1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Trying to decide on the following.

1. Suzuki Ertiga - 1.4L
    2. Toyota Avanza - 1.5L
    3. Nissan Grand Livina - 1.8L
    4. Chevy Spin - 1.3L diesel or 1.5L gas

My initial sentiments:
    1. We have a 1.4L Swift and it's barely quick and nimble. Putting the same engine in the Ertiga (essentially an extended-body Swift) could make for a sluggish vehicle.
    2. I've driven a 2008 Avanza only once and it was a year ago. Can't recall much about the experience.
    3. The Grand Livina seems to be the most powerful of the lot and probably the least fuel-efficient. However, it's cousin, the Nissan Note, is among the top 5 compact MPV in some countries.
    4. The Spin seems to be the only model with a Diesel option. If the overall cost of ownership is low, I'd probably choose this. Unless...

My next step is to test drive each of these cars. Though that could take a while. In the meantime, I would very much appreciate any feedback from current owners.... Any notable problems on the vehicle, warranty, aftersales, parts availability, PMS costs, etc.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Its a toss up for me between the Avanza and the Spin. I would go for the Spin had only their diesel variant have AT.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Try to factor also the maintenance cost. Out of the 4 avanza ang may pinaka maraming parts sa market.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Our Chevy Spin is our opinion a better choice than getting a compact sedan. Since its diesel it has clocked 19km/l combined city and highway. Better ground clearance also. But space is going to be tight for 7 people. Maintenance would be our downside since its fairly new so we have no ideas on the costs as of now.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    Our Chevy Spin is our opinion a better choice than getting a compact sedan. Since its diesel it has clocked 19km/l combined city and highway. Better ground clearance also. But space is going to be tight for 7 people. Maintenance would be our downside since its fairly new so we have no ideas on the costs as of now.

Wow, ang tipid.

Boss, yung 19 km/l is full tank to full tank method or trip meter readings? Ilang per cent yung city drive dyan?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Mostly highway, mga 30% city driving. Havent tried the full tank method yet just based it sa trip computer.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    grand livina suits you perfectly

spin diesel- rather get an entry level toyota innova for that price
    ertiga- as you said, you already know why
    avanza- is so so so, no value for money.

the livina only has a single aircon system but this mpv is quick and nimble and can cruise at 190 kph easily, though i dont see the point why an idiot would do that this is not a race car. other than that get an innova which is not on your list

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I didn't include the Innova as it is technically not in the same class as the others.

But since I started this thread almost a week ago, I am now also considering the Diesel Innova E A/T. It's the cheapest trim that's Diesel with an A/T.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I didn't include the Innova as it is technically not in the same class as the others.

But since I started this thread almost a week ago, I am now also considering the Diesel Innova E A/T. It's the cheapest trim that's Diesel with an A/T.
    despite what they say, innova likenthe montero is a good buy, evidence is the no. of it you see int the street.

guguluhin kita, suzuki gv is cheaper to obtain now than an innova v and g, this is more durable than the monty and cheaper to maintain, since it's durable you wouldnt worry about the parts, just take care of your vehicle and follow the regular pms despite it's eagle high price

innova is somewhat a hybreed of an mpv and a people carrier, ladder frame that shares with the hi lux and fort.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Innova ka na. It's in the market for ten years already. Pretty much every mechanic knows it's strengths and weaknesses, how to fix it and where to get parts for it. Engine power is more than enough for normal family use, whether it be city or highway. Ladder frame chassis means it can take quite a lot of abuse, and it has surprisingly good flood wading capabilities.

Despite having coil springs at the back, I'm not particularly fond of the Innova's ride quality. I actually find the old Revo to be better in this regard.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast