New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    a would be buyer should conduct a test drive.

not to raise navara's ante but i will state reasons why navara is and should be the top choice eliminating the price factor.

1. engine and torque - highest in the class
    2. ride - strada was the best in the class until navara came. why? to smoothen the ride of strada i replace the rear absorbers with OME shocks. but before that its like a horse.
    3. ground clearance - hi-lux and strada looks tall? don't be deceived by the looks. go measure the actual ground clearance (stock to stock) and navara is higher by almost 2 inches. hi-lux and strada cabins ride on spacers.
    4. dimension and space - should we measure?
    5. engine noise - no comment

to strada owner, lets face it (i used to own one to, 4x4 also) the new kid is in the town and it's smoking the other pick-ups in every department. this is why after having my strada for 1 1/2 year was sold out in favor of navara.

until now my navara is still stock. there are no reason for me to replace this and this. again, for those would-be buyers it's still best to have a test drive and don't just believe that this one has the best ride, etc. since most likely those individuals who writes and recommends must be speaking out of what they read on the internet.
    +1 on this.
    As to the ground clearance. The Navara claims the highest, but if you will consider its 'breakover angle', it may end up same result. I'm not sure if you/others will agree on this.

But still, if I were to choose, I'll go for the Navara.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    After gettin my navara in the morning i went right away to Banawe to have accessories installed.. Pioneer 2 din DVD with rear reverse camera (night vision), HID 6000K Hi/Low 3500K forlights, Bedliner , EGR windor visor etc .. It rained kaya nadumihan but blessing yun..hehe

Compared my montero, it has stronger brakes & a more quiet engine but the acceleration of the montero is quicker
    Binura mo yung NUMBER 8 mong Plate ha.. Bakit takot habulin ng Ombudsman?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    No brainer... The Nissan Navara takes this one w/o a doubt, thats why its number 1 locally. And Nissan pick ups globally have been known to receive the highest admiration among other Japanese made pick ups (eg. Titan, Navara).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    +1 for navara..

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    What if its bet. the "faclifted" 2010 Ranger trekker v.s. Navarra 4x2? Which one is better for hauling cargo in the bed, passenger comfort and for fording the metro's perennial floods?

Looks - I like the facelifted Ranger better, although the brute front appearance of the Navarra is also attractive. Navarra's side and rear views look too slab sided, imho.

Space (cargo and passenger cabin) - The Navarra wins in the interior space. Ranger has a reputation of being cramped.

Engine power - Based on specs fr. brochure, navarra has more but ranger is quite close. But in actual performance, which one has the edge?

P.S. I like how the Ford website included "ranger development" which shows the extent of testing that the Ranger has undergone. It has been tested in many parts of the world, at different temperatures, conditions, trailer towing, etc....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    check niyo sa youtube hilux vs navarra

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    It would be more helpful to just post the video itself here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCfSv-2Tys"]YouTube - hilux VS navara[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mazda BT-50 SVP

3.0L 156hp 380NM of torque 5 speed manual 999k.

In person the BT-50 looks good IMHO.

Very practical and for sure, a performer.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Navara vs. Hilux
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDGQ3QNM9E&feature=related"]YouTube - Toyota Hilux Vigo Prerunner VS Nissan Navara 4WD 2[/ame]

Navara 220 km/h
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS_XSDUMAp8"]YouTube - navara 220km/h[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    grabe lapit na mag-red line!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
battle of the pick ups