New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir ano po mas ok sa dalawa? Usually po kasi yung mga comparo dito ng Fort at MS yung 3.2 DiD pati yung 3.0 D4D eh. Kamusta naman po tong dalawang low-end versions? Ano po ba mas ok? Primary consideration po yung engine performance pati ride comfort. Tas siguro FC narin (pero I assume halos pareho lang).

Yung Fort kasi 102 HP lang tapos 260 Nm torque. Yung MS mukhang mas malakas 134 HP tapos 314 Nm torque. Both have the max hp at around 3500 rpm and torque at around 2000 rpm. Pero madami po ako nabasa kahit mababa specs ng Fort on paper ok naman daw. Pero how does it compare to the MS?

Thanks guys. :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Both has its each pros and cons. But for me, i`d get the MS.

Montero Sport

Pros:
    > this has a better interior design than the fortuner
    > this has a well, much more reliable diesel engine than of the fortuner
    > has a better riding comfort
    > slower in acceleration but faster in terms of top speed

Cons:
    > engine sound is loud
    > has well, problems too

Fortuner

Pros:
    > better overall exterior design
    > cheaper maintenance
    > faster in acceleration

Cons:
    > harsh ride
    > the interior is soo beige-ish

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    slower in acceleration but faster in terms of top speed
    Even the 2.5L versions of both SUVs? I've read this comment alot regarding the 3-liter versions and it sounds plausible since the MS is heavier giving it a disadvantage at standing starts, but not having a speed limiter (unlike the Fortuner which has the standard IMV limit of 180 kph) gives it a higher top speed.

For the lower displacements, however, doesn't the additional power and torque give the MS a performance advantage over the Fort in rektahan and arangkada? :D

has a better riding comfort
    About this, they recently launched a 'new' Fortuner, which primarily boasts of improved suspension (obviously a response to the MS). Doesn't this level the playing field when it comes to ride quality?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Price difference? Php1,468,000.00 vs Php1,345.00.00. A difference of more than 100K makes the monty more easy choose over the Fort. You can get the 2.5 4X4 m/t with that price.

The Fort has been here for more than 3 years, next christmas and you're old.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There's now an M/T Fort for P1.349M.

But it's not there on the website.......

Modified Montys are really catching my eyes these days, especially with subtle bodykits.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    There's now an M/T Fort for P1.349M.

But it's not there on the website.......

Modified Montys are really catching my eyes these days, especially with subtle bodykits.
    That thing won't save the Fortuner against the Montero Sport cause its likely that MMPC will release a 4X2 M/T GLS variant pretty soon.. That would be way cheaper than the overrated Fortuner...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Jut703, I suggest do a search and you'll read alot of opinions from different people, owners and non-owners. Just try to avoid the fanboy comments and focus more on what matters to YOU.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    A test drive will surely tell you everything that we can never put into words. You can try borrowing a friend's unit, pero surely don't just look at the spec sheet, most of the time they don't tell you anything.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    A test drive will surely tell you everything that we can never put into words. You can try borrowing a friend's unit, pero surely don't just look at the spec sheet, most of the time they don't tell you anything.

I for one is very satisfied Toyota Fortuner 4x2 d4d owner. On it's 3 1/2 years, it serves us well and I don't feel underpower. Responsive as what I can say... Manner of driving skills matters.

Whether your a previous Fort or facelifted owner. Fort's exterior looks brusko and pogi dalin.

So much for that, I will also advice you to test drive both. It will now depend on your personal preference. Both SUV has a good competitive edge and likewise weaknesses. The choice is yours..

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    My basic personal opinion:

Montero:
    Newer ( Fort just underwent faclift)
    Exterior is more masculine (for me)
    Price is cheaper

Fortuner:
    Its been released 3 or 4 years ago
    Very bumpy ride ( I don't know with the facelifted version)
    D4D engines have been tested for years and has been satisfying many customers

My personal choice will be the MS since it is newer. Owning a fort as well is like owning a civic and vios nowadays. There's too much of it in the road as if its a generic car. Although the fort is still proven as a very respectable car.

Your call...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Fortuner 2.5G vs Montero Sport GLS 4x2