New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tercyu View Post
    D4D engines have been tested for years and has been satisfying many customers
    You sure about this? Well, some might be satisfied but some aren't. Just look at the D4D problems thread ( the title might be similar )

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    You sure about this? Well, some might be satisfied but some aren't. Just look at the D4D problems thread ( the title might be similar )
    this is just a fraction of people who are dissatisfied. That doesn't mean d4d engine have the same symptomatic problem. I feel so sorry for those who encountered d4d problem but, to begin with there is no perfect engine. Somehow, somewhere it will have glitches in the future. Thus, thousands of Fort and Innova owners fitted d4d engine are satisfied, if not very satisfied.

Look into the streets and you will know what predominantly seen SUV's and MPV's on the road. As a d4d fort owner, I have not encountered this and even my relatives who owns 2 d4d forts and 2 innova. It is a good investment and a reliable means of transportation to us.

Modesty aside, kwento ni mang juan, doesn't always apply to mang pedro, it will not always stand true and reliable. Though, it doesn't hurt to be cautious, right? We should not always believe in what we read unless you have seen it by your own very own eyes but, having a heads up on what might happen is very useful tool and information in the future. That is if the need ever arises..

We are here in Tsikot to educate, send the right message across and, help people and not scared them with stories which is so, so late 2005.

just my 2 cents worth..thank you

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    As of 2009, meron pa rin D-4D victims so it's not a 2005 issue.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    As of 2009, meron pa rin D-4D victims so it's not a 2005 issue.

oh i see, thank you for informing me on that * horsepower. But it is still a small portion of d4d problem which still negates to the much, much bigger percentage of satisfied d4d owners.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Indeed it's a small percentage but those people spent a lot of money, some of whom their life's savings. The least Toyota could do is fix their vehicles for free.

Here's the weird part. Both Toyota and Mitsubishi use Denso Common-rail. So far, wala pa naman ako narinig na problem sa DiD (Pajero BK, Shogun, Strada Triton and now, MS).

Toyota should learn from Mitsubishi kung ano ang ginawa nilang seemingly working improvement sa Denso reference design. Only time will tell kung magloloko din ang DiD pero so far, wala pa.

On the other hand, Ford (Everest, Ranger) and Hyundai KIA both use Bosch systems.
    Last edited by Horsepower; September 11th, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    montero is faster than the 2.5L of toyota. the interior of the fort has been upgraded with leather seats, climate control. bluetooth radio, radio control on the steering wheel kaya mas luxurious na than the older model. maganda rin interior ng MS its sportier with out the fake wood dash and door trims. kung SPORTy type mo mag montero SPORT ka.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the input guys. Mukha ngang more than meets the eye talaga yung D4D ng Toyota. I've got this friend with a 2.5G Fort kaso I don't know anyone who has a GLS 4x2 na Monty so I won't be able to compare.

The interior of the monty, sans the ugly aircon knobs as compared to the pretty auto climate control of the fort, actually looks more appealing to me. :D

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sabi ng isang nag comment dito na small percentage lang daw ang nagkakapoblem sa d4d engine, PANU kung ikaw ang makakuha ng small percent. anu mararamdaman mo? diba sakit sa ulo. so far wlang poblema ang did na injector or replace all fuel system or baba ang tanke, or naku boss may halong tubig diesel mo, or sira yun EGR mo, boss balik kana lang ulit for observation.

eh mas matagal pa sa casa yun sasakayan mo kesa sa KALsada.

mahirap sumugal lalo na kung meron ng proof na sirain tlga.

kaw ba gusto mo yun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marktriton View Post
    sabi ng isang nag comment dito na small percentage lang daw ang nagkakapoblem sa d4d engine, PANU kung ikaw ang makakuha ng small percent. anu mararamdaman mo? diba sakit sa ulo. so far wlang poblema ang did na injector or replace all fuel system or baba ang tanke, or naku boss may halong tubig diesel mo, or sira yun EGR mo, boss balik kana lang ulit for observation.

eh mas matagal pa sa casa yun sasakayan mo kesa sa KALsada.

mahirap sumugal lalo na kung meron ng proof na sirain tlga.

kaw ba gusto mo yun?
    PAG UN ANG NAKUHA MO MALAS TALAGA!
    LEMON CARS YAN ANG KINATATAKUTAN KO, MAHIRAP PAG NATAPATAN KA,
    KYA AKO HNDI KUMUHA NG MITSUBISHI DAHIL SA NANGYARI DATI ANG DAMING LEMON CARS NG PAJERO.
    NALAMAN KO PA NA UNG PRESIDENTE NG MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORP. NA SI KATSUHIKO KAWASOE NAKULONG NG 3 YRS DAHIL NILIHIM NYA SA MARKET NA MAY DEFECT UNG MGA VEHICLES NLA
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-trucker.html
    MERON DIN THREAD ANG MONTERO SPORT NA - ISSUES FOR MONTERO SPORT.
    FYI LNG

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Mitsubishi Company today is totally different to the CHRYSLER-Mitsubishi before (when they produced a lot of lemon cars). Best way is do the research, test drive and follow your heart's desire

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Fortuner 2.5G vs Montero Sport GLS 4x2