New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I just want to know from the auto proponents -- naka-try na ba kayo mag drive ng manual na car? Any car? O never bothered to learn?

Parang dapat may sub-survey eh. Yung iba kasi CHOSE an auto tranny kahit marunong ng pareho. Yung iba, hindi pa naman nakaka-experience ng manual so parang default na sila. Curious lang ako kung ano ang ratio between the two?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I just want to know from the auto proponents -- naka-try na ba kayo mag drive ng manual na car? Any car? O never bothered to learn?
    1976(?) - My uncle's jeepney in RP M/T (doesn't really count, I was 13)
    1985: 76 Trans Am - M/T (Hurst Shifter)
    1986: 86 Nissan Pulsar NX M/T
    1990: 91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo M/T
    1994: 95 Ford Contour SE A/T
    1997: 97 Dodge Grand Caravan SE A/T
    2005: 06 Hyundai Sonata V6 A/T with Shiftronic

I went A/T because I have to account for the wife not wanting to drive M/T

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003

Parang dapat may sub-survey eh. Yung iba kasi CHOSE an auto tranny kahit marunong ng pareho. Yung iba, hindi pa naman nakaka-experience ng manual so parang default na sila. Curious lang ako kung ano ang ratio between the two?
    Yes, I started my motoring life with M/T. But once I went A/T, I never looked back. Its really cumbersome to drive an M/T.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Puttered around my hometown in Northern Mindanao in one of these:
    Ford Laser 5-door MT
    Toyota Corolla AE101 XE MT
    Toyota Corolla AE111 GLi MT

Moved to Manila and rented any one of these cars during special occasions:
    Honda Civic EK LXi MT
    Toyota Corolla AE101 GLi MT
    Toyota Corolla AE111 XE MT

Uncle lent us his spare car while running around town setting up wedding:
    Honda Civic EK VTI AT

Bought a car after wedding 2004:
    Mitsubishi Lancer CB GLXi AT

As you can see kasalanan ng Honda kung bakit nagustuhan ko AT hehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think I'm different.

I started in MT, went to AT for a while, then went back to MT. It's the speed, I guess. I enjoy being in total control of the car.

I'd consider a CVT or a DSG, maybe, but since there are no CVTs on compacts at the moment (Honda Civic 2.0 CVT, anyone? Or Focus Sport Diesel 2.0 CVT? :evil: ), and DSG equipped ars are just too expensive for me, I'll stick with the stick.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

sir niky, you are not alone.......

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We've had manual transmissions from the first car I remember riding in, a 74 Corolla SL. It was M/T, and so was the 79 coupe Corolla we got after that. The Galant Sigma (86) was also M/T, and so was our 89 Lancer, which I had the privelege as my first car. The next was a 95 Corolla, still M/T, and then my dad's Civic SiR, of course M/T. When we went to the US, my mom got an A/T Corolla ae92 since it's much easier for her to drive the auto. When we got our MB, it was equipped with an A/T transmission. So I learned to drive in manual, and then went to A/T. When I visit Manila, I drive my dad's 2004 Jazz which is CVT, sometimes his Civic too when he misses driving the Jazz when I take it out daily during my vacation.

My dad says, he loves the CVT transmission of the Jazz especially when cruising and relaxing during traffic hours. Combine that with the fuel economy of the Jazz and the cargo space, you'll know why he got the Jazz.

For me I would drive either one, depends on where we'll go and what to do. Mountain roads? I'll hoard an M/T car, but A/T cars are also just as fun when you have a sensitive kickdown switch. Cruising long distance hauls? Give me an A/T any day.

Our MB has a manumatic, if I may say so, since it's technically an automatic transmission but the owner's manual actually even recommends driving it like a manual transmission should you want to. There's no button to depress when shifting from one gear to another so push it up or down lang from D, to S, or L, and back to D, etc...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If I ever won the lotto I'd go back to my hometown and get an MT anytime.

Unfortunately.... :rained_down:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The right tool for the right job I say!

A/T for going to work and through traffic.
    M/T late at night and on weekends.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MT / AT ??? na cheap? mag lancer mx nalang... invecs II na! pag bago.. go for mazda 3