New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hey liteace owners, kindly post here the age of your van, km reading and serious problems you have experienced with it. Baka pwede na rin i-post ang solution.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Oct '96 Litace GXL with 215,000 + kms. on the odometer. Almost all parts ng suspension except shocks napalitan na, so is the evaporator, condenser and compressor ng aircon. Overhauled the carburator twice during that period. Almost everything sa underchassis ay nagalaw na. But fortunately, engine ni hindi pa nabuksan. One problem we encountered is overheating especially when aircon is engaged in a traffic, pero kung off naman hindi nataas ang temp niya. No problems with the engine with regular oil change and tune-up lang. Idles smoothly to this day. Corrosion usually appears in all units sa may front fender near the step boards.

one thing more, i usually get only 7.5 to 8 per liter lang ng petrol, city driving.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I think almost all liteace owners experienced overheating with this baby. Is there a way of solving it? balak ko kasi kumuha ng isng used unit.

my liteace

ngayon, on restoring stage, aquried last year, and still contemplating whether o keep it or sell, kasi kukuha na ako ng spacegear kahit alin dito ang itsura.

planning to convert my liteace to manual, kung di parin nawala overheating nya on highspeed even na manual tranny na siya, palit makina na ako (3C-te or kung kakasya ang 2L-Te or even a 3L-Te!)

invite kita dito

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    If god permits, I'll be owning one this weekend. A 1992 model, 91km, original paint and very fresh inside-out.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I'll be using my liteace as an alternate to my VTI.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    1992 ba yung hindi na flat-nosed (pero same body as the GXL)?

we had a very early unit back in 93. column shifter pa. only problem we had was the shifter, minsan ayaw pumasok sa 1st gear, lalo na pag malamig ang panahon. overheat, muntik na once. other than that, it was a very good van. it was my school service laguna-manila ang byahe ko almost everyday.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    yun 94GXL namin dati
    -bumigay air-con after 3rd or 4th yr ata.
    -yung overheat madalas mangyari yun pag may natirang bubble sa radiator,
    -accumulated dirt sa condenser result RUST,
    -sneezing/stuck up front disk brake needs overhaul
    All in all oks na oks sya considering na abusive yung paggamit panghakot, pandeliver, bigas, mantika, etc, tulogan, pampasyal long distance easy to manuever sa tight places and intersection blind spot...kaso nabenta w/130K km on odo kaka miss yang liteace gxl 5k nayan hehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Finally, I bought my own liteace yesterday. Batang-bata, 62kms lang tinakbo, very fresh inside and some normal wear and tear outside. Latang-lata pa with its original paint. With a bargain price.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    180k+ kms., the only main persistent, annoying problems we've encountered is only the well-known 'A/C & Overheating issues'..... w/c indeed is the commonest of all!

Others, is the normal wear & tear of suspension systems, powertrain & other maintenances as well etc.

Honestly, matibay talaga 'tong van na' to, ikanga nga nila, tried & tested kahit anung abuse usage pa gawin mo, very reliable van despite being gas-guzzler & underpowered. However, we can't really afford to lose this ride though... even it's old enough to own!!!

Lastly, mayaman pati sa piyesa, kahit saang auto supply ka pa pumunta... meron!!!
    Last edited by rayban7g; December 10th, 2006 at 03:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
How old is your Liteace, how many km's and what problems have you encountered.