New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ^ my guess is the same thing that happened to the order banning tilted or tinted plates and not sporting the official bolts, or even the drunk driving law.

All for show. Walang proper implementation

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinblank14 View Post
    noted sir. ganyan nga lang nakikita kong pwede sa budget. btw, may nakita akong nissan xtrail 2004. okay pa kaya yun for 250k?
    Since CUVs like the X-Trail have engines with 2.0L of displacement or above, they are very thirsty at the pump. Besides the X-Trail, there's also the Escape/Tribute twins. Expect gas mileage to be at 4-6km/L thereabouts. Parts cost will also be higher. Though advantages would be higher ground clearance and lots of trunk space. If you use the car in the provinces or highways a lot, I would recommend this option.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since CUVs like the X-Trail have engines with 2.0L of displacement or above, they are very thirsty at the pump. Besides the X-Trail, there's also the Escape/Tribute twins. Expect gas mileage to be at 4-6km/L thereabouts. Parts cost will also be higher. Though advantages would be higher ground clearance and lots of trunk space. If you use the car in the provinces or highways a lot, I would recommend this option.

Pero sa 250k ba worth it pa sila?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Instead of an X-Trail, I'd get a 2001 gen1 CRV. Yes mas luma, but parts are abundant, mas matipid ng konti (I get 6-7 km/L with it in city driving), space is huge for such a small car, and ground clearance is great.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pero sa 250k ba worth it pa sila?

Depends on whether or not you are able to maximize its advantages like the aforementioned ground clearance and extra cargo space. There's also the added prestige as compared to a subcompact. Some people's work require that. But then you have to factor in that they consume around 3-5km/L more than the typical 1.3L subcompact.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Depends on whether or not you are able to maximize its advantages like the aforementioned ground clearance and extra cargo space. There's also the added prestige as compared to a subcompact. Some people's work require that. But then you have to factor in that they consume around 3-5km/L more than the typical 1.3L subcompact.

Thats the one thing that pushes me away. Fc that low on gas is way above my pay grade. I might not use it at all if I push to get the advantages mentioned over sub compact.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erdiedizon View Post
    If thats the case stay away sa xtrail po, haha
    My vote goes to lancer mx, its much quicker than vios, space much better pa, fuel consumption mas tipid ng konti si vios but not so huge difference naman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i had a 2003 mx. i think the 2007 still used the same engine.
    very comfortable interior. very spacious.
    it gargled gas like 6 km/li.
    and that was when traffic was still bearable.
    but despite that, i still wish i had her, as she was really comfortable.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 21st, 2017 at 01:57 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i had a 2003 mx. i think the 2007 still used the same engine.
    very comfortable interior. very spacious.
    it gargled gas like 6 km/li.
    and that was when traffic was still bearable.
    but despite that, i still wish i had her, as she was really comfortable.
    Im leaning more on vios 2007. I saw a blue one on display near our village. Ill check it later.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Im leaning more on vios 2007. I saw a blue one on display near our village. Ill check it later.

go for it, sir!
    and good luck.

i find the "for sale" sign on a car that is actually being used and driven by its owner, more appealing than the used car lot princess. it suggests that the car is in good condition.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    go for it, sir!
    and good luck.

i find the "for sale" sign on a car that is actually being used and driven by its owner, more appealing than the used car lot princess. it suggests that the car is in good condition.
    I totally agree. The price is 245k for 2006 manual j model. I havent talked to the owner yet because my mechanic is still unavailable as of now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast