Quote Originally Posted by kelvinblank14 View Post
    Wala po bang issue yan gaya sa jazz?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    what was the jazz issue?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what was the jazz issue?
    1st gen Jazz and City had that CVT that tends to fail catastrophically at 50K - 100K mileage. Super expensive repair (80k petot).

That's partly why Honda moved to a traditional slush box automatic in the 2nd gen.

As someone who bought two used Mazda's (one 10 years old and one 5 years old)... buy a Toyota.

Of course condition is everything, but everything being equal Toyota is the most reliable. JDPower proves it.

My (bought new) Mazda3 in 2007 has had two fuel system (pump and tubes) replacements (at 60k petot each time) and it only has 35K mileage on it. It has also had a suspension replacement.

Don't buy a used Mazda unless you love them and can pay $$$. Speaking as a person who has owned 3 Mazda's (a Mazda 626 GE, Mazda3 BK, and a Mazda6 GG1).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    1st gen Jazz and City had that CVT that tends to fail catastrophically at 50K - 100K mileage. Super expensive repair (80k petot).

That's partly why Honda moved to a traditional slush box automatic in the 2nd gen.

As someone who bought two used Mazda's (one 10 years old and one 5 years old)... buy a Toyota.

Of course condition is everything, but everything being equal Toyota is the most reliable. JDPower proves it.

My (bought new) Mazda3 in 2007 has had two fuel system (pump and tubes) replacements (at 60k petot each time) and it only has 35K mileage on it. It has also had a suspension replacement.

Don't buy a used Mazda unless you love them and can pay $$$. Speaking as a person who has owned 3 Mazda's (a Mazda 626 GE, Mazda3 BK, and a Mazda6 GG1).
    ah ok.
    it's common knowledge. the cvt of the jazz and the city.
    i was wondering if #62 was refering to something unique to the jazz only.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what was the jazz issue?
    Transmission issue for cvt

7. Join Date
    Apr 2017

Im also considering mazda 3 for my budget fits its 2nd hand price but i was told that repairs and spare parts are overprice for mazda 3.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinblank14 View Post
    Im also considering mazda 3 for my budget fits its 2nd hand price but i was told that repairs and spare parts are overprice for mazda 3.

You said it. The fuel pump cannot be replaced by itself, you have to replace the entire assembly. 40k petot.

Ka-ching!

Did I mention I've done that twice?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    You said it. The fuel pump cannot be replaced by itself, you have to replace the entire assembly. 40k petot.

Ka-ching!

Did I mention I've done that twice?
    Yes yes yes. Btw altis na lang kinuha namin 2007 altis j. Paano po pala tupuin side mirrors? Power daw ito hindi naman tumutupi pag naglolock ka ng door via remote. Sorry first time.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Base variant ang J, I doubt that it has power folding side mirrors. Kung meron man power adjust lang. Just fold it by hand. Kung may power fold yan dapat may small button dun sa side mirror adjustment controls tas may FOLD na nakasulat sa tabi.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast