New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfsden View Post
    In regards to the original inquiry. Sa looks, drive experience and advance features lamang talaga si Ford. Pero pang 3-4 years lang ang buhay. Dapat before mag 5 years ibenta mo na dahil ang mamahal ng parts madalas pa hindi available, sa casa lang mabibili so mataas ang price ng spare parts and service.
    For me if you are looking for a second hand car na mad reliable and mura ang cost of ownership, look for Japanese brands like Toyota, Honda or Mitsubishi. Sigurado mural lang replacement parts and always available. Original surplus parts are also available sa Banawe or Evangelista Pasay.
    The Ford Lynx IS a Japanese car. It's a Mazda Familia.

Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    di ba the Lynx and Mazda 323 share platforms? pati rin ba sa engine at parts?

kasi, nung naghanap ako ng air intake flow tube sa Fordland nitong weekend lang, wala silang ganung part.

mahirap nang makahanap ng 323 parts.
    Not the local 323. That's the previous generation. The BJ generation Familia was never sold here, but yes, you can source parts from Japan and Australia for the Lynx.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Ford Lynx IS a Japanese car. It's a Mazda Familia.

Not the local 323. That's the previous generation. The BJ generation Familia was never sold here, but yes, you can source parts from Japan and Australia for the Lynx.
    this one? the BJ series?

yung akin is the previous one.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    this one? the BJ series?

yung akin is the previous one.

Yeah. See the identical doors and mirrors?

-

This is also the same as the Haima Family II, which was sold by Haima briefly. All the under-hood parts are exactly the same, though the Family supposedly has different engine tuning.

-

Granted, some parts now have to be ordered, but most common parts are still readily available from Mazford.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    i wanna buy this 2nd hand car and this is my 1st time to buy, pls advice me adn would really appreciate ur words..
    i just need for personal trip for some gig and stint out of town but im hesitant to buy as i dnt really know what would happen with regards to maintaining this kind of car.. here are the features:

Ford lynx 1999 mdl

manual transmission
    metallic blue
    1.6 liters engine
    Simot air filter
    Headers
    Muffler
    Fuel efficient
    Powerfull engine
    nice performance
    Power windows
    Power door
    Central locking
    Power steering
    Power side mirror
    Clean engine bay
    Cold aircon dala ka jacket
    Test drive all u want
    Body kits
    Pioneer head unit cd,aux,USB port
    17' mags
    Almost new tires
    Good under chassis
    Registered ending 3

Complete legal papers
    OR CR Id open deed of sale

The biggest problem, the Cam Position Sensor, only acts up in exceptionally hot conditions, if at all, but my clubmates report that these problems don't appear to plague late model Lynx owners (2002-2005). Which means that if the previous owner has already had it fixed, it should be okay.

It seems to happen to owners around 30k-50k, I think. It manifests itself by sudden unexplained stalling. After a few minutes, the car will work normally again. This happens because the sensor overheats in heavy traffic or long hot running.

The piece itself costs under 5000 pesos at the Ford Dealership, including installation, so it's not an especially big problem.

The MAF sensor of the Lynx is kind of sensitive, just like on the Sentra. Just give it a good spraying of electrical contact cleaner if it acts up. It's only been reported to act up when you use certain aftermarket air filters (such as Simota) or when installing the Khaos Super Turbo Charger. Malfunctions from air filter installations are only temporary, happening during hard running, and can be avoided by insulating your sensor with aircon insulation (the silver covered foam you can buy at ACE). Malfunctions due to use of Khaos, are sadly, permanent, and require replacement of the sensor.

In fact, it's a good idea to wrap all engine bay electronics with insulation, as it prolongs their life. Especially the Cam sensor. This is what they do at the Tuason Racing School for their Lynx Cup cars after they started having sensor problems during races (because of the in-bay airfilter and the custom headers, the engine bay gets very VERY hot... and since they've done that, they've never had any problems.

Suspension and shocks can be found at Banawe, no problem. They're not any more expensive than for any other car. The Lynx has a reputation for kalampag, but that's mostly because it's very stiff (which is why it handles very well) and it's not really a problem.

The GSi is MT only, right? I don't recommend any old Mazda/Ford with ATs, as these can be a problem when they get old (heck, that's true of any old Japanese car) depending on how well/badly maintained they are. Besides, the Lynx 1.6 AT gets pretty bad fuel consumption (though not as bad as the Optra 1.6 AT, it's reputed to be horrid, nonetheless). The MT should give you no problems.

So, check that everything is in working order, make sure the car runs well in traffic, and you won't have any problems with a secondhand Lynx. Just set P5,000 pesos aside for a possible CPS problem (but don't worry, many people don't experience it), wrap everything electrical in some AC insulation, and enjoy the ride. [/QUOTE]

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
2nd hand Ford Lynx still a good buy?