New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Tsikoteers, can I have some feedbacks? Any young family starting out there? Doing this for a friend. They basically have no background in cars, haven't owned one and have one baby boy around one year old. Everything will be from their pockets, no company sponsors and fuel economy as well as maintenance are top on the priority list. Budget is a bit limited and 900k is pushing it to the limit. No Manual transmission as his wife will be driving it also from time to time. Around 800k is tolerable, lower would be better. Daily driver from Manila to Cavite. Weekends might fill the car with 5 people with the baby on trips. I have done some browsing around and it budget limits to these; on top of my head.

As much as I would like to recommend them my choices, I am a bit biased on the Mazda 3 and Altis, and we don't know anyone who owns these new Hondas from a personal standpoint.

Honda City V 800k
    -Space and build are its selling points. I guess the trunk wins it over the Jazz. Haven't really driven one but when I was a passenger once, engine seems anemic? Aircon feels kinda weak too.

Honda Jazz
    - Its nice and all, but will this be better than the city for hauling?

Mazda 3 1.5
    - Questionable on reputation. Can't really answer them since yojin 3 is the only selling point, aside from the good looks and amenities. Pushing the ceiling with the budget on this.

Altis 1.6G
    - Perhaps much more reasonable than the Mazda in the long run, although they are more biased with Honda. How fuel efficient is this compared to the sub compacts? From what I read, it can do 10 km/l?

Suzuki Ertiga, Toyota Avanza
    - Dark horses, really not a fan of these since I find the Avanza flimsy. Re : Suzuki, I have no solid feedback on this, but the ertiga looks nice...

Thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'd pick the Altis for them.

They need a proper car.

Not a headache.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Tsikoteers, can I have some feedbacks? Any young family starting out there? Doing this for a friend. They basically have no background in cars, haven't owned one and have one baby boy around one year old. Everything will be from their pockets, no company sponsors and fuel economy as well as maintenance are top on the priority list. Budget is a bit limited and 900k is pushing it to the limit. No Manual transmission as his wife will be driving it also from time to time. Around 800k is tolerable, lower would be better. Daily driver from Manila to Cavite. Weekends might fill the car with 5 people with the baby on trips. I have done some browsing around and it budget limits to these; on top of my head.

As much as I would like to recommend them my choices, I am a bit biased on the Mazda 3 and Altis, and we don't know anyone who owns these new Hondas from a personal standpoint.

Honda City V 800k
    -Space and build are its selling points. I guess the trunk wins it over the Jazz. Haven't really driven one but when I was a passenger once, engine seems anemic? Aircon feels kinda weak too.

Honda Jazz
    - Its nice and all, but will this be better than the city for hauling?

Mazda 3 1.5
    - Questionable on reputation. Can't really answer them since yojin 3 is the only selling point, aside from the good looks and amenities. Pushing the ceiling with the budget on this.

Altis 1.6G
    - Perhaps much more reasonable than the Mazda in the long run, although they are more biased with Honda. How fuel efficient is this compared to the sub compacts? From what I read, it can do 10 km/l?

Suzuki Ertiga, Toyota Avanza
    - Dark horses, really not a fan of these since I find the Avanza flimsy. Re : Suzuki, I have no solid feedback on this, but the ertiga looks nice...

Thanks guys
    Open to second hand cars sir?

Pero kung brand new, I would suggest vios 1.3 AT. I think less than 800k ang SRP. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. No first hand experience sa vios but I think maganda ang FC figures (although di na sya kasing efficient ng previous gen).

From your choices, I'll probably get the Altis. Why? I think its the most reasonable among the choice. I just find the new generation honda a bit overpriced for sub compact category.

HTH.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Add Vios 1.3E to the list (762K), pasok sa budget.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Or a Vios, yeah.

You'd be surprised how much stuff a Vios trunk can accomodate.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    * lsb, sir lsb, care to expound the headache you mentioned? heheheh!

*boytsiks, I don't think he prefers second hand cars. Another friend of his recommended this, but he doesn't want to trouble himself with mechanics and going to autoshops outside of the casa. Tried persuading him that he needs to learn about it but I guess he's just not interested in the details.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yup. I'd say Vios 1.3E AT too.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for Vios. I really like the look of the current gen Vios too.

The Altis 1.6 G A/T is P935K plus insurance of more or less 30K so it would be above their budget of 900k? My Altis never reached 10 km/l. 9.9 km/l was the most I got and my daily route has zero traffic.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kasya ba stroller sa trunk ng Yaris with the seats up? The hatch can swallow bulky objects that won't fit in a sedan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd go for the Jazz V. The City may have a big trunk but when you need the extra space, you can fold the rear seats in the Jazz and you now have enormous space for a small hatch to carry a lot of stuff (like a small minivan). The Honda 1.5L engine is good enough for something the size of the City or Jazz but it does lack low end grunt. The older lower trim City and Jazz with the 1.3L engine are those that are really anemic, specially if AT.

The new Vios is another alternative to the City. It looks better than the previous model but some say the heavier weight caused its FC to dip against the previous model.

How about the Lancer EX GLX? It is cheaper than the Altis or Mazda3. They say FC is good for the Lancer EX 1.6L.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast