New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Is ford really getting more acceptance now than nissan? even with the transmission fiasco?
    dami dami ford sa kalye

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    dami dami ford sa kalye
    I've a new American friend and she calls Ford (Found On the Road Dead) She drives a Toyota haha

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    overpriced Isuzu..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Compact CUV - Xtrail is losing favor globally, especially in its strongest market the US which is why they lost about 40 or 45% marketshare if I recall the article correctly. I don't think they ever launched the facelifted model here as well. For design, you have a better option Mazda's lineup. I don't think the ASX is a viable alternative for the Xtrail but the HRV and CRV are better contenders. Subaru offers more flex here as well.
    May 219 – The Best-Selling Vehicles In America – Every Vehicle Ranked | GCBC

The Nissan Rogue is still selling well in the US despite big drops compared to last year. It's neck to neck with the CR-V in total sales so far this year while the HR-V and CX-5 are waaaaay down the list. The Subaru Outback and Forester also trail the Rogue with total sales of each about half that of the Rogue.

The CVT issues gave a lot of bad press to the Rogue. But, if you look at the big picture, it's not like there are Rogues broken down all over the place. Some of the Subarus have had CVT issues as well.

My wife has a 2013 Nissan Rogue. It hasn't been on any recall list and it's CVT has been fine so far (78k miles/126k km). I'll be satisfied if the CVT lasts 200k miles because by that time, it's definitely time to junk it and buy a new car.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The facelifted X-trail has been released here some time ago. A little bit more tech and some mild aesthetic upgrades. The 19" rims on the 4x4 has made the ride terrible though. And still the old 2.5L engine soldiers on for the 4x4.

I hope the next gen features the turbo VC engine.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    May 219 – The Best-Selling Vehicles In America – Every Vehicle Ranked | GCBC

The Nissan Rogue is still selling well in the US despite big drops compared to last year. It's neck to neck with the CR-V in total sales so far this year while the HR-V and CX-5 are waaaaay down the list. The Subaru Outback and Forester also trail the Rogue with total sales of each about half that of the Rogue.

The CVT issues gave a lot of bad press to the Rogue. But, if you look at the big picture, it's not like there are Rogues broken down all over the place. Some of the Subarus have had CVT issues as well.

My wife has a 2013 Nissan Rogue. It hasn't been on any recall list and it's CVT has been fine so far (78k miles/126k km). I'll be satisfied if the CVT lasts 200k miles because by that time, it's definitely time to junk it and buy a new car.
    I've seen a lot of Nissan Rogue when I visited Seattle as well as the Mazda Cx5 and Cx9, Subaru Forester and Outback, Honda Pilot and Acura MDX and RDX. Toyota Highlander is becoming a best seller too. I've seen a few Honda HRV and CRV and to my surprise a significant number of Hyundai Kona on the freeway.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    I've seen a lot of Nissan Rogue when I visited Seattle as well as the Mazda Cx5 and Cx9, Subaru Forester and Outback, Honda Pilot and Acura MDX and RDX. Toyota Highlander is becoming a best seller too. I've seen a few Honda HRV and CRV and to my surprise a significant number of Hyundai Kona on the freeway.
    Here in Arizona, Hondas are the overall favorites followed by Toyota and Dodge Rams. Lots of CR-Vs, Odysseys, and Civics. But, I think there are a lot more Camrys than Accords. Lots of Nissans too. But, I think that's because of steep discounts. So many Altimas both new and used. I think people buy them because of low pricing. But, they also don't keep them for a very long time unlike Camrys. I see many Camrys dating back from the 90's still on the streets.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 19th, 2019 at 12:48 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    remember before na inokray ko itsura ng

vios = angels burger

avanza = bentelog.

Nakita ko bagong vios few days ago habang nagdadrive. Grabe lalo pumangit. Ano ba yan bakit nagkaganyan paboring ng paboring toyota. Napapaisip tuloy ako kung kanino ko ihahantulad mukhang sa isaw na ihaw-ihaw nubayan.

Ang nagustuhan ko eh mukhang umiksi at kumitid. Dati kasi ang haba for a subcompact.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    remember before na inokray ko itsura ng

vios = angels burger

avanza = bentelog.

Nakita ko bagong vios few days ago habang nagdadrive. Grabe lalo pumangit. Ano ba yan bakit nagkaganyan paboring ng paboring toyota. Napapaisip tuloy ako kung kanino ko ihahantulad mukhang sa isaw na ihaw-ihaw nubayan.

Ang nagustuhan ko eh mukhang umiksi at kumitid. Dati kasi ang haba for a subcompact.
    who cares?
    "it'$ hard to argue with $ucce$$."

postwar VW.
    rootes of UK was asked to evaluate the VW works.
    he said, "...ugly and noisy.. to build it commercially would be a completely un-economic enterprise.."
    well, 60 years later, rootes is no more, while is VW somewhere near the apex of the auto manufacturing industry, built on the success of what is argueably the most-produced automobile ever.
    morale of the story: "it is difficult to second-guess the public's fancy."
    Last edited by dr. d; July 22nd, 2019 at 01:09 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast