New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    i did inquire 3 weeks ago sa dealership ko sa province before i went back here in overseas, 2017 model with vgt equipped engine. nasa almost 200k discount nila sa msrp ng diesel variant na 2.7M. reservation 100k non-refundable daw, waiting time 2 months depende pa sa kulay

its time to retire the 5 year old montero, with more than 170k kms sa odo sulit na
    17000 liters of diesel... damn... [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    17000 liters of diesel... damn... [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    malamang sobra pa sir kung ave. FC ay 8-9 km/li lang

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    alam nyo tingen ko talaga magpa-reserve na kayo. back in 2015 kasi naisip ko na yan, while others are focused on the Jeep, the LR Defender and the FJ, ako nag-invest sa Pajero. kitam ngaun 200K na lang discount so 2.5M na pala yan ngaun.

mas ma-feel nyo na talaga ang panghihinayang pag nagpunta kayo sa Kyoto Province, the best place in Japan where the ancient landmarks are, so many Pajeros there talaga. when I was in the bus shortly before we were sent to our hotel, para naka-feel ako ng belongingness and pride coz hey that's my car these advanced people the Japs are using

kita mo nga dito yun mga old school ng Australia still prefer the Pajero over this new Montero now

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Agree!
    Plus the TS asked if the Pajero can hold it's own against the current gen of top of the line PPVs.... to me it's a yes.
    thanks for the response sir!

Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    The BK still has its good attributes and is a hardy vehicle with good greenhouse. Pero for me you will not escape comparing especially since you have your lc200. Aside from those already metioned one thing very apparent is that the interior albeit expansive looks dated. No doubt exacerbated by its monotone black.
    yes i want the beige interior sana rather than the monotone black but it seems my color choices (white and 2tone silver) is matched with the black interior

Quote Originally Posted by attorney View Post
    I also want one! Based on looks alone i like it. Haven't driven the new euro4 diesel engine though. Were you able to? Couldnt find a dealer with a test unit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    haven't contacted any dealer yet . thanks for the response sir! i also like its looks

Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    hindi matagtag ang Pajero as compared to any PPV ngaun. and the Pajero dont need those sunthetic diesel oils nor fuel cleaning liquids na nilalagay sa mga PPVs ngsun

i just use Shell Helix 15W-40 for like 1400 per gallon x 2. less than 10 liters lang ang engine oil neto. it has a VIC oil filter model na tig 400 and an air filter that costs only P350. all in all I spend like less than 3k for PMS. its engine can even handle the diesel of those PUV dsicounted line. old school diesel pero you cant leave it behind sa roads, it's 3.2 engine is so powerful even if it has smaller turbo i take than the modern ones.

and yes it is comfy inside with its premium leather seats, ang bigger cabin pa than any PPV. the ohly problem is 3rd row seat, para ka naglalgay ng bangko sa likod, the Pajero is a respected car on streets kasi lagi ako napagbibigyan, lalo na pag bago detail and so shiny.

ive been to Kyoto Japan, and I witnessed na eto pala ang favorite SUV ng mga Japs on ghe province. nagoya, narra and kyoto to be exacts, so many Pajeros there next to the LC Prado which is also very visible in the province regions. the pajero same lang pero may extra side mirror sa hood and of course right hand drive

kung ako swnyo bumile na kayo if your car plan or budget permits you so. it's like investing also as this is the last model of Pajero, could very well become a classic, why' coz it's present all over the world even in countries with deserts. can the current crop of PPVS do that? and syempre since, kahit sino naman muddle class ngsun can afford PPVS like the corollas pf yesteryears, why not buy something of value
    na stands test of time. para maiba naman diba. it will differentiate you from the rest, imagine sa. ay 2017 sales, almost 7,000 Fortuners sold! eh 500k na lang may Pajero ka na, kokonti pa kayo meron, scarcity in economics provides value. why not reflect this value on your taste and presence on the road as well
    thanks for your opinion sir!

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    For the price of the BK get the new Honda Pilot

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    thanks for your response sir! i can remember you also recommended me the LC200 a year ago. I am very happy with it

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by calibre027 View Post

yes i want the beige interior sana rather than the monotone black but it seems my color choices (white and 2tone silver) is matched with the black interior
    may i know anong color ng interiors ng rio grande white, skylark gray at midnight graphite?

we are about to place the order pero nagkakatalo pa kung anong kulay ng exterior/interior almost all our cars are black and para maiba naman this time, i insist on getting either white or gray. gusto ng wife and kids black ulit pero di available, ang meron yung graphite.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    may i know anong color ng interiors ng rio grande white, skylark gray at midnight graphite?

we are about to place the order pero nagkakatalo pa kung anong kulay ng exterior/interior almost all our cars are black and para maiba naman this time, i insist on getting either white or gray. gusto ng wife and kids black ulit pero di available, ang meron yung graphite.
    rio grande white = black
    sapporo silver two tone with skylark gray = black
    midnight graphite = beige

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To answer the TS's question, a resounding yes. It's old school and driving dynamics will be a generation old by now but we have a classic in the making here and it's priced well below what Toyota offers in the same class.

It's also a nostalgic choice for oldies like me who grew up when the Pajero was the car to own (we were one of the first to have a 5-door boxtype circa 1987 and prior to that we had a 3-door circa 1985/86).

I've been scouring for a used BK or CK actually and crazyboy knows the drama i've been going through in getting one just this past year

LSB, i-sangla natin mga bahay natin to buy a Pajero. Hehehe.
    Last edited by vinj; August 5th, 2017 at 11:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    to paraphrase porsche.
    after 20 years, the others will be old cars. but that pajero will still be the pajero.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by calibre027 View Post
    rio grande white = black
    sapporo silver two tone with skylark gray = black
    midnight graphite = beige
    salamat sa info.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    To answer the TS's question, a resounding yes. It's old school and driving dynamics will be a generation old by now but we have a classic in the making here and it's priced well below what Toyota offers in the same class.

It's also a nostalgic choice for oldies like me who grew up when the Pajero was the car to own (we were one of the first to have a 5-door boxtype circa 1987 and prior to that we had a 3-door circa 1985/86).

I've been scouring for a used BK or CK actually and crazyboy knows the drama i've been going through in getting one just this past year

LSB, i-sangla natin mga bahay natin to buy a Pajero. Hehehe.
    thanks for the response sir. How's the second hand market sir? is the bk/ck hard to come by?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast