang kilometers or every ilang months?

*GTi -- i haven't really considered the ford ranger yet but sige, will check it out too.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Hello sir, among the 3 mentioned vehicle i would go for the strada. Comfortable ride and low turning radius are the plus factors of the strada. Try getting the manual version to obtain the maximum fuel effiency. GLXV is only averaging 7 to 8 km/liter for pure city driving
    so the GLX-V automatic is a gas guzzler pala talaga. i was leaning towards this na pa naman sana.
    yeah, i figured the manual version would be more fuel efficient nga. but kakapagod din kasi mag drive everyday.

plus, i think (am just guessing here) that most 2nd hand pickup buyers would prefer a manual pickup rather than an automatic one siguro?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sakto lang yan IMO. Tsaka diesel naman kaya ok lang. Ang CRDi hindi talaga sobrang tipid niyan sa city driving pero pag nasa highway na, mabilis na, matipid pa. ;)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast