New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    My choice is down to these two units.

Price wise, the Lancer is cheaper by 5,000 only before discount as per auto-search philippines website. Are these animals equal in their own rights? Honestly, I have not done much research to these units because I am considering the fort and monty before. Budgetwise, I don't want to be burdened by high monthly amortization. I am based in Isabela and travel monthly to Pampanga and Manila.

I don't want to rely to CASA for the PMS. I am a car guy and easily understand problem of my ride.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toyota Altis

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kasper View Post
    My choice is down to these two units.

Price wise, the Lancer is cheaper by 5,000 only before discount as per auto-search philippines website. Are these animals equal in their own rights? Honestly, I have not done much research to these units because I am considering the fort and monty before. Budgetwise, I don't want to be burdened by high monthly amortization. I am based in Isabela and travel monthly to Pampanga and Manila.

I don't want to rely to CASA for the PMS. I am a car guy and easily understand problem of my ride.
    If you're a car guy, you should be driving the Lancer. However, I feel that the Lancer being only 5 thousand pesos cheaper than the Altis doesn't make it more logical choice over the Altis which is fresher to the eyes, more modern inside/out (not to mention bigger, too), has bigger trunk and has Toyota cache when it comes to resale.

The only advantage the Lancer offers is the sportier drive due to better suspension set up (multi-link IRS vs torsion beam of the Altis) and the more aggressive styling. The 4AT maybe more to your liking (if your old fashioned like me :P) too versus the new CVT of the Altis 1.6G.

Goodluck with your purchase.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Altis, it's newer.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks Basti. I find the 4at of our Nissan Grand Livina adequate.

It's 2-1 in favor of the Altis. Maybe a test drive is the best way to find out! How about discounts? As I have red, no discount is offered for the Altis. Any feedback from Mitsu?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We use a Lancer 2.0 when we visit relatives in the Bacolod. It is more planted than the Altis if you enjoy driving but after that, i really prefer the fit and finish, space and comfort of the Altis. I also noticed that our Mitsus before had more electrical and suspension niggles when they got older (if i compare our old Galant and Space Wagon with our cars from the same generation).

Altis for me.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Agree on your observation regarding the electrical and suspension of Toyota. I also observed that in our old revo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    But I thought suspension issues are already a thing of the past for Mitsu? Anyway,I was able to address issues with my 2 door gsr before. You only have to give it extra attention.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ I'm not sure about the current model suspensions already. Although i was getting feedback from a tester before on the Fort versus Monty Sport, that the Fort had a more durable suspension (both were not bad, it's just that mas matibay yung sa Fort suspension when abused). As for my Galant before, it was eating balljoints for breakfast; buti nalang mura ang replacement parts.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks vinj. I considered mitsu lancer in my list because the model has been in the market for quite some time already. So reliability wise, it is already tested. Anyway, Toyota model really grow old gracefully. I am even considering the older model.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast