New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Personally I've gotten used to the odd taillights of the Montero and I don't think that's the biggest problem with it's aesthetics. For me, it's the lack of a rear spoiler that makes the back of the low-end Monteros look very awkward. Adding a spoiler does wonders to improve its rear aesthetics. The cover on the tail lamps helps too but it's really secondary to the spoiler.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Hmmm oo nga noh. Ngayon ko lang napansin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Innova is the vehicle most people need but its looks is not what most people want. Buyers end up bringing home a PPV instead.

The Innova still outsells all other PPVs except the Fortuner though, so there's still a market for it. I still think it's the most practical car in the Philippines, though it has gotten expensive.

But I agree that the Innova has zero appeal compared to the macho PPVs so I understand why many buyers would go for the latter.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Innova still outsells all other PPVs except the Fortuner though, so there's still a market for it. I still think it's the most practical car in the Philippines, though it has gotten expensive.

But I agree that the Innova has zero appeal compared to the macho PPVs so I understand why many buyers would go for the latter.

Mas marami ako nakikitang Innova kumpara sa MUX at Trailblazer.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post

Yup, the Innova was the 3rd best selling car in the country for 2017.

Kahit pagsamahin benta ng MUX and Trailblazer kulang pa rin.

Last edited by jut703; April 20th, 2018 at 10:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post

Power to weight and the toyota badge of reliability perhaps? 80% my next purchase will be a toyota

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have the old montero glx mt. No problems naman. The new one is has the best engine in terms of HP and torque. Ganda rin ng turbo niya at porma. For me, montero.

But the new MUX 1.9 LSA is also interesting. Almost the same specs as the higher speced 3.0 except for the leather seats. Led lights and may 10in screen pa sa 2nd row. In terms of power, per spec mas malakas pa siya sa old 2.5 MUX and even the current 2.4 fortuner. Reviews have been positive rin.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    One important factor is familiarity of a mechanic in case your unit breaks down later on. Sanay mga mekaniko sa toyota, mitsubishi. Pwede na rin siguro ang isuzu. Last on the list is Ford, maraming nahihirapan kung ford aayusin. Happened first hand when my father-in-law’s focus tdci emitted black smoke. Naka-2 talyer na magkaiba sinabi. Finally had to bring back sa casa. Ayun bumigay transmission na pala

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I really like the MUX. On paper the new engine seems to be great, offering decent power and promising great gas mileage. But the RZ4E is a relatively new engine that has just been introduced in the country. While the novelty is great and all, I'd much rather wait out a bit until it proves its worth, or at least till more reviews come out before considering one. Call me old or traditionalist or whatever, but we used to have a 4JX1 Trooper, you see... It was classy and the engine, being one of the first mass-market commonrails to hit the market at a time when rotary type injection was the norm, was cutting-edge modern for its time. but we all know what happened next. I play safe now. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    A very big ouch for buying a trooper. A colleague had endless headaches when he also bought a bnew one before

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Admittedly, it wasn't as bad as some others here have experienced, and was fairly reliable during its time with us. Injectors and TPS were replaced free of charge. Though the turbo did also give out in its time with us and we had to pay for that. Had to always use Isuzu-prescribed Besco 10W30 motor oil during oil changes too. Sold it at 9 years and 73tkms of age before it could have the opportunity to stall in the middle of the road or something like the horror stories other Tsikoteers have shared. [emoji23]

Reason I brought this up was because it would seem that the TS lives in the province, where parts and technical know how for latest engines may not be as abundant yet. It would therefore be more prudent to get something that is already proven in the local market.

*TS: Not considering used? Perhaps if you do, you may be able to get a nice 3.0 MUX. Now that would be very ideal indeed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast