New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    try to invest on a condo first. i have this idea regarding proportion...wherein the value of the car/s must be proprtionate to the value of one's residence. i can't imagine of having a very expensive car without having a decent place to live in first....just my opinion.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    think of it this way: ung real estate, investment yan. ung car, unless gamit mo sa business, is like a hole in the pocket B). you can go places with a car, but sooner or later you're gonna want to come home.

kung hindi mo naman kaagad kelangan ung condo, you could rent it out, then use the rental income para hulugan ung kotse :D btw, take note of the maintenance fees sa condos

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    Hi,

My question is: If you have around 3.5 Million to spend on a car, would you buy one? or just get a decent CONDO unit in Eastwood, the FORT, ORTIGAS CENTER etc..... and keep your existing car or just a buy a simple car upgrade and go for the Condo unit as an investment??
    if you have 3.5M and 2nd hand car, mag-down ka na lang both sa condo and sa car. get the best of both worlds.

yun hulugan yun na lang problemahin mo, may trabaho pa naman diba and may 2nd hand car ka pa naman, pang-emergency mo just in case d ka makahulog

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    car comparison nga. hehehehe. same sentiments with previous answers na.

cars depreciate, real estate increases in price.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it all depends on your income level.

for some people... P3.5M is just a drop in the bucket.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    Hi,

I may be out of date but I noticed that Cars nowadays are around the 1.2 MILLION on average price.

REVO or Corolla is around 900T
    RAV4 is around 1.2 MILLION
    Vans cost around 1.4 MILLION or more
    SUVs average the 2.5 MILLION price tag
    BMWs are on the 2.8 MILLION range to 7 MILLION for a 7 series.
    MERCEDES is on the 3.8 MILLION to 10 MILLION for a new S-Class

I remember, a corolla 16V used to cost 333T in 1989?

With 3.5 million, You can get an EVO, a Porsche Boxter, A nice SLK BENZ or 5 series BMW.

My question is: If you have around 3.5 Million to spend on a car, would you buy one? or just get a decent CONDO unit in Eastwood, the FORT, ORTIGAS CENTER etc..... and keep your existing car or just a buy a simple car upgrade and go for the Condo unit as an investment??

for practical reasons, if have the money and have an existing car, i'll get a condo near my work. that way, i didn't have to drive to work and ease off the usage of my car. of course, anybody loves to drive. looking on the trend, the value of a condo always appreciates. a car on the other hand do not. and if you're single and would want to settle down, you could always get a house and lot after selling the condo unit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i would get a condo unit at rockwell and not at the fort.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    condo muna..then ipon uli for a nice car.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Depends on how much you make. Tama si mazdamazda. I mean if you make 10M a year... well... or even more... But if that's all the money I have, I'd get the best real estate half of it can afford, and half to go to other stuff.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    investment in real estate is always more prudent. the value always appreciates, more often than not

however, if you need a car in order to generate income, then you will have a rather tough balancing act to make since in this case your car is a necessity and you will need a reliable one. in this case, you may opt to get a lower valued real estate and spend the rest on refurbishing your car or get a more decent 1st hand or 2nd hand unit from the sales of your old car and your extra cash

forget about the need to have a nice car if you live in a condo. so what!

i know a lot of people with nice cars but only rent real estate

it is better to own your own real estate first

just my two sentimos worth

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
CAR or CONDO UNIT?