New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,571
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post

    If the TB isn't a good vehicle, James Deakin wouldn't buy one just a few weeks ago. He is one of our newest members at the Trailblazer Club.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    So you are saying that before we decide to buy an SUV, we should peek first at James Deakin garage to see if he has one? lol

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    So you are saying that before we decide to buy an SUV, we should peek first at James Deakin garage to see if he has one? lol
    I just cited him because he wouldn't buy the TB if it isn't a good SUV. He can choose to buy a SF or a Fort or a Monty because they are good SUVs also. What I'm saying is, he won't buy a TB if it's not good.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    186
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Well it's quieter than the diesel engines of Isuzu. And one thing that we in the Trailblazer Club noticed, the 2014 TB's engines are more refined and quieter than our 2013 TBs. And also sounds different. Even the motoring journalists like niky and his colleagues also noticed it.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Here's a qoute from Paul Tan's website...Chevrolet introduces 2nd-gen MY14 Duramax diesels

    "Also redesigned are the cylinder head and cylinder block, both lighter but with increased cooling efficiency. Finally, a balancer shaft has been added to reduce vibration/noise and promote smoother operation. The units also feature a new engine control module, featuring newly-developed software, for quicker response and added accuracy."

    It is very clear that the Duramax2 (2014 models -trailblazers/colorados) has a number of enhancements that contribute to its "quiteness" compared with the Duramax1 (2013 model and below). I took a peek on the engine bay of 2014 colorado and found it is now using a new engine control module different than the previous models. Note that NVH levels are a direct influence of engine design and techniques in fuel injection (multi injection) strategy. this requires advanced electronics hardware and software technology.

  4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    30
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    Here's a qoute from Paul Tan's website...Chevrolet introduces 2nd-gen MY14 Duramax diesels

    "Also redesigned are the cylinder head and cylinder block, both lighter but with increased cooling efficiency. Finally, a balancer shaft has been added to reduce vibration/noise and promote smoother operation. The units also feature a new engine control module, featuring newly-developed software, for quicker response and added accuracy."

    It is very clear that the Duramax2 (2014 models -trailblazers/colorados) has a number of enhancements that contribute to its "quiteness" compared with the Duramax1 (2013 model and below). I took a peek on the engine bay of 2014 colorado and found it is now using a new engine control module different than the previous models. Note that NVH levels are a direct influence of engine design and techniques in fuel injection (multi injection) strategy. this requires advanced electronics hardware and software technology.

    We will take note of that. Hmmnnn....

    One of the concerns for me too, as I add in my criteria is-- the issues with the Distributors here. We can all read, particularly in the threads etc., a lot of complains regarding HARI and the other Hyundai distributors. Hassle kasi na small issues lang eh could add to your stress. Buti pa tuloy Mitsubishi, kahit hindi ganun ka-famous abroad, has good service (well for us it's good enough), and sales here.

    Also, the rating of Chevrolet being on the upper portion of the 2014 US Vehicle Dependability Study Rating is a major plus for us, even though the particular models like the TB was not mentioned, the company as a whole can take credit on that. Moreover, it's again plus point for us is the Overall Total sales of a brand, like GM (where Chevy is under it), expected to be on the top 3, aside from Toyota and Volkswagen. Unless of course if you're buying your dream car (like Ferrari), the latter won't matter.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    We will take note of that. Hmmnnn....

    One of the concerns for me too, as I add in my criteria is-- the issues with the Distributors here. We can all read, particularly in the threads etc., a lot of complains regarding HARI and the other Hyundai distributors. Hassle kasi na small issues lang eh could add to your stress. Buti pa tuloy Mitsubishi, kahit hindi ganun ka-famous abroad, has good service (well for us it's good enough), and sales here.

    Also, the rating of Chevrolet being on the upper portion of the 2014 US Vehicle Dependability Study Rating is a major plus for us, even though the particular models like the TB was not mentioned, the company as a whole can take credit on that. Moreover, it's again plus point for us is the Overall Total sales of a brand, like GM (where Chevy is under it), expected to be on the top 3, aside from Toyota and Volkswagen. Unless of course if you're buying your dream car (like Ferrari), the latter won't matter.
    Chevrolet has better aftersales than Hyundai here. Mababait at maayos kausap ang mga dealers nila. Just avoid most Chevrolet dealers of the Juno Cars Group namely Shaw, Alabang and Laguna.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,931
    #36
    TBZ na yan. By a wide margin.. As for Mr Deakin, the guy has driven and reviewed more cars than any of the normal guys here in the thread, except of course to posters here who are also motoring writers...kahit papaano may timbang yung pag pili niya ng TBZ in terms of kaalaman sa motoring.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,071
    #37
    500 Nm, ladder frame, and 7 seats. I don't know any head of the house who would say no to that =)

    Unless of course he prefers a more car like ride heheh

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    820
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    We will take note of that. Hmmnnn....

    One of the concerns for me too, as I add in my criteria is-- the issues with the Distributors here. We can all read, particularly in the threads etc., a lot of complains regarding HARI and the other Hyundai distributors. Hassle kasi na small issues lang eh could add to your stress. Buti pa tuloy Mitsubishi, kahit hindi ganun ka-famous abroad, has good service (well for us it's good enough), and sales here.

    Also, the rating of Chevrolet being on the upper portion of the 2014 US Vehicle Dependability Study Rating is a major plus for us, even though the particular models like the TB was not mentioned, the company as a whole can take credit on that. Moreover, it's again plus point for us is the Overall Total sales of a brand, like GM (where Chevy is under it), expected to be on the top 3, aside from Toyota and Volkswagen. Unless of course if you're buying your dream car (like Ferrari), the latter won't matter.
    tb owner here

    yeah di nga sikat monty kaya meron nga nito sa russia lalo na sa urals and nakakita din ako ng monty sa south america(brazil, peru and etc..) and africa di nga sila sikat... sa u.s.a. naman first gen lang ang meron(sarcasm)

    want to be different choose the tb(cause i know ones that the all new monty, eve and fort comes out there will still be fewer tb s' on the road) want to be safe(meaning aftermarket parts) buy a monty

    as of now take hyundai out of the question good car horrible after sales

    2.2million down the drain IF IT GOES BAD but as of now ala pa atang nakitang problems sa hyundai santa fe unlike sa main competitor na ford explorer (good after sales but the car is the real problem here- not the engine but the car itself)
    Last edited by victorevolution; March 20th, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    30
    #39
    All points well taken my fellow tsikoteers and TBZ owners

    It would be interesting if a new Sta Fe owner posts here.

    We also realized that this thread is becoming fascinating. With the price range of Php 1.7-1.8M, I think it's about time, with our economy getting stronger and better, for the car companies to bring in here other models like the Toyota Highlander; also Acura brand (well that's in the luxury level); more affordable pricing for Ford models and Jeep or GM, that is for Asian market; Hybrid SUVs, etc. Just wondering... It's a marvel to see different models of cars on the road, you know.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10
    #40
    We were also in the same situation about a month ago. We were also choosing between the Santa Fe 2x2 and Trailblazer 4x4 but ended up buying the Santa Fe. Why? Simple. Coz it looks and feels better. I don't really like Trailblazer's design because I think it looks awkward. Actually it's not an American car like what most ppl say, well the first one was but the current generation isn't. Technically, it's a Thailand car. But my dad really likes it because he says na "mas sulit" daw pag TBZ and I guess he's right kase sobrang padami na ng padami ang TBZ around the road and it's getting too common already (like the Montero) that's why a lot of Filipinos prefer it over other competition. But then he saw the Santa Fe in flesh and it was really stunning indeed. It looks and feels like a luxury German SUV and the ride is really nice, smooth and quiet. Di mo talaga aakalain na Diesel kase it's quiet and the engine is really powerful. Plus it's even more efficient than our 2010 Ford Everest. So yeah just got our red merlot unit just last week and we are MORE THAN SATISFIED. The smark key/push start button was also a big plus for me. Plus it looks small on the outside but when you step inside, it's actually roomier than most ladder-frame SUVs. There's little complains sa 3rd row though but in my case, it's not an issue at all kase comfortable din naman umupo don. It has enough leg space and head room for a 5'8 guy like me and I even spent 3 hours sitting there without any discomort when we went to Tarlac. I guess if you're more than 5'11 then di ka pede sa 3rd row. Plus Santa Fe's not too common in the road din so whenever you see one, it's like a rare gem. I think it's because it's a little overpriced but in my opinion, it's all worth it :D

    You can watch this review of the SF for more info
    Hyundai Santa Fe SUV review - CarBuyer - YouTube

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ Vs 2014 Sta. Fe 4x2 AT