New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores View Post
    On a 300K budget,

• Anu ba best na mabibili kong used Getz and used Jazz?
    • Also, what do you think is the better buy sa dalawa?

t

So far ang nakikita ko ay usually as young as 2 years old Getz 1.1 MT with as low as 20Tkm odo. and for Jazz (local), 2005 aroun 60Tkm odo. Though I am not sure if these are the best offers na at this price range.
    I was also in the same situation back in 2005. Which one to choose, both brand new units, 1.1 getz * 420k, while 1.3 jazz was 560k then, both MT. So, I chose 1.1 getz, unfortunately after owning it for a few months, 2x ako bumabalik sa casa for the replacement of engine/transmission support, we kept in complaining also the rattling sound under the chassis. we were frustrated at the time that we felt na talagang nagkamali kami sa pagpili ng brand new car na binili. Anyway, ginamit na lang namin yung getz for city driving till we sell it in 2010 with plenty of minor problems on it. Early this year, we acquired a 2001 honda fit, from port irene, this car is solid and still perform well and even comparable to our 2012 honda city, both with 1.3 engine. what i am just pointing out is that we really made a big mistake in choosing the getz over the jazz in 2005. I am not advising the TS to buy a second hand fit source from port irene but buying a second hand local jazz may be a wise decision. It's just me though....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thanks Gti, shelu, rmsoriano and the rest for giving your 2 cents on this one. Definitely, the Jazz is the superior car. If I am being honest, I really really like the Jazz. I see myself driving one and have been liking it ever since Ive started looking at these small-er cars. I guess the reason that I am pitting it against the Getz is due to the price; a fairly new Getz and a much older Jazz. Also of my ignorance about cars, probably, not knowing how old of a car may be too old already and which one is acceptable. On that note, how young of a Jazz 1.3 MT can I get in this price say we make it PHP 375K max?

I'm a new driver, in fact this shall be the first car I'm gonna own so I'm looking for the overall package, or best bang for the buck, as they say.

Not to make this confusing, but I see 2007-2008 Yaris and Swift at the same price range. I guess I can take advantage of their lower resale value (compared to the Jazz). What do you think about those?

I am not sure if I'm happy that you guys aren't unanimous on this one... But really, thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Jazz is obviously the superior car between the two. All you will have to do is just get in the cabin and find out. The Getz's only true ace against it is the CRDi engine. Now this depends on your priorities. Better performance and lower fuel costs or better looks and interior and lower maintenance costs?

We bought our 2004 Accord 3.0V6 late 2011, when it had 68tkms on the clock. Needless to say, sariwang sariwa. The most important thing to remember in buying 2nd hand cars is to take your time. Don't be too excited everytime you see a car, or immediately whip out your checkbook on the first car you see. Its a buyer's market after all.

Its not a big deal not having airbags and ABS. We grew up in cars that don't have them and we are still here. The ABS is really nice to have though, and really does help, but it is not really necessary. Besides, with a manual transmission diesel (very strong engine braking) car, if you really are in an emergency situation and in dire need of stopping power, you can just downshift to 2nd or 1st... Definitely not good for the car, but works in slowing down the car from high speeds without locking the tires and will most likely save your life.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores View Post
    Thanks Gti, shelu, rmsoriano and the rest for giving your 2 cents on this one. Definitely, the Jazz is the superior car. If I am being honest, I really really like the Jazz. I see myself driving one and have been liking it ever since Ive started looking at these small-er cars. I guess the reason that I am pitting it against the Getz is due to the price; a fairly new Getz and a much older Jazz. Also of my ignorance about cars, probably, not knowing how old of a car may be too old already and which one is acceptable. On that note, how young of a Jazz 1.3 MT can I get in this price say we make it PHP 375K max?

I'm a new driver, in fact this shall be the first car I'm gonna own so I'm looking for the overall package, or best bang for the buck, as they say.

Not to make this confusing, but I see 2007-2008 Yaris and Swift at the same price range. I guess I can take advantage of their lower resale value (compared to the Jazz). What do you think about those?

I am not sure if I'm happy that you guys aren't unanimous on this one... But really, thank you for sharing your wisdom.
    This one looks nice. Honda Jazz MT - 05 | Cars for sale Parañaque | AyosDito.ph

But do take note that if you're getting the Jazz iDSI, don't expect it to ignite your loins. Even the plain Vios is faster.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Bat dka na lng brand new mirage.kontin n lng dagdag mo.wow

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I would always choose the Jazz over the Getz. I owneda 2007 Jazz 1.3 DSI Matic, and it was fast and really roomy. even a medium size ref fitted in.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    you can get a used hyundai i10 maybe 2009 model for a little over 300k
    may warranty pa yun for 2 more years

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by empress20 View Post
    Bat dka na lng brand new mirage.kontin n lng dagdag mo.wow
    what made you say kaunti? base Mirage is 498k. budget is 300k. 200k difference kaunti?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    you can get a used hyundai i10 maybe 2009 model for a little over 300k
    may warranty pa yun for 2 more years
    Hi viper, i also see Getz for the same price as a Hyundai, same age eh.. Im thinking may 2 more years pa na warranty yun.. correct me if im wrong..

in case ganun nga, which would you choose? aint the i10 a lot smaller than the getz?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    I would always choose the Jazz over the Getz. I owneda 2007 Jazz 1.3 DSI Matic, and it was fast and really roomy. even a medium size ref fitted in.
    id always pick the Jazz, money aside. hard to get approved for autofinance for cars beyond 5 years old eh.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    But do take note that if you're getting the Jazz iDSI, don't expect it to ignite your loins. Even the plain Vios is faster.
    This is true, mas may low end torque ang vios kesa sa iDSI jazz, kahit parehas pang 1.3.
    i own an iDSI jazz, compare ko sa torque of the vios cabs i've ridden, mahina low end ng iDSI.

gusto ko din ng Getz CRDi before, kaso parang plain sakin ang interior, kaya Jazz nalang. thats just me.

but do take note na the CRDi Getz is still CRDi, power in a nutshell.
    Goodluck sa pagpili! post some pics TS after mo makabili.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast