The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Get the 2.5 XT and keep it stock.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    But the thing is... why accept the fuel consumption penalty of having an AWD rally-car...errrh... truck, if you don't have the grunt to compensate for it?
    Gusto ko lang makapunta yung car ko kahit sa mga lugar/beaches na hindi 'sikat' pero nasa Luzon. I don't want to take too long going there but I'm not going 100 on rough road!

I'm kinda delaying my decision to see how luwag my budget could be pero right now, I'm kinda leaning for the 2.0 for the simple reason na pag nabagalan ako, I could still throw a couple of hundred grand at the problem.

Pero kung nakuha ko na yung 2.5, wala na akong control dun sa naforfeit ko na 500 at pati na din sa cost ng gas.

Kahit kasi may budget, it's the hard-earned kind. Not the kind na nahihingi o nakukuha lang from political capital -- kaya sa 2.0 muna siguro ako unless magkamilagro ang revenues ko in the next couple of weeks.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Obviously, you can't go wrong if you get either of both (2.0 or 2.5).

Pero if you are still concerned with FC yet still want a Japan-made Subaru that is still 100% Symmetrical AWD, yung suggestion ko ay bumili ka nalang ng Legacy.

Legacy Sedan or Legacy Station Wagon or Legacy Outback, ikaw bahala pumili. On features alone, you won't miss out on any as these vehicles are still packed with it and performance goes hand-in-hand with a lighter body (compared to Forester)

That is if you can't afford the Subie Forester but still need a Subie, the Legacy series is your best bet.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... if budget really is a problem, then the 2.0 is it, then.

Hey, with another 200 grand in a year or so, you can throw together a turbo kit (with new parts, at that...)... You can probably safely take it to 200 or 250 hp...

*Fozzy: Puerto? Cool! Perfect place to bring a Subbie.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sorry Double post!
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; May 26th, 2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: edited*

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sorry OT..

(Speedlab has the new Garrett GT28RS! It spins like it weighs nothing!
    * niky: Hmmm... A GT28RS? This i gotta see.. what's their website? or do they have one?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... if budget really is a problem, then the 2.0 is it, then.

Hey, with another 200 grand in a year or so, you can throw together a turbo kit (with new parts, at that...)... You can probably safely take it to 200 or 250 hp...

*Fozzy: Puerto? Cool! Perfect place to bring a Subbie.
    Thank you....yes Puerto is a cool place. I'll be back there next week hoping to get out and get muddy!
    .....Any body want to buy a used Pajero 2.5 3 door. surplus to requirements now .

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Beautiful place. I've always wanted to visit my Grand-Aunt's there. Congratulations again, and welcome to tsikot, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    Sorry OT..

* niky: Hmmm... A GT28RS? This i gotta see.. what's their website? or do they have one?
    Yup. 38k for the turbine assembly, brand new... it made me drool. Hehe... sobrang OT na ito!... here's their site:

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/news/news.htm

PM for any more questions on speed lab, or try contacting Sidney there.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Maraming salamat sa lahat ng nag-input! Lalo dun sa nagbigay ng speedlab website. QuezonAv lang pala!

Basically nga, the issue was 2.0 with mods or 2.5 stock eh. Out na din yung legacy kasi though it's an in-between, after we test drove, mas maganda pa ride ng forester kesa sa kanya. Ergo, forester na.

While the issue is still in doubt, the presence of speedlab can make me at peace with the 2.0 in case I choose that.

Ang tanong na lang, will my mods cost me 200 thou kung pati brakes ay ipa-upgrade? (Since acceleration lang habol ko, parang hindi appropriate ang turbo kit)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Medyo mahal ang brake upsize. BUT: if you're not going to take the vehicle to trackdays, even just buying good pads (Bendix Metal kings) or performance pads (EBC Green Stuff) is more than enough for your car. Actually, with EBCs, even if you do go to trackdays, they'll be enough.

You can do simple mods like intake, headers, exhaust (your typical IHE), chip, etcetera for some extra response. It won't gain you much... maybe 15 hp if you keep it quiet (no ricey muffler), 15-20 if not (with a ricey muffler like mine ), but it's enough for some extra in-traffic kick. All-in-all, 50k might suffice for the IHE (all original or mandrel bent stuff) and 6k for performance brake pads pads. That's probably all the power you'll need for urban use, and more brake than you'll ever use.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Forester 2.0 or 2.5XT?