New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mahirap kumain ng fried chicken to the bones pag naka-manual ka. mag AT ka na lang

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Dami pala may gusto ng AT para maka drive habang kumakain. Hindi ba kayo nadi-distract dun? Ako nadidistract dahil di ko ma enjoy yung food eh!

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    i still prefer the stick, it looks good for me moving my hand and foot while driving, it can be some sort of exercise for the hands and foot, when u get home seems like you had the warm up for the bed,,kidding...but it works!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I've been using AT vehicles for years now. (Although I keep one MT vehicle,- it's just me....)

One time I was assigned to drive an MT vehicle with my officemates riding.(Haven't used my MT for some weeks already). Approaching the tollgate at SLEX,- I kept pressing on the brake pedal until the vehicle stopped and the engine died..... Was red-faced....

2701:bye:
    Last edited by CVT; May 18th, 2007 at 07:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Drove an MT (Sentra) for over 10 years. Then I bought a 2nd hand AT car (97 Accord) in 2005.

I vote for the AT hands down, given the traffic situation here. One downside for the AT, however, is slow reaction time. But given a choice, I'm not going back to MT. Yung Sentra ko nga, once a week ko na lang ginagamit, just to assure myself that I still know how to drive an MT vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's no definitive "better". I'm a staunch defender of manual transmissions, but then, I'll be the first to admit that driving one as a daily commuter can be a right pain in the knees.
    well said, plus there's "no debate" between a/t or m/t IMO that's why i think this comparison is stupid .
    presuming all of us can drive an m/t, it would just be a matter of personal prefence ,depending on your situation. my SUV is a/t but i still love m/t even driving in manila coz i think its more "macho". and not all ladies prefer a/t at all, since my mother-in-law always buy m/t cars.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Dami pala may gusto ng AT para maka drive habang kumakain. Hindi ba kayo nadi-distract dun? Ako nadidistract dahil di ko ma enjoy yung food eh!
    oks lang yun. last week nga nag-dslr pa ako habang nag-drive sa NLEX eh, ang traffic kasi sinara yun kalahati ng mahaba tulay

dami ko nakuha pics. break, accelerator lang ginagawa ko sa bumper to bumper traffic habang nag-take ng pics

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    mahirap kumain ng fried chicken to the bones pag naka-manual ka. mag AT ka na lang
    Naka-ubos ako ng Jollibee spaghetti once while driving an MT.

I was young then... and stupid. I don't intend to do it again. Hamburger na lang nakakain ko ngayon habang nagda-drive.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    [quote=Jun aka Pekto;764358]
    1985: 76 Trans Am - M/T (Hurst Shifter)

wow sir, naalala ko yung dating car namin, which had the same transmission,it was a 1964 ford galaxy,it brings back a lot of memories.pasensiya na sa thread starter, pero kasi those hurst shifters are rare and one of a kind,those are real old school trannys,i should know kasi i drove one of those and you can ask any collector those trannys are rare.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I get to hear excuses that AT consumes more gas than a MT. But with the technology today the figures are hardly apart. I have driven a 92 Corolla GLI AT and a 96 Civic VTI AT and I manage to get 9-11 km/litre. The worse that I got is 7-8 km/litre.

Although Mt has a quicker response and you can drive the car at your liking. Id still choose the AT for practicality. With the heavy traffic here I dont need a responsive tranny.