New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Kung Accent hindi ka mahihirapan sa PMS nandiyan na lang sa lugar nyo di mo na kelangan lumayo pa. 2nd reason hindi balasubas ang mga dealer ng Hyundai dito sa Cagayan Valley.

Kaya lang dami ng Accent dito sore eyes na nga eh
    Di ba sa santiago city pa ung nearest hyundai?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardson Chan View Post
    Di ba sa santiago city pa ung nearest hyundai?
    wala pa ba? under construction na nung nagbakasyon kami

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Since your Mom is a first time driver, best to pick a car that has steady and predictable handling at high speeds. In your price range, that means the Fiesta, the Rio and the Jazz.

You might want to take a look at the 1.3 liter Jazz with the 5AT. This is the best AT in the segment, as the 1.4 Fiesta, Rio and Accent all come with 4-speed autos. We keep complaining about e economy of the new Jazz, but really, it is only because the old car could do over 20 kml. The new car can still do 17-18 kml on the highway, and tthe interior is huge. If you do deliveries with it, you won't be disappointed. I've seen full sets of mags in the back, car engines, multiple recaro seats. Lots of car shop owners love their Jazzes, and it's not hard to see why.

If you go down a size, the Spark is the most steady on the highway of the Super Mini class. And the cabin is pretty big. The Eon, while I suggest it to anyone who wants economy, it's still not as refined on the highway as the Spark, Picanto or i10.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Since your Mom is a first time driver, best to pick a car that has steady and predictable handling at high speeds. In your price range, that means the Fiesta, the Rio and the Jazz.

You might want to take a look at the 1.3 liter Jazz with the 5AT. This is the best AT in the segment, as the 1.4 Fiesta, Rio and Accent all come with 4-speed autos. We keep complaining about e economy of the new Jazz, but really, it is only because the old car could do over 20 kml. The new car can still do 17-18 kml on the highway, and tthe interior is huge. If you do deliveries with it, you won't be disappointed. I've seen full sets of mags in the back, car engines, multiple recaro seats. Lots of car shop owners love their Jazzes, and it's not hard to see why.

If you go down a size, the Spark is the most steady on the highway of the Super Mini class. And the cabin is pretty big. The Eon, while I suggest it to anyone who wants economy, it's still not as refined on the highway as the Spark, Picanto or i10.
    Yup,- doing 100KPH at 2KRPM on a 5AT Jazz/City is priceless!

4ATs generally do 100KPH at 2.5K-3KRPMish.....

17.0K:out:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Thanks sir Niky! Didnt include the jazz sa choices kasi medyo pricey na sya. But after a test drive, i think my mom would consider.

It will be tough to try to convince her since influential din yung tita ko sa kanya (medyo obvious na konti lang alam ng mom ko sa cars kasi ginawa nyang first choice ung naging choice ng sister nya).

Between Jazz and Fiesta, which will be cheaper to maintain?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Lancer Cedia na lang. Mura na ata sobra yun ngayon.
    oo nga. ang daming freebies na binibigay nito. mas malaki pa ang size

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardson Chan View Post
    Between Jazz and Fiesta, which will be cheaper to maintain?
    Same same. Actually, Ford was boasting about its low maintenance costs... because Ford, like Honda, prescribes 10,000 km oil change intervals for its cars, and it prices its service lower than Honda.

But even with the high service pricing, the 10,000 km / 6 month changes are very, very convenient. Especially for high-use clients like my family, which can put over 5,000 kms a month on a car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    wala pa ba? under construction na nung nagbakasyon kami

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Haven't been back to Cagayan in almost a year so I have no idea.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    For your mom, yung mga old models na Sentra or Lancer, pwedeng pwede na.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    For your mom, yung mga old models na Sentra or Lancer, pwedeng pwede na.
    you mean second hand? matanda na si nanay bibigyan pa niya ng sakit ng ulo kaya naman nilang bumili ng brand new at saka yung ruta niya parang expressway kelangan ng reliable na sasakyan

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Which car to buy? Accent Mirage Avanza Fiesta or others?