New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Sir, noob question lang po. For the owners of the 102 PS Fortuners out there, paano po nasasabi nang iba (based what I've read from the other thread) na underpower yung Fort? Nararamdaman po ba talaga na underpower yun o dahil lang sa yung ibang competitors nya eh mas mataas yung given power?

Hindi pa po kasi ako nakaka-Drive nang ibang SUV (MS, TB, SF, etc.) so hindi ko po nacocompare. TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Sir, noob question lang po. For the owners of the 102 PS Fortuners out there, paano po nasasabi nang iba (based what I've read from the other thread) na underpower yung Fort? Nararamdaman po ba talaga na underpower yun o dahil lang sa yung ibang competitors nya eh mas mataas yung given power?

Hindi pa po kasi ako nakaka-Drive nang ibang SUV (MS, TB, SF, etc.) so hindi ko po nacocompare. TIA
    The fortuner has good stop and go speed. Even on highways, it can reach 120-140kph & overtake with no problems.
    Mararamdaman mo lang na underpowered sya if steep slopes like basement parking. Kelangan pa mag-bwelo. Kung walang bwelo, minsan hindi nya kaya akyatin and it'll roll back. Happened to me sa 1 basement parking kahit ako lang magisa nakasakay. But the usual parking ng malls, no problems naman. Mabigat din hatak when really fully-loaded though kaya pa rin umakyat ng baguio.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For me, the Fortuner 2.5 non-VNT has very poor flat-out acceleration. You really won't be pushed back to your seat even if you floor it. Acceleration from 60-100 (important for provincial highway overtaking) is also so-so, so you have to plan your overtaking well.

However, for most people, none of that matters because they don't drive that quickly. For normal city driving, the non-VNT Fortuner has lots of torque so even when fully loaded it doesn't feel too burdened. Getting up to 100-120 kph also isn't a problem as long as you only drive like the typical Filipino.

And that's the thing, the typical Filipino doesn't give a crap that the Fortuner has a barely adequate engine because it's still adequate for them.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post

Like sir JJB said, coming from a standstill on a very steep incline, hirap na hirap sya. Though pag may bwelo kayang kaya naman kahit fully loaded pa yan, mabagal lang minsan.

When the Fortuner first came out, it actually has decent power considering what other manufacturers sell at that time (Crosswind, Adventure, 1st Gen Everest, Alterra). If you wanted more power, you have to go for the 3.0 engine or go for the more expensive ones(prado/pajero). It was not until Montero came out when people felt the difference in power and the flaws of the Fortuner started to show.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haven't driven the Fortuner personally, though we have quite a few friends who own one. One rather lead-footed friend has a 2nd gen Fort 2.5M/T. I noticed that he'd often shift at 3000rpm to keep up the pace our old Trooper usually does at just around 2000rpm. Another friend with a 2nd gen Fort 2.5A/T on the other hand, finds his Fortuner's engine performance to be very satisfactory. Though do take note that he is a very slow driver who often preaches about enjoying the drive rather than arriving at the destination a few minutes earlier. His Fort has now clocked over 80tkms and still runs like brand new, with no issues whatsoever. From what I can observe, the Fortuner has lots of low end torque, as is common with many Toyota engines. With it's peak torque (though only 260Nm) available at just 1600rpm, this allows it peal away at stoplight duels but rapid acceleration quickly wears off as the speed climbs up, unlike the Montero (whether VGT or non-VGT) which is lifeless below 2000rpm no matter how much you floor the accelerator, but as the turbo properly kicks in it just goes and goes and goes and goes...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Wow. Thanks for the very informative inputs sir. So I guess the old Fort had a decent or adequate power when driving highways and you will just feel it was underpowered is when you drive it in steep slope.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Another questions sir, *TS, sorry kung mejo OT.

Is the engine equipped with VNT compare to non-VNT/VGT, makes the engine to consume better FC or worst? TIA

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    gas ang fortunner namin... yes medyo underpowered siya but compared to those day(1st gen fort) as against trooper(we own) and field master - malakas na siya and fast on sprints and straight road(using petrol not diesel) sa akyatan di namin siya masyado na gamit and nalaspag- why- cause the fortunner was and currently is a burden to drive- sasakit likod mo daig pa siya ng fieldmaster when it comes to suspension.
    but the fortunner was the daddy of all mid size s.e. suv(akala ko nga dati kapalit ng forruner ito- and that was a famous vehicle that prompted mitsu to build the 1stgen monty)

kaya when the monty came out, a big leap they really targeted the suspension of the fort.

to vehicle haters, either isa lang ang kaya niyong bilhin auto or wala talaga kayong pambili, dont get me wrong i love em all- imagine the times when vehicles cost a fortune and you still need to import them yourself(old pajero, old safari, tapos rhd pa, kaya pati mga trucks dati rhd)

to each his own.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Another note lang regarding my 2009 Santa Fe 4x2 AT .. Getting constant 10km per liter sa byahe ko from Project 8 to Alabang with moderate lunch time traffic papasok and light traffic sa gabi. Around 75kms back and forth. Compare this to sa Honda Jazz 1.3S Manual ko na nakaka 11km per liter na naka 16s na Mags, same route at same time of travel. Kaya I chose yung SF na lang as my daily driver dahil di nag kaka layo sa FC.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    How much is typical PMS cost and how often? Thanks for sharing bro.
    1500kms. Palang natatakbo sir eh.. I dont know pa..

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast