New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi tsikoteers! My mom wants to buy a new car this December. She is in her late 50's and she wants a car that's easy to drive. Her main requirement is Automatic Transmission para madali lang i-drive. And low cost maintenance. Yun lang. It will be used as daily driver from home to our store (farm supply business) to the bank and back. Mostly highway driving lang. Wala masyadong traffic. A total of 25km per day give or take. Monthly trips from home to Tuguegarao (for check ups) will be around 200km round trip.

My mom and dad will be the primary users of the car.

The car will be acquired via bank financing.

Di naman strict sa budget but I don't want my mom to spend too much dahil nga bank financing ang mode of payment. Let's assume a maximum of 750k.

My mom is currently inclined to c-hoose the Accent 1.4 AT because her sister owns one but I think the TOTL Mirage is a better buy. Then there's the Avanza and Fiesta na pampagulo but worth looking at before she decides.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    my opinion will be cancel out the accent. kasi nasa requirements ang low cost maintenance, nako, yung pms ng HARI na 3 months, malaki yun, plus her sister owns one so para maiba naman. hehe

for me better buy talaga ang mirage TOTL. ang daming features na siguradong magugustuhan ng mom mo. pero kahit yung GLX lang ok na yun e. para mas maliit ang magagalaw nyo sa budget. pero kung ok lang talaga gumastos ng mas malaki laki, fiesta na. bigger engine for long trips. pero kaya rin naman siguro ng mirage yun. small body, 1.2 engine.

for the avanza, kung may chance na may uupo na sobra sa 5 people kahit minsan, eto na lang. better safe than sorry. hindi mo mabibili ang space. kung biglaan kailangan sumakay na additional 5 people besides your parents, atleast walang problema. pero kung hindi naman mangyayari yun for sure, wag na to.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    i got the 7 seat requirement covered with myG rand Livina. I highly doubt that they would "need" the seating capacity of the Avanza. Is the Vios or Yaris worth adding to the mix?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    vios and yaris are definitely the safest choice. but for an A/T vios 1.3AT 743k and yaris AT 771k. so it's up you if you want to adjust

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Bump Car.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Bump Car.
    Haima bump car ba sir? Pwede! Hehe

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dude if i were you get a bigger car kung most of the time hiway ang biyahe, iba parin ang big bodied vehicles, tsaka you mentioned tuguegarao, naka punta nako diyan dati, maluluwag ang kalsada although wala masyado kasalubong pero minsan may malalking bus at truck na kasabay...get a used suv nalang if i were you..i dont feel comfy sa small car na madalas hiway ang biyahe..kung ala metro manila ang gamit na traffic at mabagal ang takbo ok ang maliit..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Dude if i were you get a bigger car kung most of the time hiway ang biyahe, iba parin ang big bodied vehicles, tsaka you mentioned tuguegarao, naka punta nako diyan dati, maluluwag ang kalsada although wala masyado kasalubong pero minsan may malalking bus at truck na kasabay...get a used suv nalang if i were you..i dont feel comfy sa small car na madalas hiway ang biyahe..kung ala metro manila ang gamit na traffic at mabagal ang takbo ok ang maliit..
    Agree ako dito, kung madalas hi-way or no traffic congestion ang route.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Agree ako dito, kung madalas hi-way or no traffic congestion ang route.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardson Chan View Post
    Hi tsikoteers! My mom wants to buy a new car this December. She is in her late 50's and she wants a car that's easy to drive. Her main requirement is Automatic Transmission para madali lang i-drive. And low cost maintenance. Yun lang. It will be used as daily driver from home to our store (farm supply business) to the bank and back. Mostly highway driving lang. Wala masyadong traffic. A total of 25km per day give or take. Monthly trips from home to Tuguegarao (for check ups) will be around 200km round trip.

My mom and dad will be the primary users of the car.

The car will be acquired via bank financing.

Di naman strict sa budget but I don't want my mom to spend too much dahil nga bank financing ang mode of payment. Let's assume a maximum of 750k.

My mom is currently inclined to c-hoose the Accent 1.4 AT because her sister owns one but I think the TOTL Mirage is a better buy. Then there's the Avanza and Fiesta na pampagulo but worth looking at before she decides.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!
    San kayo dito sa Cagayan?

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    my opinion will be cancel out the accent. kasi nasa requirements ang low cost maintenance, nako, yung pms ng HARI na 3 months, malaki yun
    Diyan ka mali dito sa Cagayan Valley every 5k ang PMS (at depende sa engine oil) hindi applicable ang every 3 months.

Wag kasing post ng post alamin muna kung applicable ba sa lugar or hindi yung every 3 months PMS.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Which car to buy? Accent Mirage Avanza Fiesta or others?