New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    If it's for your staff, then get the Alto.

If it's for yourself - I'd go withthe Getz CRDi. The Picanto looks a tad bit too feminine for me though.

medjo feminine nga. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Here's a review of the Alto from India. I test drove the Alto last week, both the STD and DLX. The power steering or EPS of the DLX has no advantage over the manual version. Parang pareho lang ang steering effort. The power locks naman is also not needed kasi your arm can reach the other 3 door locks without any effort or stretching! For me I'll go with the Alto STD and spend the extra 130K on a 2-DIN DVD player with LCD Screen. he he

2007 Suzuki Alto aka Maruti Alto of India...

New Delhi, March 6, 2007. In its journey to win millions of hearts, Alto, the country’s highest selling car has achieved spectacular sales of two lakh units (200,000 units) in the last 11 months.

This makes Alto the first car in India to cross 2 lakh domestic sales in a fiscal. Of this, one lakh sales have come in just five months (150 days).

Alto has emerged as India’s most loved car as it combines unmatched fuel efficiency, contemporary design and looks, and conveniences like Electronic Power Steering and air-conditioning.

In October last year, Alto sold a whopping 22,294 units. That was the highest ever domestic sales achieved by any car in India in a month.

Since its launch in India in September 2000, over 6.25 lakh Alto cars have been sold in the domestic market. Additionally, over 1.25 lakh Alto cars have been exported.

Supported by some of the finest advertising campaigns like `Lets Go’ and `Boondon Mein’, Alto has been a bestseller almost from the day it was launched. In October 2006, Alto’s “Boondon Mein” TV commercial was accorded the Silver medal at the prestigious EFFIE Award 2006.

Besides, over the years, Maruti has introduced several variants of Alto to cater to the demands of entry level buyers. A limited edition Alto in April 2003, a face-lift in July 2005 and a special edition Alto “X-fun” edition to coincide with 5 lakh sales in November 2006, kept up the excitement in the brand.

Awards and accolades

Along with being the customer’s most loved car, the Alto has also been a favourite of experts.

In its launch year, it received several accolades, such as Car of the Year and Most Exciting New Car of the Year from reputed auto magazines.

Alto again shot into the limelight when it became the first Indian car to undergo a “24-hour endurance test” and set 13 national records for speed and performance.

Sales of Alto have grown at an accelerated pace since it was launched.

It achieved
    · First 1 lakh in 37 months
    · 1 lakh to 2 lakh in 12 months
    · 2 lakh to 3 lakh in 10 months
    · 3 lakh to 4 lakh in 7 months
    · 4 lakh to 5 lakh in 6 months and the journey from
    · 5 lakh to 6 lakh in 5 months

Owing to improved efficiencies and effective cost control initiatives, Maruti has been able to offer an attractive, contemporary and feature-rich car like the Alto at attractive prices.

Just over six years after its launch, “the hottest little thing” of year 2000 continues to be India’s hottest selling car.

Lets GO... ALTO.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    what about ours car reviews...anybody?? may nakapag test drive na ba share your observation pls dami din nag aabang, our taste of car might be different from the indians and besides that review is from india and the car is manufactured in india so what to expect...car experts your finding plss!...regarding this promising practical/economical/affordable car...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    i don't know about the alto, but its the Getz over the Picanto. medyo delikado na ang picanto sa highways. you can get a 1.1Getz for around 480k nalang i think.. good enough for city driving, and since magisa lang naman siya and
    wala naman masyadong cargo i think kaya na nya yun.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    The alto has a league on its own, I don't think it's comparable to the two other models, but I'd rather have the Getz among the three pero kung talagang tipids to the max alto, while picanto is just at the median..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo delikado na ang picanto sa highways
    The Getz and Picanto share the same basic bones. The Getz does have the advantage of the availability of larger engines (1.4 and 1.5).

The Alto feels two generations behind the Koreans.

I'd take the Getz 1.4 A/T.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung bibigay lang nman po sa staff ni mam palagay ko ok na yung alto sir. kaso konti nalang kasi getz na po makukuha nyo. hehe no comment po sa picanto.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Getz and Picanto share the same basic bones. The Getz does have the advantage of the availability of larger engines (1.4 and 1.5).

The Alto feels two generations behind the Koreans.

I'd take the Getz 1.4 A/T.

speaking of Getz1.4 A/T. may "downgrade" version na po sya. same ang exterior with the Getz 1.1. meaning wala po foglight, rear wiper, tsaka d pa po power sidemirror. it is price at 558,000 with a disount of 10,000 so magiging 548,000 po sya. yung "high end" po kasi na Getz 1.4 A/T is 578,000

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    eto na lang.. pwede pa magsakay ng stocks sa business.. mas mura pa.. 180k lang ang bago

swerte naman yung staff nyo..buti pa sya may kotse na brand new na i drive..ako wala..ehhehe..
    Di ba Norkis Legacy iyan? Sino ba ang distributor niyan sa Maynila? Meron na
    bang test report niyan? Anybody who wants to post a test report on the Norkis unit? Mura na siya, makakatulong pa tayo sa mangagawang Pilipino.

"Here's a review of the Alto from India. I test drove the Alto last week, both the STD and DLX. The power steering or EPS of the DLX has no advantage over the manual version. Parang pareho lang ang steering effort. The power locks naman is also not needed kasi your arm can reach the other 3 door locks without any effort or stretching!"

Hello Joey Caro, Thanks for the info. I think its very useful. I thought the power steering was very important, but it seems I can buy the unit without power steering. Which reminds me, my first car was a suzuki fronte (1983) and it has no power steering. My second car was a kia pride( 1994) and again no power steering.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    [URL]
    the picanto and getz are overpriced and overrated cars..you are better off buying a vios instead of picanto or getz
    Cough cough. A large number of Picanto and Getz owners would disagree. What is the basis of your sweeping conclusion? driven either of these cars? talked at length to people who own these cars? or just pulling conclusions out of your ass like always?

Both the Picanto and Getz sell well in the UK as city cars. Hardly what one would expect from "overpriced and overrated." Also if you read niky's review of the Alto, he does say that the Getz is a much larger and more substantial car than the Alto.

Besides if you compare the Getz and Vios J:

for 578K you get a 1.4L automatic transmission Getz with all power amenities. An entry-level Vios costs 553K and only has power steering. No power locks or windows, a less desirable sedan body (vs hatchback), manual transmission, 1.3L engine. So.. which car seems overrated and overpriced by comparison?
    Last edited by orly_andico; May 15th, 2007 at 01:05 AM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Alto vs. Picanto vs. Getz