New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by santafe33 View Post
    We were also in the same situation about a month ago. We were also choosing between the Santa Fe 2x2 and Trailblazer 4x4 but ended up buying the Santa Fe. Why? Simple. Coz it looks and feels better. I don't really like Trailblazer's design because I think it looks awkward. Actually it's not an American car like what most ppl say, well the first one was but the current generation isn't. Technically, it's a Thailand car. But my dad really likes it because he says na "mas sulit" daw pag TBZ and I guess he's right kase sobrang padami na ng padami ang TBZ around the road and it's getting too common already (like the Montero) that's why a lot of Filipinos prefer it over other competition. But then he saw the Santa Fe in flesh and it was really stunning indeed. It looks and feels like a luxury German SUV and the ride is really nice, smooth and quiet. Di mo talaga aakalain na Diesel kase it's quiet and the engine is really powerful. Plus it's even more efficient than our 2010 Ford Everest. So yeah just got our red merlot unit just last week and we are MORE THAN SATISFIED. The smark key/push start button was also a big plus for me. Plus it looks small on the outside but when you step inside, it's actually roomier than most ladder-frame SUVs. There's little complains sa 3rd row though but in my case, it's not an issue at all kase comfortable din naman umupo don. It has enough leg space and head room for a 5'8 guy like me and I even spent 3 hours sitting there without any discomort when we went to Tarlac. I guess if you're more than 5'11 then di ka pede sa 3rd row. Plus Santa Fe's not too common in the road din so whenever you see one, it's like a rare gem. I think it's because it's a little overpriced but in my opinion, it's all worth it :D

You can watch this review of the SF for more info
    Hyundai Santa Fe SUV review - CarBuyer - YouTube
    I have a question. Did HARI already rectified the "water leak" issue at the 3rd row area?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    From what I've heard only the first few batches of units lang yung affected. Anyway they just had to reseal something at the back and it's fixed. I'm glad our unit doesn't have the issue. It rained hard twice last week and dry naman ung carpet sa likod

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    We own a white SF3 and we bought it 16 months ago. It is nearing 25t km and so far I have no complain about it. If you don’t want to own a “German SUV” that is made in Korea, an SUV that is fast…real fast (tested it to 190km/h), an SUV that handles like a sedan, an SUV that is very frugal on fuel if you want it to (18km/li using ECON and 11km/li when driving a bit aggressively), an SUV that has low NVH (sound like a muffled rolling thunder coming from afar when you’re inside), an SUV that is simply a beauty design-wise then go for the other brand. It is also good.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    TB is also fast na rin, especially with the 2014 models' upgraded engines. niky said before that the TB can now match the acceleration of the SF3 with the upgraded engine

One thing I like with both the TB and the SF3 is that they both employ European CRDi systems TB's engines are sourced from VM Motori Italia, with inputs by GM's American, Thai and Brazilian engineers, while the SF3's engine was jointly engineered by Koreans and Germans

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd get the Santa Fe in a heartbeat if it's mostly for urban use. But then again, there are lots of scenarios where a ladder-frame SUV would be the better choice over a car-based one. Reading the TS' criteria, looks like a ladder-frame SUV is more ideal.

However, as much as the Trailblazer is great in terms of its specs and real-world performance, I honestly find it ugly both inside and out.
    That alone would make me pick an "inferior" Fortuner or Montero Sport if I needed a truck-based SUV.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'd get the Santa Fe in a heartbeat if it's mostly for urban use. But then again, there are lots of scenarios where a ladder-frame SUV would be the better choice over a car-based one. Reading the TS' criteria, looks like a ladder-frame SUV is more ideal.

However, as much as the Trailblazer is great in terms of its specs and real-world performance, I honestly find it ugly both inside and out.
    That alone would make me pick an "inferior" Fortuner or Montero Sport if I needed a truck-based SUV.
    Exactly my point. I mean it really is an awesome loaded SUV with exceptional performance but the looks is just a big turn off for me/for us. Parang trying-hard na awkward na ewan

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by santafe33 View Post
    Exactly my point. I mean it really is an awesome loaded SUV with exceptional performance but the looks is just a big turn off for me/for us. Parang trying-hard na awkward na ewan
    Looks are subjective sirs. Some may find the TB's look as good and macho, some won't. For us TB owners, ok naman looks niya especially the macho look of the front. What we don't like are the use of hard plastics in the interior. Pero come to think of it, the 1st generation Fortuner is also tadtad ng hard plastics sa interior. Ganun kasi yung dating Fortuner ko

Let's not go into bashing of the 2 SUVs. Both TB and SF3 are really great but because of the requirements of Zeph, I would really suggest the TB. A ladder frame SUV fits his requirements and honestly speaking, the TB LTZ 4x4 A/T is the most bang for the buck Thai made ladder frame diesel SUV in the market right now

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Looks are subjective sirs. Some may find the TB's look as good and macho, some won't. For us TB owners, ok naman looks niya especially the macho look of the front. What we don't like are the use of hard plastics in the interior. Pero come to think of it, the 1st generation Fortuner is also tadtad ng hard plastics sa interior. Ganun kasi yung dating Fortuner ko

Let's not go into bashing of the 2 SUVs. Both TB and SF3 are really great but because of the requirements of Zeph, I would really suggest the TB. A ladder frame SUV fits his requirements and honestly speaking, the TB LTZ 4x4 A/T is the most bang for the buck Thai made ladder frame diesel SUV in the market right now
    You're right bro, a ladder-frame SUV is a better match for the TS' requirements. But you can't say that the TB is the best bang-for-the-buck without considering aesthetic appeal as well. It's not good value if you're not happy seeing it on a daily basis.

I have a friend who, just like you, is impressed by the specs of the Trailblazer. But he simply couldn't get over the looks, which he says is just nowhere as timeless as a Fortuner or as butch as a Montero. He got himself a 3.0V Fortuner even if he acknowledges that it doesn't have the best engine and isn't the most modern out there.

Very few people (because there are very few TB owners relative to Fort/MS) find the aesthetics of the Trailblazer to be great. But for those who do, then no doubt the Trailblazer is the SUV for them.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Very good comments mga Sir. Very much appreciated.

Now we are excited for the upcoming Auto Show. We have to test drive these 2 SUVs. I already test drove the new Sta Fe at last year's Auto Show in MOA. It was good. This time, we will test drive the TBZ.

I think the 2 SUVs have their own attributes that can be good and applicable for us.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    lol di naman pangit look ng TB yung santa fe bagay sya sa mga professionals/executive na mga tao kasi small and luxurious yung dating nya while TB looks big, rugged, macho and parang nambubully yung dating nya one of the reason kaya TB kinuha namin nung wednesday. nasa taste ng tao yan kung ano yung maganda sa paningin nya. cheers.

btw meron din kaming 2009 santa fe and I can say na mas mabilis magaccelerate ang santa fe pero mas comfy ang ride kay TB not sure why baka may problema santa fe namin since nung binili pero ganun yung impression ng mga tao dito samin nung naksakay sila sa TB.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast