New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    turbo will die down early in bumper manila traffic, better get the ecosport na lang

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't think so. If that's the case, most PPVs would now have broken turbos. I drive almost daily my Fiesta Ecoboost and for 2 years, it is still performing well. Newer turbos (water-cooled) are much more reliable than the older oil-cooled turbos.

The TOTL Ecosport is priced at 988k. For less than 100k more, you can get yourself a bigger vehicle, more refined, and offers much better performance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    naku water-cooled pa pala, mas delikado ka tumirik dyan pag napasok ang coolant sa intake

i have a mild leak ng oil ngaun sa SF ko coz hindi gano nahahataw, the droplets of oil naman burns sa intake process pero mapansin mo talaga rough ang engine

but if water yan sa Escape, tsk tsk water can do so much damage sa cylinders

kaya ako ayoko ng ng turbo car for city drive. buy these things if you travel slex, nlex or higheays everyday

----

tsaka triple system sirs dyan - engine itself, engine cooling system, turbocharger

unlike oil. minsan oil sump lang ayusin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Most new gas turbos are water-cooled already, not sure about diesel turbos. Our VW Jetta 1.6TDi is also water-cooled.

Are there new turbo cars which still use oil-cooled systems?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Escape is better vehicle than the ASX. It's like being offered a CRV for the same price as an HRV, or a CX5 for a CX3.

... and the resale value of a Volvo ...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Most new gas turbos are water-cooled already, not sure about diesel turbos. Our VW Jetta 1.6TDi is also water-cooled.

Are there new turbo cars which still use oil-cooled systems?

You do realise that you're arguing with a troll ...

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    I don't think so. If that's the case, most PPVs would now have broken turbos. I drive almost daily my Fiesta Ecoboost and for 2 years, it is still performing well. Newer turbos (water-cooled) are much more reliable than the older oil-cooled turbos.

The TOTL Ecosport is priced at 988k. For less than 100k more, you can get yourself a bigger vehicle, more refined, and offers much better performance.
    Agree with this one. Ford's reliability issues are overblown. My good friend's 2006 Focus is still running well (not an ecoboost though), and besides replacing wear and tear parts, still no mechanical issues.

I haven't heard of any recent issues from the blue oval besides the Ecosport/Fiesta DCT and the Ranger's turbo. This bad rep just tends to spillover to the rest of the lineup.

Much bigger, safer, and overall better car than the Ecosport while getting similar fuel consumption.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ... and the resale value of a Volvo ...
    I am not sure if everybody is buying cars for the purpose of selling it later. If you get a car with a big discount, I think it already covers the perceived losses you will have in the case you will sell it later to fund another vehicle.

Besides, CUVs have low resale value same as midsize cars. If the TS is considering resale value for a car worth 1M nowadays, he might be better off with a City or Vios (or he can spend more to get a new Innova). Even compacts nowadays have lower resale value compared to subcompacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You do realise that you're arguing with a troll ...
    Point taken, sir. Will not consider his replies.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I am not sure if everybody is buying cars for the purpose of selling it later. If you get a car with a big discount, I think it already covers the perceived losses you will have in the case you will sell it later to fund another vehicle.

Besides, CUVs have low resale value same as midsize cars. If the TS is considering resale value for a car worth 1M nowadays, he might be better off with a City or Vios (or he can spend more to get a new Innova). Even compacts nowadays have lower resale value compared to subcompacts.
    Personally, resale value takes a backseat if the car is something that I really like. I'd get a Mazda 2 over a Vios even if the Vios will sell higher in the used car market.

But between two cars that I don't like very much, resale value becomes a factor as well. For example, there's nothing nice about the Escape relative to other CUVs except that it's really cheap right now. But even if you compare it to other CUVs, its resale value will be much lower because noone knows about the car and noone wants it.

As in the example I gave earlier, if you get a RAV4 for 1.2M and compare it to a 1.1M Escape, the RAV4 will come out cheaper once you consider resale costs because the RAV4 will sell over 100k more than the Escape in the used car market. That's how exceptionally bad the Escape's resale value is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Escape is not the best crossover out there, but in terms of refinement, it's among the best in the class. I think the back seat suffers a bit in comparison to vehicles like the Fozzie and the CR-V, and the CX5 is still better in terms of vehicle dynamics... (but the Escape is surprisingly good in this regard, too)... if you can get one for just ASX money, it's a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Agree with this one. Ford's reliability issues are overblown. My good friend's 2006 Focus is still running well (not an ecoboost though), and besides replacing wear and tear parts, still no mechanical issues.

I haven't heard of any recent issues from the blue oval besides the Ecosport/Fiesta DCT and the Ranger's turbo. This bad rep just tends to spillover to the rest of the lineup.

Much bigger, safer, and overall better car than the Ecosport while getting similar fuel consumption.
    The turbo issues are supposedly solved with the current generation, though I'm still waiting to hear if new cases have cropped up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Niky did a review of the Escape SE 1.6L Ecoboost earlier this year. He summed up the predicament of the Escape in our local market thru his verdict.

"The Escape is an exceptional product, but one with a big problem. A problem spelled E-V-E-R-E-S-T. That monumental new truck is hogging the lion's share of showroom sales and marketing spending, leaving the Escape to cater to a small subset of Ford buyers who need something bigger than a sedan but don't fancy a non-diesel EcoSport. With no base variant below this P1.49-million SE EcoBoost to draw buyers away from the P1.3-million Everest Ambiente, the Escape will likely remain a rare sight on our roads."

FordPH had to do some drastic discounts to get some sales on the unit. I think FordPH had to price the model at such a price to get buyers of midtrim compacts (1M to 1.1M) to consider a CUV instead.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast