New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Tsikoters,

I'm looking to buy for M/T base model SUV kc un lng kaya ng budget and I tried asking sa mga SA of different manufacturers kung ano mga last price nila and came up with below. I'm planning to keep this forever like 10 years . My priority sa car (in order) is Running Cost (i.e. Maintenance cost) within casa years and outside, Reliability (un tipong pag nasiraan ka anywhere kahit papano may mabibili ka na spare parts), Fuel Consumption and last na ang looks kc subjective nmn.

Here is what I canvassed so far:

Ford Everest 2.2 Amiente = ~1.320 Mill
    MUX 2.5 LS-A = ~1.350Mill (old stock)
    MUX 1.9 LS = ~1.300 Mill
    Montero GLX = ~1.300 Mill

Discounted price na mga yan. To those who already bought one or have experienced driving one please share me your thoughts. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I was curious why TS did not include the Fortuner. Apparently, the cheapest Fortuner is: 4x2 2.4 G Dsl M/T Php 1,592,000

Are you buying this in cash or financing? Personally, none of the above ako.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bolog View Post
    Tsikoters,

I'm looking to buy for M/T base model SUV kc un lng kaya ng budget and I tried asking sa mga SA of different manufacturers kung ano mga last price nila and came up with below. I'm planning to keep this forever like 10 years . My priority sa car (in order) is Running Cost (i.e. Maintenance cost) within casa years and outside, Reliability (un tipong pag nasiraan ka anywhere kahit papano may mabibili ka na spare parts), Fuel Consumption and last na ang looks kc subjective nmn.

Here is what I canvassed so far:

Ford Everest 2.2 Amiente = ~1.320 Mill
    MUX 2.5 LS-A = ~1.350Mill (old stock)
    MUX 1.9 LS = ~1.300 Mill
    Montero GLX = ~1.300 Mill

Discounted price na mga yan. To those who already bought one or have experienced driving one please share me your thoughts. Thanks!
    Based in your needs, my suggestion is mu-X 1.9 engine.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Does it need to have 7 seats? Does it need to be a diesel?

If you want an all-around family hauler with a diesel engine, I guess nothing beats an Innova. The Innova can do what most PPVs can do. It even has a decent engine. For 1.3M, you can get an automatic Innova already.

If 5 seats will do, CUVs offer better ride, comfort, and handling than PPVs. However, only the gas Tucson and Sportage 4x2 are your only options for around 1.3M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; April 20th, 2018 at 06:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I was curious why TS did not include the Fortuner. Apparently, the cheapest Fortuner is: 4x2 2.4 G Dsl M/T Php 1,592,000

Are you buying this in cash or financing? Personally, none of the above ako.

Exactly. Price is out of my league

Financing * 50% Down for 4 years.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Does it need to have 7 seats? Does it need to be a diesel?

If you want an all-around family hauler with a diesel engine, I guess nothing beats an Innova. The Innova can do what most PPVs can do. It even has a decent engine. For 1.3M, you can get an automatic Innova already.

If 5 seats will do, CUVs offer better ride, comfort, and handling than PPVs. However, only the gas Tucson and Sportage 4x2 are your only options for around 1.3M.

Yes sir. It has to be both 7 seater and diesel. I need high ground clearance and rugged chasis kc taga bundok kami

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    tagabundok? best 1st gear na manual is mux....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bolog View Post
    Yes sir. It has to be both 7 seater and diesel. I need high ground clearance and rugged chasis kc taga bundok kami
    There is only an inch difference in ground clearance between an Innova versus a Fortuner. The Innova is based on a similar platform as the Fortuner. By the way, the Innova has the new 2.8L diesel engine of the top-spec Fortuner unlike the base model Fortuners which only has the smaller 2.4L.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    There is only an inch difference in ground clearance between an Innova versus a Fortuner. The Innova is based on a similar platform as the Fortuner. By the way, the Innova has the new 2.8L diesel engine of the top-spec Fortuner unlike the base model Fortuners which only has the smaller 2.4L.

Just to add, if the looks of the Innova is OK with you, you can save a lot by going with a manual J or E diesel.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012

Thanks sir for the suggestion but as I said I'm looking for a more rugged vehicle. Kaya out of the list na ang innova.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast