New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    This battle is between only two pick-ups.

You'll never go wrong with either Strada or Navara.
    I Agree with this statement .. The strada was my first option but i want something different compared to my Montero thats why i choose the navara..Ill be gettin my navara today

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    I Agree with this statement .. The strada was my first option but i want something different compared to my Montero thats why i choose the navara..Ill be gettin my navara today
    sir jpg congraz to your new Navara drive safely

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    This battle is between only two pick-ups.

You'll never go wrong with either Strada or Navara.
    1. PAYLOAD & Power: Navara
    2. Ride comfort: Strada
    3. Exterior: Navara
    4. Interior: Strada

On item #:
    1- Pick-ups are designed to carry cargo, that's why it has a cargo bed (obvious, haha). But then, it depends on what or WHO are to be loaded on its bed. If you're an engineer/architect, businessman that frequently carry heavy stuff such as construction materials, equipments, furnitures, etcetera, then it should be the Navara. But if you're into motorcades (of pageant beauties) or inagurations of highways and bridges with the "tallest dwarf" and her bantay leading the usual ceremony, then the Strada is the best choice because of item #2 (sedan-like ride).

3- Im a Strada fanatic before but when the new models with the curva-curva design, I changed to Frontier/Navara. Anyway, this would be a "personal preference" (NEEDs or WANTs) of buyers.

4. Since Im not a tall-big-fat guy (BMI = 19.8) and even my family members, cabin space is not an issue. Kahit siguro sub-compact pick-up (kung meron man ganun), comfy pa rin sa kin.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Originally Posted by JPG111
    nobody gets wrong when choosing, its really a matter of preference. Congrats on your new ride bro, dont 4get the pics..

Here are some of my observations with Navara and Strada:

Engine to cabin sound - Navara is one of the quietest after the hilux, i can barely hear the turbo kicking in the navara, while the strada (4m41) cabin sounds like a Canter inside (no ofense meant to strada owners just sharing my first-hand experience).

Steering and handling - theres a little road feedback with Navara which is very opposite whith the Strada. Some say that they get used to Strada's handling but me, after driving both vehicles for many kilometers on provincial roads, i will never trade the handling of the Navara.

For city drive, get the A/T, for long drives get the M/T.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jatcos View Post
    nobody gets wrong when choosing, its really a matter of preference. Congrats on your new ride bro, dont 4get the pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    sir jpg congraz to your new Navara drive safely
    After gettin my navara in the morning i went right away to Banawe to have accessories installed.. Pioneer 2 din DVD with rear reverse camera (night vision), HID 6000K Hi/Low 3500K forlights, Bedliner , EGR windor visor etc .. It rained kaya nadumihan but blessing yun..hehe

Compared my montero, it has stronger brakes & a more quiet engine but the acceleration of the montero is quicker

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    congrats jp

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    congrats jp
    Thanks Lito

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    Thanks Lito
    hey jpg111 congrats on y0ur new navarra.
    i've read some post on other thread regarding it's being a chain smoker( mausok) can you shed light on this considering that the navarra is a crdi. i like this pick up over the other and planning to have one in the future.

cheers

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by toronegro View Post
    hey jpg111 congrats on y0ur new navarra.
    i've read some post on other thread regarding it's being a chain smoker( mausok) can you shed light on this considering that the navarra is a crdi. i like this pick up over the other and planning to have one in the future.

cheers
    Thanks sir
    I havent noticed it yet.. But i guess when you floor any diesel engine uusok talaga kahet yung mga korean crdi's ..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    a would be buyer should conduct a test drive.

not to raise navara's ante but i will state reasons why navara is and should be the top choice eliminating the price factor.

1. engine and torque - highest in the class
    2. ride - strada was the best in the class until navara came. why? to smoothen the ride of strada i replace the rear absorbers with OME shocks. but before that its like a horse.
    3. ground clearance - hi-lux and strada looks tall? don't be deceived by the looks. go measure the actual ground clearance (stock to stock) and navara is higher by almost 2 inches. hi-lux and strada cabins ride on spacers.
    4. dimension and space - should we measure?
    5. engine noise - no comment

to strada owner, lets face it (i used to own one to, 4x4 also) the new kid is in the town and it's smoking the other pick-ups in every department. this is why after having my strada for 1 1/2 year was sold out in favor of navara.

until now my navara is still stock. there are no reason for me to replace this and this. again, for those would-be buyers it's still best to have a test drive and don't just believe that this one has the best ride, etc. since most likely those individuals who writes and recommends must be speaking out of what they read on the internet.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
battle of the pick ups