New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hi guys, my friends and I are planning for a road trip in about 2 weeks. We haven't come up with any ideas, could you suggest us with some? For example, which car to drive, which route to take and useful tips to keep in mind... Or more ideally, share your own road trip experiences.

We are a group of 5 people. My friend is driving a Toyota Wigo but I'm not sure if it's good enough for a road trip?

And sorry if this thread is a bit off topic :D Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Will you be borrowing/renting/buying a car for this roadtrip? Or will you be choosing from a pool of cars you and your friends own?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Anyway my 5 officemates took one of their Wigos on a trip up north and they seemed to have had a blast. Its not the car, but more the companions and the activities you all did together that makes a successful roadtrip.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Given the wigo is in tiptop condition, Kayang kaya ng wigo iyan

About 3 weeks ago we went on a long road trip to the less touristy side of mindoro and it was able to keep up w/ all the pick-ups and SUVs in the convoy. Even on unforgiving unpaved dirt roads, it was was always in the middle of the pack even though the driver was very hefty at 200++ lbs

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Given the wigo is in tiptop condition, Kayang kaya ng wigo iyan

About 3 weeks ago we went on a long road trip to the less touristy side of mindoro and it was able to keep up w/ all the pick-ups and SUVs in the convoy. Even on unforgiving unpaved dirt roads, it was was always in the middle of the pack even though the driver was very hefty at 200++ lbs

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    occidental mindoro ba iyan? sana makabalik ako jan. last time na umiikot ako jan e 2007-08 pa at napakahirap pa yung daan na nagkokonekta ng oriental at occidental (san jose to roxas).

sorry OT....just one of the few road trips na pwedeng gawin sa pinas lang naman.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Aww! Thanks a lottt for your support! I didnt expect to get so many helpful advice!
    We are afraid our luggage cannot fit in the Wigo so we are considering to rent an Avanza. We have never taken any road trip so we dont know if noise in car should be taken into account? Will it be a big problem? I can only think of space and fuel efficiency when it comes to rent a car for a road trip
    We haven't finalized our itinerary yet. Wanna listen to your experiences? Or any suggestion for me pls?
    Sorry if I missed any replies ..

THANKS A BUNCH!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    occidental mindoro ba iyan? sana makabalik ako jan. last time na umiikot ako jan e 2007-08 pa at napakahirap pa yung daan na nagkokonekta ng oriental at occidental (san jose to roxas).

sorry OT....just one of the few road trips na pwedeng gawin sa pinas lang naman.
    oriental mindoro pa din bro. bale destination namin papunta sa municipality ng roxas galing sa pier ng calapan

maganda na ang mga daan. tuloy-tuloy na ang smooth roads kasi nautical highway siya even sa gabi well lighted naman ang majority ng dadaanan mo at madaming cat eye reflectors at road signs
    Last edited by baludoy; May 24th, 2017 at 04:56 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    Which part of the country are you going to travel? Road conditions? Luggage space requirements? What’s the condition of your friend’s car? Tires and brakes are good? No overheating issues?

Those are common checklists when going for a road trip.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Doesn't matter what car you bring to the road trip. It's the company that makes it memorable.

Easiest road trip is Subic (2.5 hrs). You might also want to go to LU (5 hrs). Or Baguio (4 hrs).

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Hi guys, my friends and I are planning for a road trip in about 2 weeks. We haven't come up with any ideas, could you suggest us with some? For example, which car to drive, which route to take and useful tips to keep in mind... Or more ideally, share your own road trip experiences.

We are a group of 5 people. My friend is driving a Toyota Wigo but I'm not sure if it's good enough for a road trip?

And sorry if this thread is a bit off topic :D Thanks!
    i have a wigo.
    in my opinion, it is a city car, for shorter trips. whenever i drive it in the slex to laguna or cavite, i feel tired afterward. it may be the combination of the sensitivity of the manibela, the tagtag factor, and the overtaking wind factor.
    also, the seats are nothing to brag about.

lima kayo? get an auv or suv. mas malaki ang siko space, and you can get at your supplies out back, without having to stop and get out of the car.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast