New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    you'll never love a car for more than 5 years anyway (provided you can afford to get a new one and it's not a porsche or ferrari)

a condo is a better choice if you can only choose one. It's funny how I get excited driving a 5 year old newly acquired 2nd hand car more than our own 3 year old car. We'd always like something new.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    naku po.....guys, not all real estate appreciates in value.....ingat lang po kung saan bibili ng condo......there is a condo glut in ortigas and makati area.....condo prices have in reality, gone down in those 2 areas for the past 6 years......it is only last quarter when prices have risen by 5%

i would rather buy a condo than an expensive car though bossing.....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I go for a condo (if your 3.5M will do..) pero kung hindi, bili ka nalang ng rental property na malapit sa schools or work places, para meron ka pang monthly residual income...actually, timely din ang topic na ito sa buhay ko kasi gusto kung bilhan ng 350Z young asawa ko, pero finally we decided just tonight na bahay nalang bilhin namin. Gagamitin nalang namin ang pambili ng 350Z na downpayment sa house...mahirap aminin pero tama si commander...hehehe...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is the smart thing to do? madali lang ang kasagutan niyan.

but people usually don't do the smart thing dito andaming nangigigil sa kotseng magagara. i have a family friend who owns a modded e46 m3 and an x5 pero nakarenta yung bahay. one of my neighbors down the street refinanced his home and used the equity to buy a new '05 mercedes sl500

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Classic case yan nang battle between reason and emotion..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    condo muna pero 3.5m para sa mga nabanggit na lugar, tulad ng sabi nila kulang nga...buy a lot for 1.5m (6k per sqr meter = 250 sqr mtrs lupa mo niyon) then patayuan mo ng bahay worth 2m (10k-12k per floor area = 160-200 sqr mtrs floor are mo nyan) malaking malaki na iyan than a studio unit na mibibili mo rin for 3.5m...

pero kung plano mong makitira sa bahay ng parents mo habang buhay or regaluhan ka nila after mo pakasal or siguradong ikaw magmamana ng house and lot eh gastusin na iyan sa magarang kotse...di mo na kailangan ng bahay eh

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for the replies. I know that the best answer is the condo but the devil on my mind says car.

Thanks again for those info on the real estate in Fort, eastwood etc...

Iba kasi when you go to the Porsche showroom. Parang gusto mo nang iuwi yung isa and spend everything you have and di na pag-aralin ang mga anak ko

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    I just admire those rich young guys who can afford a Porsche and still own a unit at Rockwell!! Ang hirap kumita ng pera ngayon. Unless siguro illegally or if I have a pork Barrel or if my wife is a nurse or pharmacist and papadalan ako ng pera dito.
    Scout around and try to find out what kind of jobs in the Philippines will give you enough salary for you to buy a Porsche and a unit at Rockwell before the age of 40, to be considered a "rich young" guy.

Most likely it's papa's old Porsche, you worked abroad for years and came back to settle in Pinas, you are a matinee idol with big commercial endorsements, or you hit it big with the internet stocks back in the late 90's.

Most successful people will probably be in their 40's to afford a yuppy lifestyle in the kind of magnitude you mentioned.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    Iba kasi when you go to the Porsche showroom. Parang gusto mo nang iuwi yung isa and spend everything you have and di na pag-aralin ang mga anak ko
    :bwahaha: i know the feeling!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i dont think the comparison makes any sense in the first place... a person who can afford a 3.5 million car would more than likely be able to get a 50 million peso house in dasma...
    unless theres something really wrong with this guy.. who doesnt mind spending **** load on a car and living in a shank in tondo

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
CAR or CONDO UNIT?