New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    TB was designed by a brazilian, built by thais and the company is american. I think chevy is planning to sell the TB or colorado in the US. TB vs SF3. TB ako. kahit pangit sya

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    TB was designed by a brazilian, built by thais and the company is american. I think chevy is planning to sell the TB or colorado in the US. TB vs SF3. TB ako. kahit pangit sya
    You forgot one thing sir. Duramax Diesel engine of the TB was engineered and designed primarily by the Americans and Italians The engine is sourced from VM Motori Italia, which used to be a 50-50 partnership between GM and Fiat until the former sold all it's shares to Fiat last year.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dahwan02 View Post
    lol di naman pangit look ng TB yung santa fe bagay sya sa mga professionals/executive na mga tao kasi small and luxurious yung dating nya while TB looks big, rugged, macho and parang nambubully yung dating nya one of the reason kaya TB kinuha namin nung wednesday. nasa taste ng tao yan kung ano yung maganda sa paningin nya. cheers.

btw meron din kaming 2009 santa fe and I can say na mas mabilis magaccelerate ang santa fe pero mas comfy ang ride kay TB not sure why baka may problema santa fe namin since nung binili pero ganun yung impression ng mga tao dito samin nung naksakay sila sa TB.

You've got a point there dahwan02... Points for both vehicles actually...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sir, based on your requirements, I would suggest the TB and especially, since you mentioned hauling stuffs which might include towing, dito talaga mas lamang ang Trailblazer.

Nobody mentioned it yet but the towing capacity of the Trailblazer is rated 3-tons. Therefore, you won't need a bigger vehicle than the TB when it actually has that towing capacity.

Both have 6-speed automatic transmissions but since 4x2 lang Santa Fe, it is FWD. The TB is RWD while in 2WD mode, so mas lamang ang acceleration ng TB sa Santa Fe, even if they are close in horsepower, though TB has 500NM of torque while Santa Fe has 420NM.

TB also has higher ground clearance than SF and it can be useful in bad weather. Sa luxuries and comfort, dun mas lamang ang SF pero in your criteria, mas useful ang TB.

But in the end, it's your choice, sir. Happy car shopping!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Sir, based on your requirements, I would suggest the TB and especially, since you mentioned hauling stuffs which might include towing, dito talaga mas lamang ang Trailblazer.

Nobody mentioned it yet but the towing capacity of the Trailblazer is rated 3-tons. Therefore, you won't need a bigger vehicle than the TB when it actually has that towing capacity.

Both have 6-speed automatic transmissions but since 4x2 lang Santa Fe, it is FWD. The TB is RWD while in 2WD mode, so mas lamang ang acceleration ng TB sa Santa Fe, even if they are close in horsepower, though TB has 500NM of torque while Santa Fe has 420NM.

TB also has higher ground clearance than SF and it can be useful in bad weather. Sa luxuries and comfort, dun mas lamang ang SF pero in your criteria, mas useful ang TB.

But in the end, it's your choice, sir. Happy car shopping!

Well based on what I read from the reviews, acceleration of Sta. Fe would be faster as based on its lighter weight.

Acceleration 0-100 kph:

Sta. Fe 2.2 CRDi with 197 bhp -- 9.8 secs (Source: topgear uk)

Chevrolet TBZ LTZ 2.8 CTDi 197 bhp -- no specific review yet with regard to acceleration
    But for the previous model (177 bhp) -- 10.8 secs- factory claim (Source: automobile-catalog.com)

Acceleration for us is just a minor factor since we are talking about SUVs, unless we buy a race car or supercar then we will talk more on the acceleration. Acceleration for an affordable midsize-SUV of 0-100kph in range of 10-13 secs is already good enough for us to overtake reckless bus or truck drivers.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    This time TB is for practically and new looks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I test drove a new Sta Fe yesterday for a stretch of 3-5Km road. I found it nice and refined... Though, we noticed some setbacks .
    One was the noticeable low Ground clearance. Ang baba nya compared to other SUVs. And the cladding made it lower still. With this, mahirap ipagitna mga malalaking bato or debris on the road especially on the provincial roads or highways, which I usually do when driving, particularly pag may kasalubong kang mga trucks at buses, and that the usual highways/roads are just 2 lanes in the province. There will be high chance that the engine below could be hit. Also pag baha, mukhang delicate syang ilusong pag me baha e hehe.
    Second, the view for the driver and passenger- Parang mataas yung panels/level of view eh, unlike sa Monty or Strada where you can readily see the roads. O baka siguro hindi lang kami sanay .
    Thirdly, I think there's no "child proof lock" or something since I could not find buttons to lock all the doors on the driver side. Mahirap sa amin yun kasi minsan may mga batang sakay kami, o pasaherong makukulit.
    Fourth, the steering wheels are little numb, even in Normal mode. I could not feel the road. Ang tipo kasi namin yung parang may feeling kami ng road grip-and-downforce thing ala F1 So mas maganda sigurong ilagay na lang lagi sa Sports mode hehe. Fifth, mukha ngang malambot suspension sa likod... Para bang pag kinargahan ng 50-70 Kg cargo eh sasayad na ang tires sa fender.

For us, Sta Fe is a crossover, and an Urban SUV.

Just our thoughts... No offense meant. Otherwise, nice ride.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Well based on what I read from the reviews, acceleration of Sta. Fe would be faster as based on its lighter weight.

Acceleration 0-100 kph:

Sta. Fe 2.2 CRDi with 197 bhp -- 9.8 secs (Source: topgear uk)

Chevrolet TBZ LTZ 2.8 CTDi 197 bhp -- no specific review yet with regard to acceleration
    But for the previous model (177 bhp) -- 10.8 secs- factory claim (Source: automobile-catalog.com)

Acceleration for us is just a minor factor since we are talking about SUVs, unless we buy a race car or supercar then we will talk more on the acceleration. Acceleration for an affordable midsize-SUV of 0-100kph in range of 10-13 secs is already good enough for us to overtake reckless bus or truck drivers.
    From what I've seen at COTY (haven't published this year's results yet, though... have to get around to that...), the Santa Fe is in the low 9's with FWD (which is what you get with the same money you would spend on a 4x4 TB), while the TB is nearly 10 flat with the 200 hp 4x4 model, and in the low 9's with the RWD model.

This is in similar conditions with two people on board.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    I test drove a new Sta Fe yesterday for a stretch of 3-5Km road. I found it nice and refined... Though, we noticed some setbacks .
    One was the noticeable low Ground clearance. Ang baba nya compared to other SUVs. And the cladding made it lower still. With this, mahirap ipagitna mga malalaking bato or debris on the road especially on the provincial roads or highways, which I usually do when driving, particularly pag may kasalubong kang mga trucks at buses, and that the usual highways/roads are just 2 lanes in the province. There will be high chance that the engine below could be hit. Also pag baha, mukhang delicate syang ilusong pag me baha e hehe.
    Second, the view for the driver and passenger- Parang mataas yung panels/level of view eh, unlike sa Monty or Strada where you can readily see the roads. O baka siguro hindi lang kami sanay .
    Thirdly, I think there's no "child proof lock" or something since I could not find buttons to lock all the doors on the driver side. Mahirap sa amin yun kasi minsan may mga batang sakay kami, o pasaherong makukulit.
    Fourth, the steering wheels are little numb, even in Normal mode. I could not feel the road. Ang tipo kasi namin yung parang may feeling kami ng road grip-and-downforce thing ala F1 So mas maganda sigurong ilagay na lang lagi sa Sports mode hehe. Fifth, mukha ngang malambot suspension sa likod... Para bang pag kinargahan ng 50-70 Kg cargo eh sasayad na ang tires sa fender.

For us, Sta Fe is a crossover, and an Urban SUV.

Just our thoughts... No offense meant. Otherwise, nice ride.
    Agree. Di talaga pang harabas ang SF. For tough job, go with TBZ.
    While its soft suspension is a plus for comfortable ride, yan din ang achilles heel nya lalo pag medyo madami kayong sakay o dala.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I just wanted to share the following article with you guys--

Explaining All-Wheel, Four-Wheel, Front-Wheel and Rear-Wheel Drive on Edmunds.com

I have been reading. Already test drove the TBZ 2014 LT variant in the auto show just few days ago.

And now, we are still split with our decision...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast