New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm... dwelling on an isolated case?

parang OT pero this guy is really banging on honda. how about the camry's foul a/c odor? how about the lancers ridiculous suspension problems?

kung unreliable talaga honda then why does it get the car of the year awards year-on-year?

USDM cr-v? hindi PHDM? papaimoprt ka? :bwahaha:

saan nangyari sa honda pinas yung sinasabi mo? dapat may reports on that already.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    parang OT pero this guy is really banging on honda. how about the camry's foul a/c odor? how about the lancers ridiculous suspension problems?
    First, because the Camry's aircon problems and the Lancer's suspension niggles aren't nearly as life-threatening as a Honda undergoing spontaneous combustion. Oh, and that's not to mention the memorable tsikot thread on the Civic's 'bird poo' paint finish, which the dealer blames on 'owner negligence'.

Second, because neither Toyota nor Mitsubishi is claiming prestige, or too much of it to declare their sedans and subcompacts as off-limits to commuter applications. It's not outright bashing as much as putting things in perspective, for those who think their car is above any automotive flaw on earth just because it's a Honda.

I'm a Mitsu fan myself, but they're also far from perfect; Mitsubishi nearly disappeared in Japan because of issues regarding their quality control (killer FUSO trucks, anyone? Yikes). They've publicly acknowledged their shortcomings, which is more than I can say for Honda so far.

There are Honda vehicles that I do appreciate though, such as the Civic DX hatchback (simply timeless design), the Civic EK, the Gen1 CR-V and the Accord. And of course, there's the ingenuity of VTEC.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 12th, 2008 at 06:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    First, because the Camry's aircon problems and the Lancer's suspension niggles aren't nearly as life-threatening as a Honda undergoing spontaneous combustion. Oh, and that's not to mention the memorable tsikot thread on the Civic's 'bird poo' paint finish, which the dealer insists was caused by owner negligence.

Second, because neither Toyota nor Mitsubishi is claiming prestige, or too much of it to declare their sedans and subcompacts as off-limits to commuter applications. It's not outright bashing as much as putting things in perspective, for those who think their car is above any automotive flaw on earth just because it's a Honda.

I'm a Mitsu fan myself, but I'm also aware that Mitsubishi nearly disappeared in Japan because of issues regarding their quality control (killer FUSO trucks, anyone? Yikes). They've publicly acknowledged their shortcomings, which is more than I can say for Honda so far.

There are Honda vehicles that I do appreciate though, such as the Civic DX hatchback, the Gen2 CR-V and the Accord.
    then its as simple as not commenting because people are honda enthusiast... mitsu has a lot of list when it comes defects too but i dont bang on the them especially if i know their also enthusiast of their brand.

o ya, about the exploding civic, remember the exploding ferrari? so does it mean ferrari is less of a quality than non-exploding cars? doubt it. ill take a ferrari anyday over the evo x or what ever japanese car that might be.

honda's prestige image is only a marketing strategy and i must say, its working well for them. what does mitsu pinas have?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    o ya, about the exploding civic, remember the exploding ferrari? so does it mean ferrari is less of a quality than non-exploding cars? doubt it. ill take a ferrari anyday over the evo x or what ever japanese car that might be.
    It's not just exploding Ferraris. There's also the MB A-Class, which infamously failed the Elk Test on its first release. Point is, even the world's most established automakers are prone to committing design boo-boos occasionally. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it's something that the most stubborn fanboys/enthusiasts tend to overlook when bragging about their car's supposed prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789
    honda's prestige image is only a marketing strategy and i must say, its working well for them. what does mitsu pinas have?
    You said it yourself; it's only a marketing strategy, yet more than a handful of enthusiasts readily take it as gospel truth hook, line and sinker. It's working well for the automaker indeed, but guess who's ultimately left to deal with the depreciation...

And while MMPC does not have the same 'prestige' that HCPI flaunts, their tenacity has enabled them to stay relatively afloat through their light commercial vehicle sales.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 12th, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marcons View Post
    well, kahit ano pang reklamo nyo sa honda, honda pa rin yan... it's a reality that many Filipinos appreciate honda and the reasons are: http://www.honda.net.my/about/achievements.cfm

:clap1:

truth hurts... BOW!

btw, we're not talking about car services here, we're talking about the "CAR". you can have your car fixed at different car shops naman eh, not just in the casa.:banana2:
    i don't like to imitate the original mini-cooper and i'm not a fan of ninja turtles kasi.

If you only consider the "CAR" and did not do research on the company that made it or its customer service reputation then i think its one big mistake

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It's not just exploding Ferraris. There's also the MB A-Class, which infamously failed the Elk Test on its first release. Point is, even the world's most established automakers are prone to committing design boo-boos occasionally. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it's something that the most stubborn fanboys/enthusiasts tend to overlook when bragging about their car's supposed prestige.
    well, mitsu fans also over look the point of the flaws of its brand, right? if i were to ask you... what would you prefer? toyota or mitsu, im sure your going to over look the fact that mitsu has suspension issues and still go for mitsu. same thing for honda car fans, we look at the positive side of the brand because we like the brand as a whole.

You said it yourself; it's only a marketing strategy, yet more than a handful of enthusiasts readily take it as gospel truth hook, line and sinker. It's working well for the automaker indeed, but guess who's ultimately left to deal with the depreciation...

And while MMPC does not have the same 'prestige' that HCPI flaunts, their tenacity has enabled them to stay relatively afloat through their light commercial vehicle sales.
    yap marketing wants to create the impression and its working well for them. kaya nga talo pa rin lancer sa civic of the previous models kahit pwede gawin taxi lancer.

what tenacity? where? how? they are loosing the market against toyota and honda.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    well, mitsu fans also over look the point of the flaws of its brand, right? if i were to ask you... what would you prefer? toyota or mitsu, im sure your going to over look the fact that mitsu has suspension issues and still go for mitsu. same thing for honda car fans, we look at the positive side of the brand because we like the brand as a whole.
    Automotive forums like these exist not just to praise cars to high heavens, but also to critique them, so that carmakers know what improvements to make with their succeeding generations of vehicles. If, as you say, you have a long list of defects plaguing Mitsubishi, then why don't you make a thread about it, speak up and make yourself heard? Your inputs might result in a better product over time.

Besides, this isn't the Honda forums or the Mitsubishi forums. This is tsikot.com -- where every vehicle ever made is fair game. I know for a fact that members of the Mitsubishi Adventure Club sometimes discuss certain problems with their vehicles, and the possible solutions to address them. I'm sure it's the same way with other groups like Grupo Toyota and Protege Tech. Don't tell me that doesn't happen among Honda owners, too.

yap marketing wants to create the impression and its working well for them
    Only for them. There's a palpable snobbishness that comes with that impression, and it's not just turning off owners of other cars, it has turned off some Honda owners as well. The guiding philosphy of Honda might as well be, "Our vehicles can do absolutely no wrong", so much so that when a Honda owner does approach a dealership over a legitimate issue, he/she would probably be treated like a leper.

Honda owner: Hi, um, I'd like to bring your attention to my Civic's steering. It's not as responsive as it was when I brought it out of the showroom yesterday. Maybe you could check the steering pump...?

Casa agent: I'm sorry sir, but that does not compute. Our methods of engineering have been perfected to the point that the only possible cause of vehicle failure would be owner negligence.

Honda owner: .......??

what tenacity? where? how? they are loosing the market against toyota and honda.
    Tenacious not necessarily in terms of competitiveness, but in survival; if it weren't for light commercial vehicles sustaining it in its lean years, MMPC might have folded up long ago.

Bottom line is, when recommending a particular car, it helps immensely if you can give a substantially more intelligent answer than just blurting out, "Because it's a Honda". Man, a six-year old kid can do better than that.

Otherwise, I could give the same answer when asked why the HR-V and the Pilot flopped in the local market: "Because they're Hondas". :bwahaha:

Consider that a Honda....

- Uses gasoline
    - Needs a driver to run
    - Has a steering wheel, gauges, airconditioning, a sound system
    - Requires regular maintenance
    - Needs to change its tires periodically
    - Gets wet when it rains

...hmm, pretty much like any other car on the road. So, again, what's - so - special - about one?

Oh, I know: it must be that big, shiny 'H' logo.

But wait a minute, Hyundai has an equally big, shiny 'H' logo too. Ooops.....
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 13th, 2008 at 12:50 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Automotive forums like these exist not just to praise cars to high heavens, but also to critique them, so that carmakers know what improvements to make with their succeeding generations of vehicles. If, as you say, you have a long list of defects plaguing Mitsubishi, then why don't you make a thread about it, speak up and make yourself heard? Your inputs might result in a better product over time.

Besides, this isn't the Honda forums or the Mitsubishi forums. This is tsikot.com -- where every vehicle ever made is fair game. I know for a fact that members of the Mitsubishi Adventure Club sometimes discuss certain problems with their vehicles, and the possible solutions to address them. I'm sure it's the same way with other groups like Grupo Toyota and Protege Tech. Don't tell me that doesn't happen among Honda owners, too.
    i know that this is an open forum but when people start to bash on car makers, thats not giving your opinion. thats more of "get out of that brand". even if im a honda fan, i still give the opinion if the comparison is really far and the other brand is more viable than the honda.

Only for them. There's a palpable snobbishness that comes with that impression, and it's not just turning off owners of other cars, it has turned off some Honda owners as well. The guiding philosphy of Honda might as well be, "Our vehicles can do absolutely no wrong", so much so that when a Honda owner does approach a dealership over a legitimate issue, he/she would probably be treated like a leper.

Honda owner: Hi, um, I'd like to bring your attention to my Civic's steering. It's not as responsive as it was when I brought it out of the showroom yesterday. Maybe you could check the steering pump...?

Casa agent: I'm sorry sir, but that does not compute. Our methods of engineering have been perfected to the point that the only possible cause of vehicle failure would be owner negligence.

Honda owner: .......??
    how about mitsu's reputation? diminished because of the bad rep? so whats better? a bit lower market share because of marketing or lower market share due to unreliable brand? so your saying that mitsu has always have the answer for your car trouble? :bwahaha: com'on!

the suspension issues, did they give the proper treatment because of warranty? or did they gave a lame excuse like the example you gave and send you on your way?

Tenacious not necessarily in terms of competitiveness, but in survival; if it weren't for light commercial vehicles sustaining it in its lean years, MMPC might have folded up long ago.

Bottom line is, when recommending a particular car, it helps immensely if you can give a substantially more intelligent answer than just blurting out, "Because it's a Honda". Man, a six-year old kid can do better than that.

Otherwise, I could give the same answer when asked why the HR-V and the Pilot flopped in the local market: "Because they're Hondas".

Consider that a Honda....

- Uses gasoline
    - Needs a driver to run
    - Has a steering wheel, gauges, airconditioning, a sound system
    - Requires regular maintenance
    - Needs to change its tires periodically
    - Gets wet when it rains

...hmm, pretty much like any other car on the road. So, again, what's - so - special - about one?

Oh, I know: it must be that big, shiny 'H' logo.

But wait a minute, Hyundai has an equally big, shiny 'H' logo too. Ooops.....

pretty much every car on the road is right but the brand saying it all and gives the difference. if honda has a few defects and the marketing strategy did work, isnt that good advise especially if the one giving the comment had or have a lot of experience on that brand/model?

o ya if anyone did want to compare the hr-v to other better models from other brands, they definitely ill give my opinion that the other brand is better.

bottom line is honda brand enthusiasts are also somewhat subjective on their choice, same as other brand loyalist and/or enthusiast.

layo na topic natin... ill end it here.

sorry...

for the thread, ill still get the swift over the jazz and vios. sarap drive talaga ng swift. the only drawback is the weak alternator. but if your not into sounds/electronic setups then panalo!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    to sum it all, "no car is perfect"... :bounceD:

marami kasi diyan, nagrereact sa comment ko, i didn't ask any reaction from you, i replied here just to help nicci. where in fact, i only recommended honda(KASI, KASALI YUN SA THREAD TITLE. NAGPATULONG KASI ANG THREAD STARTER, EH) and i didn't mention any negative feedbacks on the other brands on my first reply.

:fyi:, i only appreciated/recommended honda because it was based on my experiences, commercial reviews and awards. why won't you guys reply like appreciating toyota and suzuki? why won't you just suggest the car that you'll recommend to nicci? ang iba kasi diyan ang taas ng pride at hindi matanggap na may mas lamang sa kanila. :cheers:

chillax people! :car:
    Last edited by marcons; November 13th, 2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    isang tagay sayo .. kahit naka toyota ako...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
HELP! suzuki swift, honda jazz or toyota vios?