New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    After months of contemplating, finally narrowed down my choices to yaris and vios, both manual. Toyota for cheap maintenance and parts . Which one should i get? I'll pay for it in cash.

Vios is now priced at 743k but with discount of 45k lto, i can get it for 698k. Yaris is still at 720k but with discount of 18k lto, cash out is only for 702k. I'm in love with the yaris's sporty look plus it's not that common , but i can't get past the idea of the huge discount for vios, the additional features, among them the touchscreen hu, steering audio controls(?), mirror link, etc (is it all worth the price increase of 16k?), and i also love the look of the gen3 . The only down side is its really common but it doesn't bother me at all. Actually i was already decided on vios kaso ng.increase ng price so pasok uli si yaris which was my first choice. Huge dent on my savings so pili pili talaga.

Also, i'm pretty sure its a stupid question coz they both share basically the same platform (sorry first time car owner and a very newbie driver here ) but which is better in terms of handling (fun to drive, nvh), maintenance(?), and fc? I know i should test drive both but when i went to cubao and makati, wala available yaris. I've not yet asked the other dealerships kasi medyo busy.. I've tried vios and ok lng. Haha, and that speaks of my experience a lot.

Should I choose vios with its additional features (not bad on the eyes either) or the stylish yaris?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Handling and FC are just about exactly the same. I've driven the Vios several times and I just got the Yaris for a website review. FC same. Handling the same... or so close that you'd have to drive them back-to-back to discern any difference.

The Yaris 1.3E I had, however, was equipped with a fuel economy computer, and the gauges were nicer than the last Vios E I drove. (which also had no economy computer). That was the AT, however. I don't know if the Yaris 1.3E MT is the same.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yaris for me. The Vios is just so common. The only big loss is the omission of the steering wheel audio controls. But the knobs of Toyota's HU are actually great - much easier to use than the touch screen of the updated Vios. Foglamps are also nice to have, but offer no increase in visibility - more aesthetics than functionality; but you can easily add this later on for less than 10k.

I agree with Niky, the orange gauges of the Yaris are nicer than the blue ones of the Vios. Interestingly, even if they removed a lot of features of the Vios E for the Yaris E, they kept the MID which is very useful if you like monitoring FC like me.

One more thing to note, the Yaris doesn't have a center armrest. A small thing I know, but I use it a lot so it's a shame they had to take it out. I can see why though, the cabin of the Yaris is inherently smaller than the Vios', so they had to cut it out to make more legroom for the middle passenger at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 10th, 2015 at 02:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Go for vios. Masyado maliit ang back compartment ng yaris.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Both are reliable but I will go for Yaris. Like what you've said, hindi common sa street. Sanay na kasi ang mga tao sa Vios, gusto ko kasi medyo unique.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    +1 for Yaris. Since pareho naman ng platform and almost everything else, go for the more stylish one. You get all the convenience of the Vios plus more porma. Maiba naman--para hindi ka mahirapang i-identify sa crowded na parking yung iyo. Also, di naman ganoon kaliit yung compartment. (Unless you're already used to a vehicle with a cavernous trunk or loading space)

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    May aftermarket naman na accessories like HU, Steering wheel controls. Mapapalagay naman yan, pero yung porma, hindi na mababago.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i go for the locally assembled unit (vios?). in the long run, maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts will probably be easier.
    not to mention, we'll be helping the economy.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Yaris. It also gives flexibility to store more items when you fold the rear seats down, plus it looks really good.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yaris... since everything is almost the same, i go for looks..... and i like the looks of the yaris more.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast