The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenThing View Post
    Oh and my jazz was a 2005 local 1st owned

Never buy cvt transmission.. Their disposable
    Hth
    yun nga eh.. gusto nya ng jazz kaso may "budget constraint" 300k lang budget eh... of course well maintained, in good condition jazz will command a higher price.. pag pinilit nya kumuha ng 300k na jazz mahihirapan lang sya..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    how bad are these deals? though not part of the two choices, I wonder how these bigger cars be at the same price point as something like the Jazz? I wouldnt mind snagging these instead.

CRV 2004 A/T 60T odo 358K
    CRV 2004 A/T 90T odo 360K.
    CRV 2003 A/T 50t odo 360K.
    not to mention some Escape, Tucson of the same age/mileage.

would appreciate your inputs.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores View Post
    how bad are these deals? though not part of the two choices, I wonder how these bigger cars be at the same price point as something like the Jazz? I wouldnt mind snagging these instead.

If you're not concerned on fuel economy then mas ok yung malaking sasakyan. Mas kayang tumawid sa baha during rainy season.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I most prefer the Xtrail 200 only (not 200X/250X) of that era. It is a front drive variant of the Xtrail. Personal experience (my cousin's ride)was it's not as guzzler as a CRV gen2.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Well... no.

2nd gen CRV. Grabe reputation niyan. :hysterical:

You're better off with a 1st gen CRV if CRV gusto mo.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We've had three second Gen CR-Vs in the family, and Bigbigcar.com editor Marvin Tan had two. From much experience, they suck gas like nobody's business.

My uncle complained that his 4.0 Explorer was more economical than his 2.4 CR-V.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Well... no.

2nd gen CRV. Grabe reputation niyan. :hysterical:

You're better off with a 1st gen CRV if CRV gusto mo.
    I don't have much personal time with a gen1 CRV, pero totoong mas matipid pa sya? Bakit kaya mas malakas gen2?

Btw, 97-99 CRV had 94 Accord's 2.0L engine 126hp. The latter CRV gen1 (mostly notable with its body colored bumpers) had 2.0L 146hp engine. I, one time, was able to drive a gen1 sound cruiser limited (w/146hp) and it's FC wasn't all that disturbing.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'm hearing you. Ok I noticed then, they are at the 8-10 year old / 60Tkm and up odo range. Di pa ata ako ganun ka brave to opt for those..

I'm fine with the Getz. Just that, wala syang airbag and ABS. How crucial are those stuff ba? How in danger am I at our roads in such a car?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'm hearing you. Ok I noticed then, they are at the 8-10 year old / 60Tkm and up odo range. Di pa ata ako ganun ka brave to opt for those..

I'm fine with the Getz. Just that, wala syang airbag and ABS. How crucial are those stuff ba? How in danger am I at our roads in such a car?
    The Jazz is obviously the superior car between the two. All you will have to do is just get in the cabin and find out. The Getz's only true ace against it is the CRDi engine. Now this depends on your priorities. Better performance and lower fuel costs or better looks and interior and lower maintenance costs?

We bought our 2004 Accord 3.0V6 late 2011, when it had 68tkms on the clock. Needless to say, sariwang sariwa. The most important thing to remember in buying 2nd hand cars is to take your time. Don't be too excited everytime you see a car, or immediately whip out your checkbook on the first car you see. Its a buyer's market after all.

Its not a big deal not having airbags and ABS. We grew up in cars that don't have them and we are still here. The ABS is really nice to have though, and really does help, but it is not really necessary. Besides, with a manual transmission diesel (very strong engine braking) car, if you really are in an emergency situation and in dire need of stopping power, you can just downshift to 2nd or 1st... Definitely not good for the car, but works in slowing down the car from high speeds without locking the tires and will most likely save your life.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    go for getz, for three reasons. first, fuel economy. a 1.1 getz is more efficient than jazz. second, it cost lesser in maintenance. i think no need to expound on this. last and i think the most important, you can get a later model on getz with the same amount of money. masyadong mahal pa ang jazz. you can use the excess of your budget on other things. just my 2 cents.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast