New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Nag uubos na ng stocks. Kelan ba padating iyong new model?

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    hindi naguubos bro. inflated ang srp nila. in thailand they recently launched a new variant of the montero. nip and tuck . a sign that the new facelifted model will be released next year.

ang nag uubos yun everest..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    kind of weird lng na nissans advantage over ford is just a few units. They have the urvan and the hot selling navara and terra.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...pril-2019.html

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    kind of weird lng na nissans advantage over ford is just a few units. They have the urvan and the hot selling navara and terra.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...pril-2019.html
    They have ecosport over the nissan's juke.
    Sa repo list ang daming ecosport.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    They have ecosport over the nissan's juke.
    Sa repo list ang daming ecosport.

the big 3 of nissan are diesels..

while the big 3 of ford are 2 diesels and a non diesel ecosport.

Im now thinking nissans sales is a little slow because of sharp pricing from both Ford and Mitsubishi. 100k discount from Nissan just cant match the 200-300k discounts from Ford-Mitsu..

This is also a reason why Chevy sales is at an all time low.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014

Im now thinking nissans sales is a little slow because of sharp pricing from both Ford and Mitsubishi. 100k discount from Nissan just cant match the 200-300k discounts from Ford-Mitsu..

Not every family is looking for a van and that puts already the one of the main 3 of nissan at a disadvantage.

Compared to the other main 3 of ford which is cheaper to acquire and has suv kuno branding.

If nissan will bring in micra or something smaller to compete on the small segment, im sure they will shoot up to 3rd spot.
    That's maybe also the reason why hyundai is 3rd. They have a compelete lineup (excl pickup).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Not every family is looking for a van and that puts already the one of the main 3 of nissan at a disadvantage.

Compared to the other main 3 of ford which is cheaper to acquire and has suv kuno branding.

If nissan will bring in micra or something smaller to compete on the small segment, im sure they will shoot up to 3rd spot.
    That's maybe also the reason why hyundai is 3rd. They have a compelete lineup (excl pickup).

Plus Toyota dominates the van segment by a mile, maybe 80% of the market share.

7. Join Date
    May 2014

I guess if we compare among the top 5 that Nissan is part of we can go segment by segment.

In the mini/micro car - I don't think they have a contender here. Toyota has Wigo, Kia Picanto, Hyundai Eon, Honda Brio etc.

Subcompact, the Almera is just beaten as a choice, be it a taxi, personal car (here would be Fiesta and City) or fleet car option. With the entry of Reina, Soluto, along with the #1 pick Vios, it can't compete.

Compact - I personally own the Sylphy but in the almost 6 years (I think it's 6, maybe 7) it has been in our market, they never introduced any update/change just a price increase. There has been a facelift and a new model launched in other countries and we still retain the old design even now. It can't compete with the other new entrants to the segment.

SubCompact CUV - Juke is a "niche" car. I wouldn't call it practical though for a small family as space in the back seat it just too small if you are comparing it against the BRV. Coupled with other AUV entrants of similar price point, it gets lost in the crowd as a "practical" option. I am curious if they plan to launch the KICKS here. That looks like a more practical option that will in no way be confusing with the Xtrail like the Rogue or Qashqai (depending on which market has the smaller wheelbase option).

Compact CUV - Xtrail is losing favor globally, especially in its strongest market the US which is why they lost about 40 or 45% marketshare if I recall the article correctly. I don't think they ever launched the facelifted model here as well. For design, you have a better option Mazda's lineup. I don't think the ASX is a viable alternative for the Xtrail but the HRV and CRV are better contenders. Subaru offers more flex here as well.

Van - even with it carrying over the previous gen Hi-Ace, the T badge is still king. If you are targetting family vans, Starex is the more immediate next option. For semblance of luxury below 2m, the Carnival is a viable option for the sister stable of Hyundai.

Pickup - Navara got the #1 spot as the lifestyle pickup of choice if I'm not mistaken but how big a sales leader it is, I don't know the numbers. Performance is still with the Ranger, while for workhorses, you got the Dmax and Hilux as top, since Navara doesnt offer the "bare" single cab and chassis option here.

As for the PPV, though Terra is spec'd well for the price, as mentioned, the others are pricing it out with better discounts.

That's my two cents. Still love the Terra though. =)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nissan is more concerned on global sales than be worried about its sales performance in a small third world country. Nissan-Renault is still playing third to Toyota (2nd) and VW (1st).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I guess if we compare among the top 5 that Nissan is part of we can go segment by segment.

In the mini/micro car - I don't think they have a contender here. Toyota has Wigo, Kia Picanto, Hyundai Eon, Honda Brio etc.

Subcompact, the Almera is just beaten as a choice, be it a taxi, personal car (here would be Fiesta and City) or fleet car option. With the entry of Reina, Soluto, along with the #1 pick Vios, it can't compete.

Compact - I personally own the Sylphy but in the almost 6 years (I think it's 6, maybe 7) it has been in our market, they never introduced any update/change just a price increase. There has been a facelift and a new model launched in other countries and we still retain the old design even now. It can't compete with the other new entrants to the segment.

SubCompact CUV - Juke is a "niche" car. I wouldn't call it practical though for a small family as space in the back seat it just too small if you are comparing it against the BRV. Coupled with other AUV entrants of similar price point, it gets lost in the crowd as a "practical" option. I am curious if they plan to launch the KICKS here. That looks like a more practical option that will in no way be confusing with the Xtrail like the Rogue or Qashqai (depending on which market has the smaller wheelbase option).

Compact CUV - Xtrail is losing favor globally, especially in its strongest market the US which is why they lost about 40 or 45% marketshare if I recall the article correctly. I don't think they ever launched the facelifted model here as well. For design, you have a better option Mazda's lineup. I don't think the ASX is a viable alternative for the Xtrail but the HRV and CRV are better contenders. Subaru offers more flex here as well.

Van - even with it carrying over the previous gen Hi-Ace, the T badge is still king. If you are targetting family vans, Starex is the more immediate next option. For semblance of luxury below 2m, the Carnival is a viable option for the sister stable of Hyundai.

Pickup - Navara got the #1 spot as the lifestyle pickup of choice if I'm not mistaken but how big a sales leader it is, I don't know the numbers. Performance is still with the Ranger, while for workhorses, you got the Dmax and Hilux as top, since Navara doesnt offer the "bare" single cab and chassis option here.

As for the PPV, though Terra is spec'd well for the price, as mentioned, the others are pricing it out with better discounts.

That's my two cents. Still love the Terra though. =)
    Is ford really getting more acceptance now than nissan? even with the transmission fiasco?

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Is ford really getting more acceptance now than nissan? even with the transmission fiasco?
    Well, unlike Ford, you could get their models with AT nowadays right?

While for Nissan, the more mainstream ones, excluding the Navara and Terra, do have the CVTs which are still recommended "avoid" by most people's posts online. Can't remember if the Juke had a CVT but I think that is the least of its worries

I think Nissan still has the image as pick for dads/uncles from the 90s/2000s I think. Which is why the "malamig aircon niyan" is the only main mantra that sticks with the badge. haha!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast