New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    That's the Isuzu i-Van.

Major disadvantage is the huge side swing door for rear passengers. So be careful when opening it especially when the vehicle is parked. there is only one rear passenger door (it's on the passenger side).

The rear tailgate can be a chore to open too since it requires a huge arc and is quite heavy. But it works well enough for me.

Also consider how much power the Isuzu truck has. We get the weakest engines available for the body. The rated top speed (empty) of a cab chassis model is just around 100kph? Now try that with a bus body and full passengers on board. hehe.

And 4 wheel drum brakes isn't exactly state of the art. You won't lose much if you crash a truck load of fruit, but with 21 bodies on board? I also don't like servicing drum brakes. It sucks. hehe.
    My thoughts exactly. And I have seen Japan surplus Elf trucks with front disc brakes, some even with ABS! I think the rated top speed is 120km/h ata? Despite being a turbo intercooler unit it's only got 92hp. And I absolutely hate driving the Revo (with 86hp) with ten people on board. Now add 6hp and 30Nm of torque then throw in twice the number of passengers along with 4 wheel drums and no other safety features... Maybe Isuzu should be reading threads like these.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To some people, the Isuzu badge alone is reason enough to buy one. Especially sa mga province. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    My thoughts exactly. And I have seen Japan surplus Elf trucks with front disc brakes, some even with ABS! I think the rated top speed is 120km/h ata? Despite being a turbo intercooler unit it's only got 92hp. And I absolutely hate driving the Revo (with 86hp) with ten people on board. Now add 6hp and 30Nm of torque then throw in twice the number of passengers along with 4 wheel drums and no other safety features... Maybe Isuzu should be reading threads like these.
    Maybe bro it's still good if the tranny and differential is matched even it is 92hp for the total capacity and I think it is low speed that's why rated top speed is 120kmh, like icompare mo yung urvan and old commuter, the urvan has 2.7 pero mas malakas pa sa akyatan yung 2.4 na hiace parehas ng engine ng revo natin, one time kase kasama yung brother ko sa rental 2 urvans mga 2008 and 2011, pinaka luma yung sa amin hehehe, mas maraming pang sakay yung sa amin mga 16 persons pero sa akyatan gapang yung 2 urvan eh sa amin balewala nalampasan pa, kaya baka ok naman yung isuzu I-van, maganda siguro kung itest drive muna kung ok

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    whatta????? drum brakes in the front wheels? kala ko disc brake na yung I-Van, tsk..tsk..tsk...parang gawang jeepney lang yan kung ganun din pala . btw yung hi-ace 2.4 malakas nga sa akyatan, i'm driving a 2.7 besta last time then may nag-overtake sa kin na hi-ace dun sa medyo paahon na kalsada sa governor's drive sa cavite. akala ko 2.5 yun e, then nung nakita ko yung badge sa likod 2.4 lang pala.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The truck version of the isuzu nhr which uses the same tranny and diff ratios as the ivan is kind of a lame duck on the road. Sure, it can move under its own power especially in city driving but the engine is so taxed in the open road. Afaik, the only difference with the ivan is the 80 amp alternator vs 50 for the regular truck without ac and the fuel tank of the ivan relocated behind the driver.

But yes, i'd really like to have a crack at the ivan. Its the newest ambulance in the aeromed fleet.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Much better sana kung maitest drive with seating capacity and to see if very good or not,.. I think if it is a break drum in front then it is using "ibeam" suspension, it is heavy duty, It depends also which break booster or the size of hydrovac is installed even it is a break drum in front same as jeepney, yung jeepney ko dati even break drums lahat malakas pa sa kotse ang preno dahil sa break booster na naka install, downside lang eh you need to adjust the break manually kung breakdrums nga lahat...yung sa hiace 2.4 pero ang displacement eh 2446cc, almost 2.5 na din

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    namimiss ko yung hiace namin modified na seats nun with headrest pa haayy
    bakit sir binenta mo na ba yung hiace mo? san mo nga pala pina modify yung seats at magkano lahat inabot?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KIANTOT View Post
    Much better sana kung maitest drive with seating capacity and to see if very good or not,.. I think if it is a break drum in front then it is using "ibeam" suspension, it is heavy duty, It depends also which break booster or the size of hydrovac is installed even it is a break drum in front same as jeepney, yung jeepney ko dati even break drums lahat malakas pa sa kotse ang preno dahil sa break booster na naka install, downside lang eh you need to adjust the break manually kung breakdrums nga lahat...yung sa hiace 2.4 pero ang displacement eh 2446cc, almost 2.5 na din
    another is, ang concern ko kasi sa mga drum brakes e mabilis ang wear & tear kesa sa disc brakes, as what i experienced laging paliting ng rubber cap dun sa mga brake pistons, yun sa mga jeep kasi yan ang laging maintenance sa brake system, lalo na naman to i-van kung laging gagamitin sa mga commercial purposes, biyahe dito, biyahe doon...eto sure siguro ang laging magkakatama IMO.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The i-Van is basically a glorified jeepney. Diba maraming mga jeepney gumagamit lang ng recycled Elf chassis and engine? Some of them are even from Isuzu's powertrain program so talagang galing NHR ang ilalim, transmission and engine (which is also the 4JB1). Kung tutuusin pwede na ang i-Van pero since Isuzu is marketing it as a passenger van/mini-bus. They could've done more with it and boy do I have a long list of improvements for them. Wish also that they'll make it more flexible with more powertrain and body choices. Most importantly, add sliding doors and throw in the 4HF1-T engine!

*KIANTOT: What I-Beam suspension? Di ba leaf spring harap at likod din yan a la jeepney?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    another is, ang concern ko kasi sa mga drum brakes e mabilis ang wear & tear kesa sa disc brakes, as what i experienced laging paliting ng rubber cap dun sa mga brake pistons, yun sa mga jeep kasi yan ang laging maintenance sa brake system, lalo na naman to i-van kung laging gagamitin sa mga commercial purposes, biyahe dito, biyahe doon...eto sure siguro ang laging magkakatama IMO.
    Agree bro, kung everyday ang biyahe every week or kapag coding you need to check the breaks hassle talaga, pero true nga ba na breakdrum ang harap nun?
    Last edited by KIANTOT; January 14th, 2012 at 02:04 AM.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Better Passenger Van? Nissan Urvan Or Toyota Hi-ace Commuter or others?