New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    2010 fort 2.5 d4d non vnt. Can do 10-14 km/ltr. Speed maxes out at 150-160kph. Power was not much an issue for me until we got a vgt korean mini van. Changed air filter to hurricane. Clocked 90k kms already. Never experienced any d4d problem nor have i changed any underchassis parts. Replaced two tires at 70k kms and my battery (3rd time) the other month. Oil changes-diy every 5-6k kms. Concerns are medyo bouncy ride and some sort of leak at a hose going/coming from its turbo charger.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I could be wrong... it could be less.

But seriously... who's going to buy a V6 Montero Sport? With the soft suspension and very slow steering, it's not a sports car... so why would you want all that gas guzzling power? Especially when the 2.5 is already quicker than most people need?
    Sir Niky,

Sa Makati Area, this year mga 4 montero v6 na ang nakita ko, (yung merong mivec sticker sa likod)

Yung isang 2012 or 2013 model, madalas dumaan dito sa amin, 3x a week ko nakikita, yun lang po ang nakita ko na earlier model na V6. wala nang iba.

then 2014, sa ayala ko naman nakita, 2014 model yung black, naka-diplomat plate, then 2 virgil gray. (no plate)

other places in metro manila, wala na akong nakikita na montero v6 sa kalsada na dumadaan.

Possibly, yung mga kumukuha po ng V6 version, mga foreign embassy dito sa pinas, at gamit nila for service.
    then yung isang nakikita ko po dito na 2012 or 2013?! model na dumadaan sa amin, naka-private plate.

yung smoothness ng acceleration + the less cost of maintenance when it comes to gasoline engine.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Sir Niky,

Sa Makati Area, this year mga 4 montero v6 na ang nakita ko, (yung merong mivec sticker sa likod)

Yung isang 2012 or 2013 model, madalas dumaan dito sa amin, 3x a week ko nakikita, yun lang po ang nakita ko na earlier model na V6. wala nang iba.

then 2014, sa ayala ko naman nakita, 2014 model yung black, naka-diplomat plate, then 2 virgil gray. (no plate)

other places in metro manila, wala na akong nakikita na montero v6 sa kalsada na dumadaan.

Possibly, yung mga kumukuha po ng V6 version, mga foreign embassy dito sa pinas, at gamit nila for service.
    then yung isang nakikita ko po dito na 2012 or 2013?! model na dumadaan sa amin, naka-private plate.

yung smoothness ng acceleration + the less cost of maintenance when it comes to gasoline engine.
    I suppose if you need something relatively tough but don't want to deal with diesel maintenance... yes, that would be it.

But still not a practical proposition... though I really do love that engine. I was really bummed when the Outlander V6 was canned... that crossover could handle the power, and it was a superior alternative to the FXT of the time. (interior was plasticky, acceleration was a bit slower, but it handled better, sounded great and was lots of fun).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I could be wrong... it could be less.

But seriously... who's going to buy a V6 Montero Sport? With the soft suspension and very slow steering, it's not a sports car... so why would you want all that gas guzzling power? Especially when the 2.5 is already quicker than most people need?
    But then again, there is a healthy population of Fortuner 2.7VVTi's on the streets. This should mean that there really is a market for this kind of vehicle. Is the MS V6's FC that much worse than the gas Fort's?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Why v6? They can afford gasoline. Front drive is safe in highway? Oh yeah. That's why many of them rolled on the streets. Not to mention the brand. Kindly search na lang po.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    1. Trailblazer 4x2/Sorento 5 seater /Santa Fe/Montero Sport V6 4x2 >>>> Trailblazer 4x4 > Montero Sport >>> everything else.

Of the four, the Sorento and Santa Fe have the potential to hit 100 under 9 seconds... but the new Santa Fe feels slower and heavier.

Good luck finding the five people in the country who actually bought a V6 Montero Sport to test it out.

2. Sorento / Santa Fe > Trailblazer >>>> everything else.

3. Same.

4. Pointless. All of these cars have speed limiters. And drag racing on the streets is illegal, don'cha know.

Front-wheel drive is much, much, much safer at highway speeds than rear wheel drive. Any deflection of the direction of travel due to hydroplaning (over the puddles that form on the fast lane at the SLEX during heavy rains) is easy to control... just have a firm grip on the wheel. In a rear wheel drive car, if you start hydroplaning when the car is under power, the momentary imbalance of torque at the rear axle will cause the rear end to "step out" (ergo - drift)... which you need to counter after the fact with a quick application of countersteer. If you lift off the gas or hit the brakes in panic, it will simply make the slide worse.

