New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soul987 View Post
    I actually quite like the forester but my main concern is the Maintenance and Parts cost especially since I'm from Cebu and Parts may be scarce and more expensive as compared to the Altis/Civic
    the practical choice beckons.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I actually quite like the forester but my main concern is the Maintenance and Parts cost especially since I'm from Cebu and Parts may be scarce and more expensive as compared to the Altis/Civic
    Meron bang Subaru dealership sa inyo? Kung wala magiging sakit sa ulo lang. CRV 2.0 ayaw? O kaya Tucson CRDi.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    brand-new. i don't like used cars. unless i could rip out all the seats and carpet. just imagine all the dead skin cells embedded in there, by the billions!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    brand-new. i don't like used cars. unless i could rip out all the seats and carpet. just imagine all the dead skin cells embedded in there, by the billions!
    steam cleaning.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    sa yearly nababalita binaha kotse eh mahirap magtiwala. Sugal ang 2nd hand. Mahirap magtiwala sa panahon ngayon.

Pero dapat may ipon kayo. Kasi nakakapikon yung mga nababasa ko pasalo. Bibili kotse hindi naman kaya bayaran.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hello Everyone,

So my company offered a Car Plan to some employees and luckily I was included.

They would sponsor up to 500k and the remaining amount would be handled by me.

I'll be selling my 2014 Focus M/T to add to the amount and also to change to A/T due to traffic. I still cannot decide whether to get a brand new car or second hand(mint) car.

I won't be upgrading to an SUV/MPV since I still prefer driving a sedan and also don't need the space they provide.

Please help me pick which car to buy. Here are my Top picks for the cars, I prefer it to be below 1M.
    1. 11th gen Altis 2.0V (700-800k)
    2. Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2.0V (600-700k)
    3. 9th gen Civic 2.0 (500-600k)
    4. 10th gen Civic 1.8 (800-900k)
    5. Focus Ecoboost (600-700k)
    6. Honda City(Brand New)
    7. Mazda 2(Brand New)

My preference would be
    1. Easy to Drive Daily especially on tight spaces
    2. Fuel Consumption
    3. Space for 4-5
    4. Parts and Maintenance

TIA
    Ayaw mong Accent 1.6 CRDI AT? mahal na ang gas

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Subaru Forester? ... Prepare to budget for evaporator replacement ... It will almost always breakdown within 3-5 years ... It's not a matter of if but when ...

If you can be happy with a Honda or Toyota, get them instead of a Subaru or Mazda ...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sabi ng may ari ng talyer sa banawe na pinapagawan ko, mabili raw ang toyota (altis), dahil maraming piyesa at madali raw kumpunihin.

sales talk?
    or shop talk?

Realtalk po

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Based on the replies, its better to stick with honda/toyota. Add ko sana Lancer GTA but we have a bad experience with Mitsu. Flooded units is not a problem here as long as Cebu Plate Unit yung kukunin since wala masyado baha dito. So its down to Altis 2.0/1.6 and Civic FB/FC. BTW, planning to get a white color.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Of course Brand New is best option if budget is not a problem. However, I think 2nd Hand is also a great option as long as you check everything thoroughly to avoid any hassle. Great thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123