New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i think the alto and getz/picanto are not in the same type of vehicles..

the alto is a kei car.. while the getz/picanto is a subcompact.. getz/picanto is in the same type of vehicle like that of a toyota vios..

even the daihatsu charade is not a kei car.. rather its the daihatsu mira (engine of which is used by norkis legacy/privacy), is the one that's a kei car..

kei cars are supposed to be small and cheap.. so its baseless to compare it with non kei cars..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    wanna learn kei car rule? search wiki for that.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you can't find the standard, no biggie. Kung girl ang gagamit, the non-power-steering rack of the standard will be a pain in her butt during parking maneuvers (I know I've said it was okay once the car was moving a bit, but it's tiring to park if you don't have manly arms... ).

I think the addition of power steering and windows is worth the extra 40k... but if you can get that discounted...
    Paano ba makumbinsi ang dealers to give a discount?

I tried the steering of the standard Alto mukhang okay naman. Pati wife ko pinasubukan ko, wala naman siyang reklamo. Actually mas excited pa nga siya dito sa Alto. When I told her that I will be looking at an Alto, she volunteered to accompany me. She never bothered to accompany me when I bought my STi and the Fortuner. She was also excited when I bought the Jumbo Starex. Iba talaga ang preferences ng mga babae. Siguro namiss na niya magdrive. Dati kasi noong Suzuki Fronte pa and after a while Kia Pride ang kotse ko, palagi niyang hiniram iyon pag naggrocery. Ngayon di na siya nagdradrive kasi may driver na atsaka nahihirapan daw siya.Mas gusto daw niya magdrive noong maliit pa ang kotse namin. I have a feeling, gagamitin niya itong Alto once in a while.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang panget. Mukhang kariton na nilagyan ng gulong. Pero pwede na kung super gipit na talaga.

Pero ako, i won't settle for that.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post

usually yun mga entry level mahirap na bigyan ng discounts kasi talagang sagad na.

sabi nga noon bayaw ko car salesman, mas ok pa daw magbenta sa mga bumibili ng high end cars kasi hindi gaanong makulit kaysa sa mga bumibili ng vios. mga buyers daw ng vios kulang na lang may utang na loob pa sila sa buyer sa sobra humingi ng freebies, incentives and discounts talagang pinaparamdam daw ng sobrang laki ng nilabas nila pera at 500K+ or below. pero kung malalman lang nila mga buyers ng 1M+ cars, kung minsan sila pa mga car salesmen nililibre sa lunch at tini-tipan

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    usually yun mga entry level mahirap na bigyan ng discounts kasi talagang sagad na.

sabi nga noon bayaw ko car salesman, mas ok pa daw magbenta sa mga bumibili ng high end cars kasi hindi gaanong makulit kaysa sa mga bumibili ng vios. mga buyers daw ng vios kulang na lang may utang na loob pa sila sa buyer sa sobra humingi ng freebies, incentives and discounts talagang pinaparamdam daw ng sobrang laki ng nilabas nila pera at 500K+ or below. pero kung malalman lang nila mga buyers ng 1M+ cars, kung minsan sila pa mga car salesmen nililibre sa lunch at tini-tipan

wala namang namimilit sa kanya magbenta ng mura.. e di high end car na lang ibenta nya.. para limited ang market nya..

hirap kase sa ganyan.. brand new na nga binibili mo may mga nananaga pa din na salesman..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I visited 2 dealers today. Wala silang stock noong standard model. Pero marami silang stock noong deluxe. They have been trying to upsell me into getting the deluxe model pero ayaw ko. Sayang pa kasi iyong 40k. Bibilhin ko nalang ng mags iyon. I also compared it side by side with a Getz and my impression is the build quality of the Getz is better. Mapapansin mo talaga sa transmission. Parang short throw at saka swabe ang getz. Aside from the fact that it is bigger. But I resisted the temptation. Wala pang discount ang alto and aside from the matting, there are no freebies. but it is still 100K cheaper than the Getz. It seems that most people who buy the Alto are really very price sensitive. Ayaw magbigay ng 40K more for the deluxe. Initially mas marami daw silang stock nang standard model. pero mas nauna naubos kesa sa deluxe.

i think something is fishy is going in sales department.. i have a feeling that they are hoarding the stocks again because in a couple of months they will be selling this at a ridiculous price as that of a picanto or getz..

oh well..only in the philippines..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IMHO, Japanese engine, with a Japanese heritage, the only thing is it's made in India?

Most Korean engines are based on Japanese engines... ika-nga... Japanese heritage... but they're made in Korea... and so?

You've already been warned... flame-baiting and off-topic ka nanaman. You might find yourself banned from yet another motoring site...

I tried the steering of the standard Alto mukhang okay naman. Pati wife ko pinasubukan ko, wala naman siyang reklamo. Actually mas excited pa nga siya dito sa Alto. When I told her that I will be looking at an Alto, she volunteered to accompany me. She never bothered to accompany me when I bought my STi and the Fortuner. She was also excited when I bought the Jumbo Starex. Iba talaga ang preferences ng mga babae. Siguro namiss na niya magdrive. Dati kasi noong Suzuki Fronte pa and after a while Kia Pride ang kotse ko, palagi niyang hiniram iyon pag naggrocery. Ngayon di na siya nagdradrive kasi may driver na atsaka nahihirapan daw siya.Mas gusto daw niya magdrive noong maliit pa ang kotse namin. I have a feeling, gagamitin niya itong Alto once in a while.
    Haha... pati naman friend ko na naka-Fronte dati nai-intriga sa Alto... brings back lots of memories daw...

Well, if she finds the steering okay, then I guess the base model is okay. I still feel that the price difference is justified by the extra stuff you get. Save up nalang ulit for the mags and tires, or get those from a suking shop via post-dated checks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    How the Picanto, Alto and the Getz are rated by TopGear.

Amongst the three, the Alto was rated lowest while the Picanto got the highest rating among the three.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    How the Picanto, Alto and the Getz are rated by TopGear.

Amongst the three, the Alto was rated lowest while the Picanto got the highest rating among the three.

with a cheap car like alto, of course you won't expect much in craftsmanship and driving experience..

people who buy alto only go for a basic car that goes from point a to point b..

look at how top gear weighted their criteria

Build quality (22%)
    Craftsmanship (22%)
    Driving experience (19%)
    Ownership costs (17%)
    Service received (20%)

--

they give high weight to BUILD QUALITY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP.. alto buyers care less about build quality and craftsmanship.. what alto buyers want is ownership cost.. which is the lowest weight..

so this topgear survey does not cater to the needs of alto buyers..

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Alto vs. Picanto vs. Getz