New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hi guys, my friends and I are planning for a road trip in about 2 weeks. We haven't come up with any ideas, could you suggest us with some? For example, which car to drive, which route to take and useful tips to keep in mind... Or more ideally, share your own road trip experiences.

We are a group of 5 people. My friend is driving a Toyota Wigo but I'm not sure if it's good enough for a road trip?

And sorry if this thread is a bit off topic :D Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Will you be borrowing/renting/buying a car for this roadtrip? Or will you be choosing from a pool of cars you and your friends own?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Anyway my 5 officemates took one of their Wigos on a trip up north and they seemed to have had a blast. Its not the car, but more the companions and the activities you all did together that makes a successful roadtrip.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Given the wigo is in tiptop condition, Kayang kaya ng wigo iyan

About 3 weeks ago we went on a long road trip to the less touristy side of mindoro and it was able to keep up w/ all the pick-ups and SUVs in the convoy. Even on unforgiving unpaved dirt roads, it was was always in the middle of the pack even though the driver was very hefty at 200++ lbs

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Doesn't matter what car you bring to the road trip. It's the company that makes it memorable.

Easiest road trip is Subic (2.5 hrs). You might also want to go to LU (5 hrs). Or Baguio (4 hrs).

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Hi guys, my friends and I are planning for a road trip in about 2 weeks. We haven't come up with any ideas, could you suggest us with some? For example, which car to drive, which route to take and useful tips to keep in mind... Or more ideally, share your own road trip experiences.

We are a group of 5 people. My friend is driving a Toyota Wigo but I'm not sure if it's good enough for a road trip?

i have a wigo.
    in my opinion, it is a city car, for shorter trips. whenever i drive it in the slex to laguna or cavite, i feel tired afterward. it may be the combination of the sensitivity of the manibela, the tagtag factor, and the overtaking wind factor.
    also, the seats are nothing to brag about.

lima kayo? get an auv or suv. mas malaki ang siko space, and you can get at your supplies out back, without having to stop and get out of the car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post

wigo for 5 skinny girls pwede. baggage space is very limited though

vios has plent of trunk volume...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The bigger, the better.

The Fiesta feels cramped already for 4 people. What more a Wigo for 5 people?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    wigo for 5 skinny girls pwede. baggage space is very limited though

vios has plent of trunk volume...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    TS and four beauty queens?
    get an alto!
    heh heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tama sila, kahit napakaganda ng sasakyan kung boring naman mga kasama mo para ka rin nagbyahe magisa and kung mga kj pa sila how you'd wish mag isa ka na lang talaga. Pero kahit kakaragkarag pa yan kung tawanan naman kayo ng tawanan sa byahe then super trip yan. Wag ka lang kukuha ng sirain, choose a well maintained vehicle para bawas hassle.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast