New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mambuhay ba ng lumang thread, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by marcons View Post
    you know how it feels if you own a honda car in this country...
    Yeah -- flat-out BROKE, especially after PMS schedules. :evillaugh And a really bloated sense of prestige (no Honda taxis, remember?).

What sweetens the deal for the Swift, OTOH is that Suzuki offers free maintenance (parts and labor) for the first two years, on top of the standard 3-year warranty. That should enable a law student to save money for the really important things, such as tuition fees.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 28th, 2008 at 04:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    get the Jazz because it's a HONDA.

you know how it feels if you own a honda car in this country...
    How does it feel to have a Honda? No different. Hondas are not pretigious nor "special" IMHO.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    well maybe because it has maintained its status of "no taxi" being used Honda vehicles.. also the VTEC really made the honda very popular... but they are no way anymore prestigious nor special than their japanese brand counter parts...

for me i go for the suzuki swift...

OT: even riders choose Honda Wave or Honda XRM.. feeling naka "honda civic" sila.. since the word "honda" eh nakadikit sa mga motor nila... yung mga can't afford to buy a car especially a honda civic end up with a honda... xrm nga lang... i even see one rider na naka park sa parking area ng mga kotse nakahiga pa siya sa ibabaw ng motor nya while waiting...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    bkit d na lng suzuki..
    advantge ni2 is its japan CBU - compact built unit..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    well, kahit ano pang reklamo nyo sa honda, honda pa rin yan... it's a reality that many Filipinos appreciate honda and the reasons are: http://www.honda.net.my/about/achievements.cfm

:clap1:

truth hurts... BOW!

btw, we're not talking about car services here, we're talking about the "CAR". you can have your car fixed at different car shops naman eh, not just in the casa.:banana2:
    i don't like to imitate the original mini-cooper and i'm not a fan of ninja turtles kasi.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I saw the new jazz and swift last sunday sa greenhills nakadisplay. we're considering buying a new car so I tried looking around and sat on the cars to get a feel.

Jazz has a newer look, swift same pa din.
    with the new jazz being i-vtec now instead of i-DSI even for the 1.3 variant how is the fuel consumption compared to the swift?
    how is the ride on these 2? We have a city and medyo matagtag sya. The suspension is not really that good. Would the swift or jazz be better?
    In terms of trunk space, mas malaki din ang sa new jazz visually, is my observation correct?
    regarding the free maintenance for the 1st 2 years, does this include the engine oil?

in terms of going thru a bit of flood, which one would be more capable. Of course not expecting it to go thru heavy floods. One thing I didn't look at are the engine bays so couldn't tell where the air intakes are.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Zuki swift.

btw, whats so prestigious about owning a honda?? i dont get it... perhaps comparing it to toyota pwede pang ijustify... otherwise, wala nmang special. maganda lang branding ng honda.

2 cents worth lol

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think its still all boild down to their "No taxi policy" that people think they are prestigious. Whether you agree nor not, its there to stay and thankfully it props up resale values.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'll go for swift!!

I already drove a swift and it's really fast. And with regards to its look, you have nothing to modify unless you're really into aesthetics.

One more thing: hot girl + swift =

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    btw, we're not talking about car services here, we're talking about the "CAR". you can have your car fixed at different car shops naman eh, not just in the casa.:banana2:
    As long as we're talking about the "car", how about that new Civic that burst into flames in the UP campus all by itself? "Catch The Fever", indeed....

Or how about the USDM Gen2 CR-Vs that spontaneously ignited after their first oil change (glaring design defect, no matter what Honda says). This was the basis of a class action suit filed by an Illinois man against American Honda Motor Corporation last year.

Although at the very least, those instances should make a very good case for making fire extinguishers standard on all passenger vehicles.

Besides, I'm not sure if Honda owners are willing to risk voiding their warranty by having their rides serviced anywhere other than the casa.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 12th, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
HELP! suzuki swift, honda jazz or toyota vios?