New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    with 400k discount --- the Escape 1.6L is now cheaper than the ASX.

Escape is a newer design, bigger, and better equipped. Personally I'm inclined to go with the escape.

BUT horror stories of palpak Ford aftersales makes this not an easy decision.

What do you think? Which would you choose and why?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ganun kamura escape wow! so less than 1.1M sya with all bells whistles, wprth nga

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Well, Mitsubishi's quality isn't that good either so it's a tough choice. Ford seems to be improving but they still have costly PMS.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post

Escape is a newer design, bigger, and better equipped. Personally I'm inclined to go with the escape.

If youre prepared to swallow 5km/l ... then get the 1.6T

They have the worst turbo petrol engines...their upcoming ecoblue engines are promising though

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

The Escape is better vehicle than the ASX. It's like being offered a CRV for the same price as an HRV, or a CX5 for a CX3.

Ford Manila Bay is one of the better dealerships in term of service. Ford Club Philippines members go there for PMS during warranty periods. After warranty, it's a choice between Powertorq (QC) for those in the north area of Metro Manila or FordMaz (Paranaque) for those in the south.

The FC might be a concern. You're looking at around 6-7 km/L. However, most CUVs are not that thrifty in fuel consumption in bumper to bumper traffic. If fuel expense is such a concern, get a small car or a diesel-powered vehicle.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 1st, 2016 at 10:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004

No contest. The Escape is a better car.

The only question is the longevity of the turbo (but then, this is a concern with any new turbo engine, gasoline or diesel). Thankfully, the transmission is a traditional six speed automatic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Where did you get this scoop? I'll get the Escape in a heartbeat if I had that spare change today, who cares if it drinks gas. The 400k savings can buy me 11,000 liters of gas. Transmission isn't a DCT so no jerking issues. Rear AC vents and 7 airbags are also a bonus.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So what is the final price after the Php 400k discount? Is it across all Ford dealerships?

The engine is a 1.6 Li. Ecoboost so you'll still get 5-6 km/li?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Where did you get this scoop? I'll get the Escape in a heartbeat if I had that spare change today, who cares if it drinks gas. The 400k savings can buy me 11,000 liters of gas. Transmission isn't a DCT so no jerking issues. Rear AC vents and 7 airbags are also a bonus.
    It is not a scoop. Ford has been offering discounts for the Escape SE 1.6L Ecoboost since late May and early June. The discount is even offered for loan applications (0 DP or no cash out for the usual 20% DP 60 month loan term).

Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    So what is the final price after the Php 400k discount? Is it across all Ford dealerships?

The engine is a 1.6 Li. Ecoboost so you'll still get 5-6 km/li?
    400k discount brings down the price to 1.09M but as per the offer to the TS in another post, it is offered at 1.059M (431k less than the SRP of 1.49M).

The Escape comes with a 1.6L turbo engine, not the usual NA (naturally aspirated) engine. The power and torque output is similar to 2.5L NA engines. Ford Ecoboost engines tend to spool their turbos early (below 2000 rpm) so if you want to save more on gas in city (bumper to bumper) traffic, keep the rpms in check or you keep spooling that turbo. Its edge over NA-powered CUVs is that you have max torque (250Nm) available just before hitting 2000rpm.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    turbo will die down early in bumper manila traffic, better get the ecosport na lang

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast