New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hindi naman sakit sa ulo ang 2nd hand. 1-2 year old cars, are almost as good as brand new. At 900k pasok na ang 1-2 year old Innova or Carens.

If he's gonna take in at least five people on a regular basis, it would be wiser to get an MPV, especially since may baby pa pala sila. Not to mention rainy season na and flashfloods are very common.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Mas mahal naman maintenance nang Innova or carens vs a City or a Vios. Sa gulong, battery at FC may difference pa rin. For someon with a budget, the lesser expense and maintenance is still best. As long nga na hindi naman bahain area niya or grabe ka-pangit nang roads. If ganun, a 2nd hand innova diesel is best.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i suggest TS try out some test drives..
    sometimes, the pleasantness of feeling in driving one, drives away any questions regarding maintenance..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Not really young anymore (I'm 35 already).

My kids (3 & 1) don't like the subcompacts like Vios because of the very stiff suspension. They have no probs riding a truck though which I borrow from my dad. I like a truck because of utility.

I was outvoted and we got Nissan (Sentra) Sylphy 1.8CVT (998K). The only chance an AT would have decent economy is if it's CVT. Has 5-star crash rating, Global model, Very soft leather seats, leather armrests on center and doors, Xenon projectors, LEDs, the basic stuff.

There's also the 1.6CVT (915-20k discount = 895k ata). Also very good but with smaller tires (16s on Magwheels) and no engine start button. Has Immobilizer, VERY strong freezing aircon, something kids (my kids at least) really like. I'm not sure with 1.6CVT but the 1.8 has rear aircon vents, something you'd only see in Midsize class cars. The intelligent key is very convenient, I never need to take it out of my pocket. As the car can be locked via button on the door handle. Big wave of torque arrives early that's why it's great for take off from naught.

Diesel is also good like a second hand Carnival or Grand Starex but be wary that maintenance might bite quite a chunk.

I originally wanted a brand new Carnival but the new one was just released so I have decided to get that one instead. Hopefully with lower price so they can actually sell.

Good luck to your friends. Having two shouting kids competing for who is the loudest in the rearseat is crazy noisy but I am a very happy man.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the "young dad" term refers to the age of the kids and not to the dad's age.
    dads need only one driver's seat. it is the kids and their accessories, that need all that extra space.
    heh heh.

happy driving.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mas mahal naman maintenance nang Innova or carens vs a City or a Vios. Sa gulong, battery at FC may difference pa rin. For someon with a budget, the lesser expense and maintenance is still best. As long nga na hindi naman bahain area niya or grabe ka-pangit nang roads. If ganun, a 2nd hand innova diesel is best.
    With MPVs, difference in maintenance is much lesser as compared to SUVs. Tires are the same size as a typical compact sedan, if not smaller. More durable internals and suspension components mean things are less likely to break down. 3SM battery once every 2-3 years, only more expensive by a couple grand or so. Being diesel means P10/L off in terms of fuel cost. More or less patas din in most cases, if not better in some.

As mentioned, I'd suggest a family vote. Visit showrooms and let the family pick what they actually want. Let the wife and kids have their say.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    With MPVs, difference in maintenance is much lesser as compared to SUVs. Tires are the same size as a typical compact sedan, if not smaller. More durable internals and suspension components mean things are less likely to break down. 3SM battery once every 2-3 years, only more expensive by a couple grand or so. Being diesel means P10/L off in terms of fuel cost. More or less patas din in most cases, if not better in some.

As mentioned, I'd suggest a family vote. Visit showrooms and let the family pick what they actually want. Let the wife and kids have their say.

'way to go, sir!
    i couldn't say this earlier..
    some people already think i work for toyota..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the input guys. I'll have to double check with them if their area in Cavite is flood prone. Also, I recommend test drives, but I feel that they might get carried away by a sales agent and the excitement of buying a new car, that's why I'm helping them maximize their budget and help them think on an objective manner heheheh! Baka mamaya maalok ng Honda Civic and that's the one they really like.. not a fan of stretched payments more than 3 years. Too much interest IMO. Sayang pera nila.

As I mentioned, someone has already suggested second hand cars, but the couple is still starting out and are a bit clueless on cars. They'd want to stick with the warranty within the casa as long as it still stays valid. On the other hand, I don't want to get blamed if ever the second hand car they got has had suddenly sprung problems out of nowhere. Di ko rin naman sila matutulungan since they're on Cavite and I am on QC.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ford ecosport, it's high, easy to drive, and cheap although i have no idea about reliability as it is fairly new.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ang boto ko ay 3rd gen honda jazz

1.3 engine. Mura registration

Pinakamatagal magdepreciate sa lahat ng kotse sa pilipinas

Wala ako mabasa major problem na na kinailangan mawarranty.

Dahil isang young dad eh pwede mo ipasok ang surfboard, mountain bike na walang kahirap-hirap.

After 5 years hindi ka mahihirapan bumili ng parts at hindi mahal.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "matagal mag-depreciate" works both ways..
    good if you're a-sellin'...
    bad if you're a-buyin'...

the innova depreciates slowly, too..
    but in my opinion, the king of anti-depreciation, is the diesel revo! simply unbelievable... its going price (if the ads are to be believed, and if someone is actually selling) almost approaches that of the newer innova...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 3rd, 2014 at 12:52 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast