New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    suzuki ertiga the base is only 600k, has good reviews abroad.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Just saw the new city and the interior is very nice. That camera on the vx is a good sales pitch for uninformed buyers. And a paddle shift to boot

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Speaking from experience, choose a hatchback. There will be times when its raining and you have to get something from the back. You can often just reach in to get things. The hatchback door also serves as your umbrella as you arm yourself with all the baby bags and stroller.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I am a young dad, just 28 when my son was born. I'm no mechanic and even though I know alot about cars, its technology and features, i don't know how to repair broken down cars. Heck, i've never even changed a tire alone in my life LOL.

Being in a different setting (country) makes it a different scenario for me and the TS. Dito madali makakuha ng bnew car VS jan na katakot takot na credit history ang kukunin sayo or dapat malaki down mo para makakuha ka ng bnew car. Here as long as you're working as has stable income, kahit BMW pwede ka kumuha.

We got our bnew '12 SUV by the time my wife is 4 months pregnant. We have winter here so out of the question na kagad saken ang second-hand cars na may possibility na magbreakdown habang ginagamit namen, ayoko ng ganung setting.

Our sorento is 7-seater. THough malakas sa gas (12l/100km city driving) okay na rin kasi hindi naman kamahalan gas dito at P44/L sa regular gas. We love the SUV ride height because having a broader view of the road gives a commanding presence. Even sa roadtrip okay na okay dahil hindi mo mararamdaman ang trucks passing by your side doing 120kph kasi malaki sasakyan mo, compared to a tinny compact or subcompact.

Isa pang selling point ng malaking sasakyan is crash rating or safety. its obvious na given all things equal in an accident, mas may chance of survival ang naka SUV compared sa naka subcompact - its a fact of life. Also, we love the big trunk space in the back. Kasya 10 bags of groceries at may space pa for the stroller. You can't beat the big cargo space of an SUV.

So, sa lugar mo i'd say get a second-hand SUV kung hindi afford ang bnew. You said every week may possibility na 5 persons ang sasakay sa car mo so sobrang sikip na nun, and it will hurt your mileage in the long run, and even wear the car more. Hanap ka na lang ng less than 3 years old na Fort or Monty okay ka na. Believe me you'll be relieved when you have more space than what's needed. At least anjan lang yung extra space when you need it, compared to needing an extra space when you have none.

Okay ang sedan as second car, not a first car that will haul a starting family with lots of plus-ones included.
    Last edited by greatauror28; July 12th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    I am a young dad, just 28 when my son was born. I'm no mechanic and even though I know alot about cars, its technology and features, i don't know how to repair broken down cars. Heck, i've never even changed a tire alone in my life LOL.

Being in a different setting (country) makes it a different scenario for me and the TS. Dito madali makakuha ng bnew car VS jan na katakot takot na credit history ang kukunin sayo or dapat malaki down mo para makakuha ka ng bnew car. Here as long as you're working as has stable income, kahit BMW pwede ka kumuha.

We got our bnew '12 SUV by the time my wife is 4 months pregnant. We have winter here so out of the question na kagad saken ang second-hand cars na may possibility na magbreakdown habang ginagamit namen, ayoko ng ganung setting.

Our sorento is 7-seater. THough malakas sa gas (12l/100km city driving) okay na rin kasi hindi naman kamahalan gas dito at P44/L sa regular gas. We love the SUV ride height because having a broader view of the road gives a commanding presence. Even sa roadtrip okay na okay dahil hindi mo mararamdaman ang trucks passing by your side doing 120kph kasi malaki sasakyan mo, compared to a tinny compact or subcompact.

Isa pang selling point ng malaking sasakyan is crash rating or safety. its obvious na given all things equal in an accident, mas may chance of survival ang naka SUV compared sa naka subcompact - its a fact of life. Also, we love the big trunk space in the back. Kasya 10 bags of groceries at may space pa for the stroller. You can't beat the big cargo space of an SUV.

So, sa lugar mo i'd say get a second-hand SUV kung hindi afford ang bnew. You said every week may possibility na 5 persons ang sasakay sa car mo so sobrang sikip na nun, and it will hurt your mileage in the long run, and even wear the car more. Hanap ka na lang ng less than 3 years old na Fort or Monty okay ka na. Believe me you'll be relieved when you have more space than what's needed. At least anjan lang yung extra space when you need it, compared to needing an extra space when you have none.

Okay ang sedan as second car, not a first car that will haul a starting family with lots of plus-ones included.

I have to agree with the 2nd hand SUV route kung kaya ng budget

I was a young father too. Although pinagtyagaan ko yung 2nd B14 ko, to be able to buy a house the following year. Regarding the SUV route, I can attest for the space compared to subcompacts. Last year I bought a diesel fed SUV since I have two toddlers already. The kids love the space the SUV gives. They can even play at the back, when the rear seats are folded. I was actually considering a subcompact then but I realized, it wont be an improvement of my B14 in terms of space.

Not really sure how much are 2nd hand SUV's, but I think it's worth the look.

HTH
    Last edited by boytsiks; July 12th, 2014 at 07:17 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    some 4yr old monty is priced withing 900k - 1M
    same with alterra's depending on the seller

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Young family man myself with 2 todldlers..we had to fit it all of our luggage and kids accessories in the 3rd gen Vios. Although most of our stuff will fit in the space will surely be maximized. I totally agree with other fellow tsikoters...the Vios will suffice for most journeys but getting a 2nd hand SUV is not a bad idea either. Your friend can buy from Toyota Preowned or from referrals.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I WAS a not so young dad once, nagkasya naman kami sa sedan (lancer mx) until i had 2 kids already. May kasama pang yaya at aunty sa kotse yan. And my cousin still uses his 2005 vios and he has 3 kids (ages 17, 13 & 6) naglo-long drive pa since they have been to pagudpud, bicol and aurora in their vios. Kasya yang family ng friend mo sa vios lalo na yung bago ngayon kasi mas maluwang ang leg room sa likod. 5 adults and a baby? Kasya pa din yun lang e kandong na si baby, i would not recommend not having the baby in a proper baby carrier in the car. Iwanan na lang nya yung isang adult, bigyan na lang ng pamasahe hehehe!

Stroller? Depende sa stroller na dala nya. Yun lang nga syempre baka malaki yung stroller nila baka nga hindi kasya sa sedan or hatch. E di bili ng roof luggage box, problem solved! Meron naman alternative roof luggage box na mura lang, lalo na kung 2nd hand mo bibilhin.

2nd hand suv? Pwede pero dapat sigurado siya na hindi binaha. Para na lang siya kumuha ng malaking bato na ipupukpok sa ulo nya kung flooded unit ang malas na makuha nya. For me, unless he is 100% sure of the vehicle, i'd stay away from 2nd hand.

Vios for me. Or lancer.

3rd choice is jazz or accent.

Pwede mazda 3, medyo magastos lang sa gas. Yojin3 free maintenance is great, and as far as my recent experience goes mazda warranty is very very good. I just brought my bt50 for diagnosis last wednesday and they processed everything without any hassle, palit turbocharger. Magkano vgt turbo, 150-200k? Wala man lang kahit konting hirap sa warranty claim ko, i did not even need to go to the casa to file the claim sila na nagprocess.

Since need nila ng automatic then NO to ford ecosport DCT. Mga ford dct owners na din nagsasabi to stay away from those dct models. E dct ang a/t tranny ng ecosport e. Ecosport specs looks nice but the dct is proven to be problematic on earlier ford cars with dct. You would not want your friend to be a guinea pig, do you?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Check namin un preowned sa toyota balintawak. Andami dun pero wala ko idea sa pricing pa. Salamat mga boss. Safe route sila so either city, vios or jazz in order of preference.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Check namin un preowned sa toyota balintawak. Andami dun pero wala ko idea sa pricing pa. Salamat mga boss. Safe route sila so either city, vios or jazz in order of preference.
    i doubt this will be updated kaso try mo na lang rin

https://certified.toyota.com.ph/

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast