New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Maraming salamat sa lahat ng nag-input! Lalo dun sa nagbigay ng speedlab website. QuezonAv lang pala!

Basically nga, the issue was 2.0 with mods or 2.5 stock eh. Out na din yung legacy kasi though it's an in-between, after we test drove, mas maganda pa ride ng forester kesa sa kanya. Ergo, forester na.

While the issue is still in doubt, the presence of speedlab can make me at peace with the 2.0 in case I choose that.

Ang tanong na lang, will my mods cost me 200 thou kung pati brakes ay ipa-upgrade? (Since acceleration lang habol ko, parang hindi appropriate ang turbo kit)
    If you want to know more about Fozzies try this site

Subaru Forester Owners Forum

or this

NASIOC

very informative sites and they have some crazy N/A set ups there too so you might wanna check them out

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Beautiful place. I've always wanted to visit my Grand-Aunt's there. Congratulations again, and welcome to tsikot, sir!

Yup. 38k for the turbine assembly, brand new... it made me drool. Hehe... sobrang OT na ito!... here's their site:

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/news/news.htm

PM for any more questions on speed lab, or try contacting Sidney there.
    Niky,

They didn't have one posted on their site and i was wondering how the setup looked like.. Is it on a rex they installed the snail or is it just a one off kit they made?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *PUP2

BTW, Read this sticky from NASIOC very informative indeed

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It was on a shelf. Not really much to look at... almost the same as the regular Garrett beside it... but when I saw the GT28RS label, I stopped in my tracks... mukhang familiar, ah...

Sid told me to try spinning it... compared to a regular turbine, it feels like it's free-wheeling.

It's bolt on, I suppose... but I don't know if it's application specific or a universal fitting (I'm no turbo expert.)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It was on a shelf. Not really much to look at... almost the same as the regular Garrett beside it... but when I saw the GT28RS label, I stopped in my tracks... mukhang familiar, ah...

Sid told me to try spinning it... compared to a regular turbine, it feels like it's free-wheeling.

It's bolt on, I suppose... but I don't know if it's application specific or a universal fitting (I'm no turbo expert.)
    Hmmm...It's a Ball Bearing snail that's why it spins alot faster than a thrust bearing unit..

Those wanting to use the Garrett GT series need to at least get a rotated turbo set up because it will not bolt on directly to the Exhaust Manifold..or they can get a hybrid type turbo housing that will fit directly to Subies..

This is why most Daily Driven Subies that i've seen pump out 300+ WHP use the Mitsu series turbochargers (16g, 18g, 20g) or the IHI series units rather than getting the more expensive rotated turbo setup (GT30, GT32, GT35, GT37 R's)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    id rather get the 2.5XT now than getting the 2.0 and modding it until it reaches 2.5XT performance level. madaming sakit sa ulo if it all goes wrong. easy on the gas pedal na lang so that gas consumption wouldnt be far from the 2.0L variant. there are a lot of differences from the 2.5XT to the 2.0 base model like the wheels... for example 16s for the 2.0 and 17s for the XT, hood scoop etc

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wow, thanks for the websites HybrideEVo. Sobrang haba nga ng listahan ng mods for N/A Subbies!

No, I'm not planning on modding it to XT performance. Just MT acceleration. Yung other smallish extras naman, I can really do without them (saan ko naman bubuksan yung sunroof dito sa Pinas eh lahat ng puntahan ko mausok!).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... just got back from a Subaru test-drive today. I can safely say this:

You're never going to need as much power as you get in the 2.5XT. :hysterical: They didn't have a 2.0 for comparison... sayang. But if it's anything like 2.0 CUVs (like the CRV and X-Trail), it'll be adequate for city use (where the torque of the boxer should help).

The 2.5XT is very muscular... lots of immediate response, despite the AT, and lots of midrange gusto. Was surprised that there wasn't more power at higher revs and speeds (it probably toasts my car to 100 km/h, but it feels exactly the same in the climb to 160), but I guess the extra weight and 4x4 systems have something to do with that... still, I don't think I'll ever look at an Accord or Camry V6 in quite the same way again.

It would be a very easy car to drive, but you're never going to use more than half-throttle, realistically, as a twitch of your foot equals half-throttle in an N/A 2.0.

Great SUV alternative at the price. Nice, airy interior. Great handling, brakes, and ride comfort (terrific rebound control). And oh, I wish all cars came with a sunroof as bombastic as on that 2.5 (it's so long that you can't open the glass all the way... it hits the edge of the roof when it's 2/3rds open!).

Frameless windows are a nice touch... but they detract a bit from the solid sound of the doors when you close them (not quite as thwump-tacularly solid as the Focus, but a match for most Japanese executive cars).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I'm almost certain I'll be buying the 2.0 variant very soon. It's a departure from my previous position. For starters, I realize the 2.5's cost is quite a substantial bump from the base 2.0. You could use the 400K difference for more important things. Besides, you can always add performance mods in the future when your situation calls for it. But I guess the 2.0 will be satisfactory to meet the demands of everyday driving in the city.

Furthermore, the 2007 models of the 2.0 have now been upgraded. The head unit is now a 6 CD in-dash affair; foglamps are now standard; seats are in black fabric and water repellant; and speakers come in 6.1 mode with tweeters and a subwoofer. My guess is fuel economy will be better too. With gas prices creeping to the 40s, every bit of wise spending habits will do us a lot of good in the long run.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Final na! Tapos na papers! Kukunin ko na lang in 7-10 days!

Guess what? 2.5 din kinuha ko!

At the last minute kasi, tinanong ko driver namin (who did the test drive of the 2.5 with me) kung ano sa mga recent na na-drive niya ang pinakamabagal: Accord 2.0 AT, Civic 1.6 MT, City 1.5 CVT, at Starex 2.5 TDi. Sabi niya pinakamabagal daw yung acceleration ng Accord 2.0 AT. Eh kaso hindi ako sanay sa masyadong mabagal mag-accelerate. At hindi naman ako city driver. Kaya yung 2.5XT ang choice ko.

Malaki man yung diperensya sa presyo, gamundo din ang difference sa acceleration at baka maaksidente lang ako dun sa 2.0 pag nainip ako kaya pikit-matang 2.5 na lang dahil I usually drive safer and slower the faster my car runs!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Forester 2.0 or 2.5XT?