I did a 180 turn on ice once in Montana. I hate rwd on ice hahahha.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by frostmourn View Post
    Why v6? They can afford gasoline. Front drive is safe in highway? Oh yeah. That's why many of them rolled on the streets. Not to mention the brand. Kindly search na lang po.
    Search for what?
    http://www.4x4community.com/forum/at...1&d=1388605732
    ImageShack - owl

Not that rolling over has anything to do with whether a car is front-wheel or rear-wheel drive... and everything to do with the vehicle's height and suspension.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    But then again, there is a healthy population of Fortuner 2.7VVTi's on the streets. This should mean that there really is a market for this kind of vehicle. Is the MS V6's FC that much worse than the gas Fort's?

I agree that there is still a market for these vehicles. Some just prefer the quietness of a gasoline engine. I have a good friend who owns one (nka 20" pa yun) but only uses it when he goes on long drives. According to him, its still a guzzler when in manila traffic but a miser on the highway.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boy astig View Post
    I agree that there is still a market for these vehicles. Some just prefer the quietness of a gasoline engine. I have a good friend who owns one (nka 20" pa yun) but only uses it when he goes on long drives. According to him, its still a guzzler when in manila traffic but a miser on the highway.
    There is relative simplicity with regard to NA gas engines vs. the current crop of CRDi/turbocharged diesel lumps. And yes, there is that noise factor. Of course, the trade off would be thirstier engines when driven on short trips/in the city. On the power and torque perspective, it would depend on how big the gas engine is. While the Fortuner's gas engine has less torque than its diesel counterpart, the Montero Sport's MIVEC option is the opposite.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I suppose if you need something relatively tough but don't want to deal with diesel maintenance... yes, that would be it.

But still not a practical proposition... though I really do love that engine. I was really bummed when the Outlander V6 was canned... that crossover could handle the power, and it was a superior alternative to the FXT of the time. (interior was plasticky, acceleration was a bit slower, but it handled better, sounded great and was lots of fun).
    Sir niky,

The reasons kung bakit impractical na gumamit ng larger gasoline engine dito sa NCR or other place in pinas, salamat sa fuel price, then worst traffic specially during rush hour lalo sasabayan pa ng malakas na ulan at baha, dagdag pa yung mga pasaway na driver and road infrastructure na itintatayo ngayon para mabawasan yung traffic (but after the completion of the projects, additional expenses na naman for the toll gate)

If the price of gasoline like 10yrs ago, (18 pesos for diesel and 20 pesos for unleaded) + the road environment (sunday driving experience at everyday mararanasan) most of the vehicle owners will appreciate the gas version and larger engine displacement will be seen on the road today.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Sir GTI,

Kaya mabenta pa rin ang 2.7VVT-i ng fort, smoothness acceleration of the engine quiet engine, less maintenance cost.

Most of the users ng 2.7 ay mga foreign embassy, then yung ibang owner naman (passenger owner), ay gusto lang nila yung quiet and smooth engine, (ayaw ng turbo lag or yung sudden punch ng turbo in diesel version lalo sa 3.0D4D) and hindi complicated ang maintenance, less expense vs diesel maintenance, and it's a 4 cylinder engine.

nakapag drive na rin po ako ng fort na 2.7, (2010 model) when it comes naman po sa acceleration, very smooth sya at hindi ramdam yung punch power, although yung acceleration nila is almost the same, unlike sa 3.0D4D, kung passenger mode, ramdam agad yung torque power..

(even po sa montero namin, quite discomfort na ang ermats ko once na pinalagpas ko sa 2K RPM, so most of the time pag naka-sakay sya, lagi lang ako shift ng gear in 2K RPM para hindi nya ma-feel yung 400NM torque)

Ang issue lang talaga is matagtag yung ride ng fort, kailangan may passengers ma-offset yung tagtag.

When it comes naman po sa FC, guzzler naman ang fort pag dating sa city, much worse ang V6 montero, lalo pag extreme stop and go traffic, kaya hindi rin naging mabenta ang V6 version dahil takot rin ang certain buyer to buy a larger displacement gasoline engine, Pero kung mababa ang fuel price at hindi worst ang traffic, possibly magiging mabenta ang V6.

Right now ang mga vehicle(s) owner, nagiging practical na dahil sa taas ng presyo ng fuel, maintenance, registration, tollgates.

Kaya mas mabenta ngayon ang Diesel Counterpart ng Mid SUV + yung paper specs. ay well improved na and hindi na anemic ang diesel engine, pero naging overkill naman, lalo kung nasa 400NM above na yung torque power, specially sa mga passenger mode na madaling ma-discomfort dahil takot sa bilis (torque power during acceleration lalo kung kailangan mag-overtake in short period of time)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast